It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sphinx Face

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is something of interests to me...

I thought for a long time the Sphinx was a Woman and a Lion, representing Leo/Virgo.

My mother had a strange NDE in which she said she was in Egypt with the Sphinx way back in time when it seemed brand new. She described the Sphinx having a 'beard' and the nose of the Sphinx being somewhat of a Lion's nose even though the face features mostly seemed to be of man.

I looked up the idea of the Sphinx having a beard...and...

www.britishmuseum.org...

Now if her NDE was a true experience of going back in time...I cant say that her experience still could of not been a later version of the Sphinx over the original version. I just offer her experience for those that follow NDE.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SlasherOfVeils

Just watched a show the other day. I think they are right. They said Lions were very important in history and head used to be head of the lion that goes with the body of a group of people BEFORE them and Kafru or whomever changed the head for their own. They also said it pre-dates the pyrmids. Makes sense to change the head if your egotistical and no regard for the builders of it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alexgia

The body of the sphinx is too thin to be that of a lion. It does seem to be perfect for a jackal which was a guardian for the dead. The face on the sphinx is also much smaller than the body and was obviously carved out of a much bigger face. The Anubis theory does make some sense as one starts to think about it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't really see a body of any sort when i look at the Sphinx. I see no discernible shoulders, or hips, just a vague shape of stone ,weathered to the same degree as the enclosure walls, with what appears to be, attached feet and tail .. and a much newer looking head. That's what i see. It has been explained , that the reason the head is in much better condition is because it is a harder outcropping of rock. I can see that the head was carved.. but i can't really see that there was ever an actual carved body.. ?unless it has deteriorated to such a degree that a distinct body shape is no longer detectable. ??? One other point.. i've been told that the Sphinx body is not out of proportion in relation to the head size... to which i'm compelled to respond.. "of course it is." ... seriously.. isn't it? Thanks.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Playing around with Photoshop to see if I could get a face out of the Sphinx. I didn't do it in color, so you have to imagine it painted a kind of ruddy brown with yellow and blue on the headdress.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a340d2070b6e.jpg[/atsimg]
[edit on 11-3-2010 by Blue Shift]

Haha, this is funny, I sure hope it didnt originally look like that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
As others already have mentioned, perhaps the sphinx head was originally that of a lion, or a lioness. If the sphinxes were used as temple guardians, and the Great Sphinx of Giza being in Lower Egypt, then what if it originally represented the goddess Bastet?
Bastet is most famously known as a Cat goddess, but originally she was a lion-goddess. She begins to appear in Egyptian records during the 3rd millenium bc, and was viewed as the protector goddess of lower egypt, defender of the pharaoh and defender of Ra.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join