It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why have the Amish not been Arrested?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Many people claim that the Freeman on Land Movement is nothing more than a load of tripe. My question is:

If the movement is "hogwash" then how do the Amish operate? They do not register births with the State, they do not have Social Security Numbers, they do not pay Federal Income Taxes, they do not send their children to State-ran Public Schools.

The Amish are the greatest example pointing to the fact that something is not right in the Republic.

Why have the Amish not been Arrested for Federal Tax Evasion??

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
probably because they grow lots of crop for the government

*SNIP*
but why the government just let's them do their own thing with 'that much freedom' is beyond me, i really really envy their lifestyle

growing their own food, teaching their own children, totally independant

what could be better? great post, starrrrrr!

Mod Edit: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites. – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Mar 9 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

I did not know they had anything to do with *SNIP*, I'll have to look into that.

My question comes from the understanding that US Laws have been set up in such a manner to dupe us. If anyone in America practiced Common Law it would be the Amish....and I do not believe that I have even seen them being attacked by the MSM.

If the Amish don't need Social Security Numbers, then why do we?

[edit on 3/9/2010 by dalan.]

Mod Edit: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites. – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dalan.

that is a very good question! This country p*sses me off more and more every day of my life. I cant even find a job been looking for year and i get harrassed by the cops everyday just because i go to a methadone clinic but here the amish get to do what ever they wan without the government caring... THANKS USA!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
*SNIP* You serious? I have never heard of this. I would think there strict religion would not allow them to do that?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
You know, I never even thought of that, but you are absolutely right. They have chosen to opt out of this corrupt system entirely, and they are leaving them alone. All it would take is all of us to do the same. April 15 is coming up, all it would take is at least half the people to refuse to pay taxes and this entire corrupt Mafia-style "government" would come to a grinding halt. Then, off with their heads!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
*SNIP*You serious? I have never heard of this. I would think there strict religion would not allow them to do that?

I was surprised by that as well, I am looking for information, if you find anything post it here.

mod edit, remove quote content

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
You know, I never even thought of that, but you are absolutely right. They have chosen to opt out of this corrupt system entirely, and they are leaving them alone. All it would take is all of us to do the same. April 15 is coming up, all it would take is at least half the people to refuse to pay taxes and this entire corrupt Mafia-style "government" would come to a grinding halt. Then, off with their heads!

Yeah, I do not know why, but the question just hit me all-of-a-sudden. My theory is that it has everything to do with our Lawful rights that we have unknowingly consented away by contracting ourselves with the Federal Government under the Fourteenth Amendment.

I would bet my life on the fact that the Amish probably are not "U.S. Citizens" or "Citizens of the United States."

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
*SNIP* You serious? I have never heard of this. I would think there strict religion would not allow them to do that?

I don't know, but I am sure it is not against ANY religion, in fact. I guess you don't know that hemp is pretty much the wonder plant. It is the oldest cultivated thing in human history. The oldest human artifact ever found was a piece of hemp paper with Chinese writing on it. Hemp was used to make sails and rope, therefore, it was like the oil for your navy in the old days. Whoever could grow the most hemp could have the biggest navy. The Roman Empire had millions of acres under cultivation. In the US, up until the 1920s, all farmers were REQUIRED to grow a certain percentage of their fields in hemp, because it is so important. It can be used to make the best quality paper, clothes, and other things as well as rope and canvas. And it grow back twice a year. Cutting down 100 year old trees to make your Sunday newspaper which you then throw out is just insanity, when you could print it cheaper and better with stuff that grows like a weed pretty much anywhere.
The body of the first Model A was built out of hemp composite. ANd, you know, they hadn't even invented gasoline back then, what do you think it ran on? That's right, hemp oil, the most common flammable oil used throughout human history except for a small blip of insanity in the whaling era, and then a longer blip of insanity in the petroleum era. Aladdin's lamp, for example. Do you think it had kerosene in it?
So of course the Amish people would grow it, they've been growing it for hundreds of years. Try to find where it says anything in the bible about not smoking weed....I'm sure everybody like Washington and Jefferson checked it out a long time ago.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by CaptChaos]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Amish are avowedly non-violent. Regarding the cultivation of medical cannabis, their religion most likely precludes them from using it, though not from growing it, although I'm not certain of that. The Amish are, however, very sophisticated in commerce, as well as in sustainable farming techniques.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well considering how the Christian religion has been changed so much in the past 2000 years, I doubt any pope or leading church official would condone the use of cannabis. They should, but most likely won’t. Unless the minister is a stoner.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Amish are avowedly non-violent. Regarding the cultivation of medical cannabis, their religion most likely precludes them from using it, though not from growing it, although I'm not certain of that. The Amish are, however, very sophisticated in commerce, as well as in sustainable farming techniques.

My question is why don't they have truancy Officers hauling them off to jail because their kids are not in Public Schools?

Why don't they have to register Births with the State?

If they do not need Social Security Numbers why do we?

Why have they not been arrested for Tax Evasion?

The MSM has painted many non-violent groups as "enemy combatants" but the Amish are never attacked.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
not to point out the elephant in the room, but its possible that almost all of this could be chalked up to freedom of religion and the rest grandfathered in. just my two cents, which in retrospect i will save for some amish ak

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

Probably because they do pay tax....

ask.yahoo.com...
www.associatedcontent.com...
www.holycrosslivonia.org...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by articulus
Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the Amish are avowedly non-violent.

I imagine there are plenty of non-religous but avowedly non-violent people in America.
Are they also able to not pay taxes etc?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iNTERPLANETARyR.O.M.E.O.
not to point out the elephant in the room, but its possible that almost all of this could be chalked up to freedom of religion and the rest grandfathered in. just my two cents, which in retrospect i will save for some amish ak

So if you have no religious preference you have to have a Social Security Number?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The Amish don't get arrested because they have rights that us (U.S. Citizens) don't.
FOTL is real to the extent that you can become an American National.

As for pushing your debts off via A4V some say it works most probably didn't do it right.

It just takes a process once you've become a working cog to release yourself from being said cog.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Actually, the Amish do pay taxes, just not social security.

amishnews.com

Darn, I was just about to become Amish until I found this.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaz490
FOTL is real to the extent that you can become an American National.

It just takes a process once you've become a working cog to release yourself from being said cog.

global sovereign's handbook would be the book of choice for said process of cog removal. Beware steep learning curve hits most people instantly. (it took me forever to understand indepth)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by dalan.

Probably because they do pay tax....

ask.yahoo.com...
www.associatedcontent.com...
www.holycrosslivonia.org...

How can you pay an income tax, or even be associated with the IRS without a Social Security Number?

What about registering Births with the State dereks? Isn't there some Law that dictates that you have to fill out the papers to receive a Birth Certificate?

Are the Amish U.S. Citizens as described in the Fourteenth Amendment?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join