It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

stop shaking, damn EARTH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
As you can see in my info, I'm chilean. I live in Santiago and I'm SICK of the aftershocks of the last earthquake. You know, I was sleeping after a long meditation, everything went OK.... and 1, or 2 hours later, an aftershock.
I rolled up on my side (this things doesn't scare me), started to feel sleepy again and... another one.

Then I woke up in a very bad mood, turned on my pc and... GUESS WHAT! :bnghd:

I'm sick of living in this gigantic Jell-o bowl... I'm used to quakes since we have a lot, everyday, but this is starting to be too much. The usual quakes are soft and short, this ones are strong and long! even to wake me up when I'm sleeping on klonopin!

This is NOT funny, Earth. so please STOP the nonsense and go to sleep again. As I should be...
*rant over*

good night.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I really feel for you right now, it's difficult to live in an area that the ground you walk on, something solid you should be able to trust keeps breaking that trust.

I lived on Vancouver Island as a child and had a few scares. Then moved down the coast to Los Angeles just in time to have my butt thrown out of bed one morning and the road to work knocked out.

Now I've lived in Ontario Canada for over 20 years and far from any fault lines.
I sleep well at night, and trust the ground beneath my feet.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My friend, we have had doom and gloom as long as i can remember.

News media, blogs, chat rooms and forums seem to highlight and bring the bad news closer to our attention now.

What you need is to use diversionary procedures. It's creating a reality you can fall back on and relax and put the worlds problems out of the scene.

For me it's riding my 4-wheeler in the woods. Sometimes riding my motorcycle out on country roads helps. And fishing or just getting out and mingling with nature is good.

If I worried about all the worlds and my own problems I would go nuts.

You must understand that all you hear is going to happen hasn't happened and may never happen.

One day at a time. Don't let worry take your joy. Life is still good.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I lived in Alaska for a year and now live in Calif.

You kind of get use to it after a while.

One good thing is where you live has very stringent building codes.

Probably why you are still here and complaining on ATS.

That a good thing.

It will release the energy and then stop .

The stress will build up somewhere else and then let loose.

Probably here where I sit.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm calmer now... that night I was awoke by 3 aftershocks in a row... and in a vry bad mood. I have been raised here so I'm somewhat used to the shakes, but when it's this constant... you get tired...
At least the aftershocks are slower now...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I lived in California for most of my life, so I experienced some mild quakes and aftershocks. However, despite common belief, major quakes just do not happen all the time there. I lived 19 years in California, and I only experienced one reasonable quake and a few little ones.

I would be very irritated, too. Lack of sleep and I do not get on well.

new topics

top topics

join