It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of Classified Weapon Use in Afghanistan and Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I did a quick search and found nothing. if this belongs in a better thread section, switch it up please.

The documentary is called "Star Wars in Iraq". I have not watched the entire 45 minute video. Although so far they are talking about lazer weapons (among others) being used on the ground. Here is a brief description of the documentary.

Is The U.S. using new experimental "Tactical High Energy Laser" weapons in Iraq?

"Star Wars in Iraq" is a new investigative report by ... all » Maurizio Torrealta and Sigfrido Ranucci.

RAI 24 News - Run Time 25 Minutes

According to official Pentagon sources, military vehicles equipped with this laser device have been used in Afghanistan to explode mines. According to two reliable military information sites -- Defense Tech and Defence Industry Daily - at least three such vehicles are being used in Iraq as well and some people report having seen them.

shrug - havent finished watching it, but I thought it might interest some people.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 14-3-2010 by epitaph.one]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Well, I always knew they had these, but wasn't sure they were using them against people already. It is the weapon of choice, as it strikes at the speed of light, not much you can do to defend against something like that. All they need to do is point and click. I have a small green laser that can burn things, but I can't even imagine the power ranges that they are using, and to get hit with something like that...You wouldn't have time to take your last breath..Sad world we live in..

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes, I saw that video here on ATS 2 years ago, introduced me to the Star Wars project by the US military, sophisticated laser weaponry, most of it classified.

I wouldn't put it past them trying out some of the new tech on a real battlefield, Iraq and Afghanistan would be a perfect place without too many witnesses, since there are many many remote desert areas and mountain ranges.

I think the Star Wars project isn't the only one that it being put to test there without public awareness.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Sounds like it's time for someone to invent 'mirror' uniforms.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Sounds like it's time for someone to invent 'mirror' uniforms.

They already have. I've seen pictures of it, it is covered in small cut mirrors, all over. They called it "invisibility", because when you are in, say a forrested environment, it reflects all the greenery around you causing you to "blend in" with your surroundings. You can mainly only see the person during movement.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Freezer

I hear all that! I was told a few years ago by two online forum friends who were with the First Marine division in Iraq. they told me they saw a group of people yelling and throwing rocks at a tank. Suddenly the tank spat out a beam of red light that nearly vaporized the crowd, they said it was blinding. Was this a true story? I admit i was a little leery at first, but after researching this, my fears were set aside. Now I know it's true, and there are other weapons systems that are operational too.

Defending America - April 2006 Cover Story
The Pentagon wants to deploy a host of exotic new weapons systems. Critics say too much of this costly hardware is designed to fight the wrong war.
Link to Story

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

It's not a true story. A laser is invisible, unless fired through a medium that will reflect light, which desert air most certainly isn't. There will not be a "red beam" through the air. Also, the laser beam would not be red, as that is the weakest wavelength a visible laser could be. It sounds exactly like those guys are pulling your leg.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Absolutely there are top secret systems being tested. Here's one they now admit to:

USAF Stealth Drone

The first Gulf War was nothing but a glorified live fire exercise, same with Bosnia. Decades worth of new technology that had never been tested in real-world situations was rolled out for final evaluations.

I saw an interview with a Boeing rep a few years ago concerning the JDAM system. The intresting point wasn't the tech itself, but that the rep claimed so many had been purchased the 'break-even' point had been passed; they could build them basically at cost now.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I do know that they also use lasers to stun people. What they have is lasers which use a slightly spread out beam, and instead of a flashbang, they will flash the person with the laser and temporarily blind them. I'm not sure about the vaporizing part though.

Originally posted by davesidious
It's not a true story. A laser is invisible, unless fired through a medium that will reflect light, which desert air most certainly isn't. There will not be a "red beam" through the air. Also, the laser beam would not be red, as that is the weakest wavelength a visible laser could be. It sounds exactly like those guys are pulling your leg.

Actually even a 150mw red laser's beam will be visible during the nighttime. I used to have a 150mw red pen laser and it lit up the sky quite nicely. These types of high power pen lasers are used by astronomers to help locate and point out stars for others. The green lasers however are best picked up by the human eye. That's why it's not a good idea to flash around a high power green laser, as it will gather a lot of attention, and anything over 5mw's is illegal to use outdoors.

At the end of this video shows a visible red beam.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Freezer]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by Freezer

I hear all that! I was told a few years ago by two online forum friends who were with the First Marine division in Iraq. they told me they saw a group of people yelling and throwing rocks at a tank. Suddenly the tank spat out a beam of red light that nearly vaporized the crowd, they said it was blinding. Was this a true story? I admit i was a little leery at first, but after researching this, my fears were set aside. Now I know it's true, and there are other weapons systems that are operational too.

Link to Story

You are nearly right.

If you have a laser that is a invisible wavelength you need a way to aim it.

Since the high power laser is only fired in short burst what better way to aim the system then to use a low power red laser just like is used on rifles and handguns to aim the weapon with.

Once you have the red laser pinpointed on the target then you fire the high power laser that hits the same point as the targeting laser.

And if you have a red targeting laser why not make it powerful enough to be used to temporary blind a crowd.

Or at least scare the c**p out of them.
Just like the cops use the laser on there handguns to put a red dot on some ones chest to warn them that is where the bullet is going.

I live just out side the NWC China lake.
and this is one of the labs here.
www.sfgate.com.../e/a/1999/03/21/METRO14071.dtl

top topics

join