It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheism is Scientifically Impossible

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk alienhunter
Just one more thing i thought of after reading your op once again.. U claim dna is too complex to be here just by chance and would need a creator..

ok.. well...If u continue with your logic then im pretty sure your GOD would be far more complex than dna, so it begs the question who created your god??? cos something so complex needs a creator.. right??? lol

I think I know the answer!
(assuming there is a god)

...god evolved.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It will never cease to amaze me how that religionists who despise science (real science) nonetheless try to cloak their religious beliefs in pseudo-scientific claptrap in a vain attempt to give them air of authority and legitimacy which they do not and cannot possess, and how they try in vain to delegitimize or insult atheists by - of all things - insisting that atheism is a faith or religion. But now you have out-done yourself. What better way to relieve yourself of the burden of proof for your delusions than to deny that atheism exists.

The utter vulgarity of such mindlessness is just breath taking.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Can't we put this to rest already?

Are we so arrogant as to never be able to say, "I just don't know."

I DON'T KNOW.

Those little words are hard mountains to climb when you're arrogant.
Those little words are hard mountains to climb when you're ignorant.
Those little words are hard mountains to climb when you deny that you're ignorant.

Those little words AREN'T such hard mountains to climb when you're busy DENYING IGNORANCE.

I don't know.

(Science will never prove that God exists or does not exist. Look at it like this. If God exists, He wants us to have FAITH, which is contrary to scientific proof. Therefore, being God as is described in most religious faiths, He would very easily be able to keep humans from full understanding. On the contrary, If God does not exist as claimed by atheists, there is nothing to "prove". That's called scientific burden of proof and not being able to prove a negative. So, give it a rest already.)

Say it with me....I DON'T KNOW.

Respectfully
A2D

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW I DONT KNOW
I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW...........

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bwinwright

What BIBLE THUMPER site did you get your info from

Lets have some links to all the science in your OP.

IN fact look here for a nice LONG lists of god(s) that have been
created by MAN ( note MAN in capitals god not)
Yes thats right MAN created god like all the rest on this site.

www.lowchensaustralia.com...

He also created Santa , Easter Bunny , the Bogey Man etc etc

I dont believe in any of those either

[edit on 19-3-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The point I was trying to make is I don't care what you believe in and you shouldn't waste your time worrying about what I believe.

Right now everybody is arguing about what is true and what is not.
What happens when we find out about either side? More arguing.

Be a friend, love your mama and help a stranger every now and then. What's wrong with that?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by bwinwright
Atheism is scientifically impossible

Atheism, the denial of the necessity for any intelligence in the establishment of the universe and all of the life within it has been proved to be scientifically impossible.

Pherhaps you are confused as to what the term atheism means, it simply refers to the denial God, or a god. Unless you can say with certainty that God created our universe it is impossible to scientifically disprove or prove the existence of God. If you do know the source of such info I would love to educate myself.

The Darwinian Atheist believes that DNA simply arrived on the scene by some form of cosmic chance or luck, not requiring any form of intelligent assistance. Of course, to make themselves sound less ridiculous, Atheists like to use the term Natural Selection to explain such things. Of course, Darwin’s Theory of Natural Selection is just that, a theory, which has now been scientifically proven to be false.

When has this occured? Fossil evidence and new studies show that Darwin's theory is likely correct, although he did not account for radical changes in an organism that can occur when even a dormant gene is manipulated. An example is that one small change in an idividual gene can allow birds to grow teeth, the result being a dinsosaur like mouth/beak. I guess the only thing more rediculous than creating a theory of our existence through understanding and learning from our surroundings is to believe a story of a guy written thousands of years ago (and almaost a century after his death) in a language far different than today's, and seating your values and beliefs in that.

In reality, God is everything that is. God is omnipresent, meaning that God is everywhere, occupying all space, simultaneously. There is nothing that is not God.

Since this God is omnipresent, God must also be omnipotent or all-powerful. This is true because even the tiniest particle or wave of energy possesses power and since God is everything, God must possess all of the power.

God is omniscient or all-knowing too. Since God is everything, one organic whole, this ineffable, multi-dimensional form of oneness, like one big mind, then it is reasonable to conclude that this God must also be all-knowing. It knows everything in its one big mind which includes everything.

Again you are mistaken, pherhaps opening dictionary or purchasing another one would be helpful. God is the creator of everything, not everything. I kind of agree with your premise that we are all divine but find that current religions tend only to divide people instead of uniting them in this idea.
You seem to be religous as you capitalize god, yet all of your points could well be made by someone who is agnostic. God, in one form or another has been around since mankind has tried to explain the universe. The sun rises because of the sun god, we catch food because of the fish god etc. Also, religions have been changed, stories borrowed or stolen for just as long. For a good look on the history of religion, from people that have studied for centuries read 'The Evolution of God'.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
When will they ever learn that nothing of value will ever be found in a book written by so-called scientists?

God's Word is all they need to find the Truth! Come to Church next Sunday and sing with joy as we roast marshmallows over burning science stuff. Get thee down Satan!! Out sinister Darwin!

Seriously?? You typed this on a computer, you learned to write and read because of scientists! Even the first gods were 'created' because ancients were trying to understand the forces of nature and the world around them, and thought it must be because of powers greater than themselves. Then you have 'religious' people slaughtering others that don't believe the same as them (crusades) and the burning of scientists and heritics, very un god-like, really against the core of almost every religion.
Science is education through experimentation, alaysis, and being critical, even of itself. Organized religion is the indoctrination of susceptible minds, especially children, and the belief that being spiritual is somehow linked to believing in one of the dominant faiths.
If you really want to learn about the truth instead of being told it, read 'The Evolution of God'. It is a history of theology from ancient times up to present day.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I just thought I would add this link to the conversation - www.missionislam.com...

I found it very intresting as I am a Muslim and believe that Allah created all. Also, I saw someone post something along the lines of " And how did God come into existence " ect. Well, using the atheistic logic, maybe Allah just came into existence out of nothing - as us humans did right? lol. I personally believe that Allah is simply an eternal source of energy - Allah doesn't resemble humans or any of his other creatures. Just as things humans have intelligently designed such as computers, electronics, ect, do not resemble us.

Anyway, i'll post a bit of what I read incase you are too busy to check out the site.

And feel free to criticize me all you want. I don't really care and am not here to start arguements with people. I am simply posting my belief/point of view as others have already done. thx!

We live in an amazing universe. It is a universe peculiarly balanced, and purposefully tempered as if to provide a safe host for living creatures.

According to modern astronomers, the universe is expanding. They hold that if gravity had been only slightly stronger, it would have overtaken expansion very early and caused the universe to collapse. Had gravity been slightly weaker, universe expansion would have become a runaway process, not allowing time for the formation of galaxies and stars.

If either of these had occurred, there would never have been an Earth on which creatures could live. This universe seems designed, even meticulously tailored to provide suitable conditions for living. If other basic ratios and constants had been just slightly different, the universe would not have been favourable to our existence.

If, for instance, the strong and weak nuclear forces were slightly stronger relative to the electromagnetic forces, hydrogen would not exist in its ordinary form. This would mean that heavier elements, such as carbon and oxygen - two of the essential building blocks of life - would never have existed.

The strength of gravity is crucial to the existence of life in the universe in another way. If it were weaker, then it could not crush the material in a star the size of the Sun with enough force to ignite its thermonuclear reactions. Only very massive stars would shine, and such stars would probably have too short lifespan to allow for the development of life.

These indications that the universe has been arranged to favour the appearance and survival of life has been taken very seriously by certain scientists. Prominent among them is astronomer Brandon Carter. Modern science estimates that it has taken 4 billion years for human beings to evolve from unicellular life forms. Carter has calculated that the average period for any evolution of this magnitude should take much longer - about 10 billion years. That is longer than the lifespan of a Sun-sized star, and much longer than the period of life-favourable conditions on Earth.

It would seem that intelligent life appeared on Earth despite its high improbability. We are again pulled towards recognizing the Creator.

~ Enjoy

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join