It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of Shock and Vulgarity/ Music videos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
vigilantcitizen.com...

This site explains a lot...

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Beyoncé doesn't have Illuminati ties. There are two issues with that assertion:

1. The Illuminati haven't been shown to currently exist
2. The "ties" are barely even circumstantial. They are definitely not supported by actual, real evidence

Music will be as edgy as it always has been. You're not the first person saying that popular music is dangerous. You're just getting old
It happens to all of us. There have been shocking videos since music videos were first made.

This is nothing new. This is marketing. They want money. The reason they are shocking is so people like you post videos around, getting more people to listen to the song, and more people to buy it. You fell for their ploy.

All this talk about Illuminati stuff is straight-up grade-A unsubstantiated paranoid bollocks.

Maybe, but the music videos are getting way too stupid.

You know when they like laugh in the simpsons with pop culture and they always exagerate well this right now in my eyes is like the simpson parody on pop culture, totally exagerated and midnless

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To be honest I first have to say, I really love women and I love to watch women dance. There bodies seem made for it.
That said. This is just a trend that goes way back even before Madonna. Certainly you've noticed the trend? It constantly gets worse with no end in
sight.

The word is decadence. The feel of this video with it stop n chatter
specisl effects I believe to be very hard on a sane persons psyche. Filled with flash images and the whole video culminates in the promotion of murder. I agree with your heading OP. Vulger to say the least. The entertainment industry has reasons for this desent.

It's easy to see how are youth today seems so detached. You can
be sure of one thing, it's all taking us somewhere.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's just a sloppy and ridiculous montage of crap due to the fact that they have to fulfill all their product placement contracts somehow.

"Hrm, let's see, we have contracts for Wonder Bread, Miracle Whip, bunch of Clothes, Coca-Cola, Virgin Mobile...... Damn, we should have used some of these earlier, looks like we have to make a really stupid f**king music video to place all these products."

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
vigilantcitizen.com...

This site explains a lot...

AH! YES!

As seen in previous articles on this site, the world’s biggest stars exploit common themes in their work, permeating popular culture with a set of symbols and values. The cohesiveness of the message that is communicated to the masses, regardless of the artists’ musical genre, attests to the influence of a “higher power” over the industry. Other articles on this site have explored the way Illuminati symbolism, based on secret society occultism, has been reflected in popular videos. Exposing and desensitizing the world to the elite’s sacred symbols is, however, only one aspect of their agenda. Other aspects of Illuminati control are reflected in today’s popular music as well, including: mass mind control, transhumanism (the “robotization” of the human body) and the gradual introduction of a virtual police state. Through the news, movies and the music industry, this agenda is being insidiously presented to the masses, using various techniques. If the news scares people into accepting measures diminishing their personal freedoms and ushering in a “new era”, the music business accomplishes the same job by making it seem sexy, cool and trendy. This angle is mainly aimed at the younger crowd, which is much more susceptible to “take in” the industry’s message.

Odd..no?

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just come across this...now imagine this child imitating her idol as seen in the video in my opening post...

that is shocking and vulgar...

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's just a sloppy and ridiculous montage of crap due to the fact that they have to fulfill all their product placement contracts somehow.

"Hrm, let's see, we have contracts for Wonder Bread, Miracle Whip, bunch of Clothes, Coca-Cola, Virgin Mobile...... Damn, we should have used some of these earlier, looks like we have to make a really stupid f**king music video to place all these products."

Yuo may be a lot closer to hitting the truth than you think. LAbels are cutting back budgets. Artist however, are still blowing money like always. This means the well of money for creating videos is drying up. So, what is the solution if you want to make a video? You go out and recruit sponsors.

Flo Rida did it with his video for "Touch Me." He had Adult Friend Finder pay for most of the video and provide models.

I'm not even going to get in depth with this thread. It gets exhausting replying to all of the people that swear the devil/NWO/Satanist or whatever run the music industry. The music industry is run by greedy and lazy #holes. Their is no conspiracy out their for producers or anybody else to insert images or words promoting the NWO or Satan.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
I'm not even going to get in depth with this thread. It gets exhausting replying to all of the people that swear the devil/NWO/Satanist or whatever run the music industry.

Your probably right, but what fun is there in not speculating

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by MikeNice81
I'm not even going to get in depth with this thread. It gets exhausting replying to all of the people that swear the devil/NWO/Satanist or whatever run the music industry.

Your probably right, but what fun is there in not speculating

And speculation it is..no matter which side you argue..
The debunkers have no more proof than those who believe...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

S+F... I dont have time right now to do a full reply... just wanted to show support for your OP

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Gaga is just like stuff from the 90s. I think pop culture has been very obscene since about the mid 90s, but 2010 is not that much worse than 1995. Maybe there's less clean stuff still left now than there was in 1995.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Actually I have worked with Grammy award winning producers, engineers, and song writers. I have also worked with writers that constantly write "Hot 100" songs.

From everything I have seen there is no concerted effort to put any slant on the music to benefit a certain ideological outlook. The music business is run mostly by old men that refuse to adapt to changing technology and taste. A large portion of the other executives and business men are rich kids that made it in either on family legacy or because mommy and daddy bought their way in with favors.

The music business isn't an NWO/Satanist controlled conspiracy machine. It is a sad example of what happens to art when it becomes controlled by corporate consolidation on all fronts. The business is hemorrhaging money on all fronts and that leads to a lot of bad situations.

I believe most of the symbolism and shock in videos is simple to explain. Labels are turning to young directors that are trying to make a name. This guys usually work for half or a third of the regular price. The bad thing is most of them don't realize the labels are never going to pay the old rates. So, they attempt to make overly shocking videos to create controversy. Controversy makes the video more popular and makes the labels and artist more money. However, it doesn't translate to exuberant fees for people making the video. The days of Hype Williams type money is over. However, nobody wants to acknowledge this is the truth.

That failure to accept the truth is killing the business. Yet, they think just a touch more controversy or marketing will bring back the days of multi-platinum first day CD sales. You will continue to see this trend for several years. Product placement and corporate sponsorship will also continue to grow. With in the next decade we will either see the complete corporatization of music or the monster-mega corporate structure will crumble. What you see is an industry under going a painful rebirthing process. Unfortunately no one knows what will be born.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the video was to be retarded and over the top. Not to mention to also take the piss out of people who take their media too seriously.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I havent finished it yet...YET. Im about halfway through it and YEEEEHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Is the truck supposed to resemble the P-wagon from 'Kill Bill Volume 1' If so, then nice touch. Its not really even edgy, Matter of fact its more tame in alot of ways than underwear commercials from many years ago. Everything Ive evr seen this chick in is kicks a@#!!
If I were single, she wouldnt be much longer.....OK blood is starting to circulate normally again..and Byonce.....HOLLYYYY CRAP!!

Just had to post..Video so far is AWESOME!!!

Im not going to cheapen by disecting it either...Its just fine. If those were my daughters, Id be proud proud proud. Seriously.

Just finished it.Hey..it was the 'P-wagon' ...excellent...

[edit on 15-3-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
A music video is the last of anyones worries.
You people will get worked up over nothing sometimes.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Have we seriously run out of conspiracies that we have to involve Gaga and Beyonce now? With all due respect let's put things into context. Look at how she dresses at events then think about ALL of her videos. It si all done for shock factor and media coverage. "There is no such thing as BAD media coverage for celebrities." Marilyn Manson did the same thing as did Madonna in her day , just the bar has been raised.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Lady Gaga, a smashing pop culture phenomenon, sells. Dripping flesh, hot blood, strange powers. It is a tempting cocktail. If anybody tries to sell you Lady Gaga, always check out their agenda. Nobody launches themselves into territory like this without some kind of axe to grind.

Hereby I, the dubbed Czech Hollywood Warrior Priest from Serious Entertainment, announce the glorious arrival of "The Phoenix Stardom Of Snowwhite Lady Gaga - Or My Secret Vault Relationship With Her" - an authentic book, the fastest I´ve ever penned under adverse circumstances (it took me only three weeks). It also includes my new hypnotic concept album for her entitled Voodoo I publically offer for US$ 100 666. What a hell of a pure video poetry extravaganza. The fact that I am head over heels with Lady Gaga adds some extra spice to my already exotic pedigree to live on for all eternity. She has turned my world upside down and inside out. Considering how it was before, well, the controversial masterpiece demonstrates the author´s very loose grasp of the tight facts.

No matter I hold onto the "shadow tradition", do not expect any whitewash. Lady Gaga is a "warts and all" approach to existence, a determination to explore extremes of both light and dark amidst the rainbow of her devouring universe. Lady Gaga is a vital but sometimes still neglected aspect of our past, present and - most importantly - the future ...

thesixthgospel.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If your a fat sweat pants wearing soccer mom...I'm sure its shocking.

upset that another woman doesn't have a short haircut..wears bum-equipment walmart clothes...isn't saddled with 2 or 3 kids that gave them the body of Rodney Dangerfield.

It's entertainment...the world needs Lady Ga Ga....and the likes.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Your post made me laugh and I wish I could give it 100 stars.

Personally, I love the video for Telephone. Gaga's videos always feature great dancing, fashions, and occasionally an interesting plot. This particular video took all three to a whole new level. The bottom line is the video is fun to watch, and that's what makes people enjoy it. If I had to guess, I would say that the reason she didn't make the video mimic the song lyrics is because 90% of videos take place in nightclubs anyway, and we know how Gaga loves to be different.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Music like this is the equivelant of taking a hot, rusty drill to my eardrums for several minutes, so I tried to watch the video with the sound pretty low. I only managed to watch it up until the dating site promotion, I found it that intolerable, and this is coming from an ex-Marilyn Manson fan and someone who continuously listens to industrial music that verges on being tuneless.

Whether or not it's random garbage plugging the gaping wound that is mainstream music isn't an issue for me. I don't think they thought much about the concept beyond presenting a video completely different to the lyrics, Gaga flaunting herself and the grating product placements. They're trying to shock and I don't have the energy to care.

I can safely say that's the first and last video of hers I will be watching.

I can't say that I agree or disagree with the OP, because I don't know what signs to look for as far illuminati agendas go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join