It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Decline of the West

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

The Decline of the West

en.wikipedia.org

I really don't know where or how to post this. I usually just post news materials.

Earlier I responded to this thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

and then thought that the idea of the decline and fall of the west needs more exploring.

Below is my original post but besides the nature of evil in society the real question is why do societies fail?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
What has happened to our society? Is EVIL growing?

[edit on 3/10/2010 by iMacFanatic]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Stupidity is growing and common sense is dying.

Idiots and ideologues rule the air waves...

people are entranced with phony reality TV and addicted to the chimera of fame...

Individuality is confused...I wanna be an individual so I will get the latest____fill in the blank...

We have become weak and soft while still thinking we are strong enough to wage war...

We are bought and sold either openly or on black markets (our personal info anyway)...

We are too cheap to pay for things made here so people will have jobs and too greedy to care...

We are spiritually numb preferring either the rigid conformity of funnymentalism or the loose conformity of new age mumbo jumbo...not having the strength of mind to even seriously attempt the original teachings new age charlatans have plagiarized...

We are fat soft couch potatoes dying of associated diseases who idealize the machismo of the military...sports "heroes" and the like.

Language is degrading into a mishmash of chat and texting shorthand to the point that many people couldn't write a coherent sentence if you held a shotgun to their heads...

We are shocked when our leaders lie and steal forgetting they are us...

Our ancestors would be so ashamed of us...after they stopped peeing themselves laughing.

We are too pathetic to be evil...

but we are easy marks for it.

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When I was a young man I was exposed to Oswald Spengler's "Decline of the West" and it has effected my thinking ever since.

One of the things that stuck out then and does even more since 9/11 is the idea that the oppressed societies would learn the tools and techniques of the west and turn them against us...and we have seen that more and more as this new century has progressed.

As for why societies fail...I believe more than anything they fail because they cease to inspire.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I agree 100%. We went from a nation who struggled to make our way to a bunch of cubicle-dwellers who accept whatever fate their corporate masters decide for them. Don't worry, it won't be long until the world is renewed.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I would have to include myself in some but not all of the things I listed. But fortunately I have a very rich internal life that sustains me but when I was in college a few years back I was shocked at how many kids had no curiousity about anything outside of themselves.

top topics

join