It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's hope the Scots can fight this!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I hope they run Donald Trump off and tell him to go stick his golf course up his nether area.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Poor Donald. He isnt in the US inc. where we have laws that say that a business interest can merely show that their using your land has greater economic benefit than your using your land and swipe it from you.

He actually has to go about it the fair way, and convince them of their own free will to sell.

What a hardship for him.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Many people already have protested....this plan is very unpopular here, and there is no way he's getting this without a battle. He doesn't own all the land he needs, doesn't have planning permission yet, since he doesn't own the land, and hasn't secured the compulsory purchases he needs to complete either. Most of the small property owners have vowed never to sell to him and his arrogance is astounding.

I spend a lot of time in my childhood on Balmedie Beach, which is an SSSI...a Site of Special Scientific Interest, basically a nature reserve, and it's like another world....beautiful, wide sandy beach and 4000 year old dunes. I need to do a bit of research on this, but I do believe it's illegal to build on them anyway, so how the hell he thinks he can get a golf course wherever he wants is beyond me. Back handers to grovelling little local councillors on the planning committee, and Alex Salmond, of course.

We're kind of praying that the global downturn will hit the monsters like this first, and he just won't be able to raise the finance to do it...it's far from certain.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by caitlinfae]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Some more information on this issue from this morning's Press and Journal. Some of the reader's comments are very interesting, and the "other millionaire" mentioned is Sir Ian Wood, a local businessman, who wants to build over Aberdeen's tiny, but beautiful and a little neglected equivalent of Central Park with a "civic square" and car park.

www.pressandjournal.co.uk...

This is what he's interfering with...Balmedie Beach

newsimg.bbc.co.uk...

Anyone who thinks that this will provide jobs for many local people is kinda deluded....I'm guessing that the majority of jobs available in the end, apart from construction for a while, will be cleaners, gardeners, and waitresses.

top topics

join