It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Hanks trashes American Military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Comments from the YouTube poster.

I think Tom Hanks has gone a bit too far, but Im sure some young punks who were DRAFTED had that attitude, but it wasn't the overall morale.... I wasn't there, but I'm sure of it.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
So at what point in the video does Hanks "trash the military"? Posting a video of Bill O'Reilly being a pissy little girl because he couldn't get a A-list celebrity on his show doesn't warrant creating a soundbyte that misconstrues his intentions, does it?

What is the point of posting this?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree with TXRabbit. What was the point of posting this? I think you watched something other then what you posted.

All I hear is O'Reily being his normal whining self spewing a bunch of moronic tripe. I do loathe that man soooooiooo much.

Why don't you enlighten the rest of us on how Mr. Hanks "trashed" the military. You are way off the mark here OP.

Semper Fidelis

-Nate

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
it sounds more like he was talking about racism

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Why did you post that?

That had almost nothing to do with your OP title. It was, as the others rightly said, O'Reilly simply miscontruing facts to fit his warped sense of reality.

Because Hanks refuses to go on the FoxNews channel, and rightly so, O'Reilly goes off on one.

I'd suggest changing the OP Title to something more appropriate.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Funny how I just saw Hanks on the Daily show promoting his newest War movie and going on about how amazing the men who fought in WWII were. When did O'Really catch him speaking ill of the military exactly? I think Bill is more than reaching on this and if it were almost anyone other than Hanks, he would get learned right quick!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
Funny how I just saw Hanks on the Daily show promoting his newest War movie and going on about how amazing the men who fought in WWII were. When did O'Really catch him speaking ill of the military exactly? I think Bill is more than reaching on this and if it were almost anyone other than Hanks, he would get learned right quick!

Agreed..

But I don't think the words "Bill O'Reilly" and "learned" should ever appear anywhere next to each other!

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Agreed..

But I don't think the words "Bill O'Reilly" and "learned" should ever appear anywhere next to each other!

Good point. It was a hypothetical so I guess maybe it was wishful thinking but I agree and I think this thread right here only serves to highlight that.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
who cares what O'Reilly says?? Seriously..

Tom Hanks

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
What is up with all of the misleading titles? When in the video did Tom hanks actually trash the military? TRASH? and Bill O Reilly? Are you serious???? he is just about the worst person to ever receive serious information from, he spins everything.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
What is up with all of the misleading titles? When in the video did Tom hanks actually trash the military? TRASH? and Bill O Reilly? Are you serious???? he is just about the worst person to ever receive serious information from, he spins everything.

Tonight on the radio I heard Michael Savage railing out against the Hollywood Elite that HATES AMERICA. He listed them as Sean Penn, Stephen Speilberg, and Tom Hanks.

Tom Hanks? What did he supposedly say? Can the OP here at least try to explain what it is Faux News is trying to claim he said?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Tom Hanks is just expressing his opinion. . .which is supposed to be something protected by the same people he allegedly "trashed". I know we should never generalize any group of people. . .and yes, there were those who had great respect for the Japanese during WW2, but many, many people took the route of generalizing, profiling, and other negative things against them. As it was mentioned, the US interred Japanese Americans during that time. Tom Hanks is just stating the obvious. If people begin to freak out because a bus driver pulls over to pray, as has recently happened. . .then is it not obvious that too many people may feed a negative stereotype about Muslims, or culture they don't understand?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Divine Strake

For the youtube challenged, does anyone have a quote?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Comments from the YouTube poster.

I think Tom Hanks has gone a bit too far, but Im sure some young punks who were DRAFTED had that attitude, but it wasn't the overall morale.... I wasn't there, but I'm sure of it.

Yeah, I don't get this? And you quoted a youtube user? Do you have any of your own thoughts on "Tom Hanks trashing the military"?!

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
bill is a complete douchebag who spews hate and lies. and hes clearly out of touch with the majority of americans... my girlfriends grandparents are avid fox news watchers and her grandpa is racist as hell... how many rednecks do you know who hate "those stinnkin towelheads".? i know quite a few... hanks is simply making the comparison of the racism we had towards the japs to now towards the muslims... only diff is were not hoarding muslims into concentration camps.... or are we (guantanamo bay)

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I saw this the other night when I had a bit of insomnia, I was almost asleep, then Robert's opinion got me riled up, I almost posted a thread, but figured it'd just turn into bashing O'Riely, and while I don't agree with him, I don't think we need a bunch of bash threads.

But more on topic, Tom Hanks was 100% correct. I'll be honest, after 9/11, I didn't look at "muslim looking" people the same for a bit. I have since changed my opinion ten fold, but still, he was right. We were/are afraid of any guy named Mohammad (as a country).

I think this was a hit piece of Tom Hanks. Meant to come off like this:

"Tom Hanks wouldn't come on FOX "news". He is afraid that I, Papa Bear, will call him out on his communist ways. Screw Tom Hanks. He smells funny, and I also think he eats babies"

(a bit exaggerated for humor, but I think you get the point)

Oh yea...what was with the "fact" that more people watch FOX then any other news source? Is there any truth to that?

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wow, all I can say is 'why on earth would anyone choose to watch that O'Reily guy ... he's horrible ... even the guy he was interviewing looked embarrassed by his ignorant babble.

I think Tom Hank's comes across a really great man who is entitled to have an opinion ... unfortunately if you happen to be famous then you get the low-lives like O'Reily trying to sensationalize everything ... in a half-arsed attempt to make a story fly

What a cretin.

Woody

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This thread has nothing to do with military projects. Please move, lock, or both.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Misleading title. Hanks never said a word.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Er... Hello? CanadianDream420? Ya got spanked pretty early on in your thread. I know it must smart pretty awful, but you should come back and explain yourself. Don'cha think? Eh?

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Smack]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join