It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Nightline -- Failed Hit-Piece on 9/11 Truth Movement (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think the hit-piece backfired, as it made the movement look more credible.

They actually did a pretty good job, I think.

As bad as that Dylan Avery interview was with the uncut footage, it turned out pretty well on the ABC version.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

I think the Loose Change guys will be pleased with this end result.

This story , as you said, actually shows the TM for what it really is.

A bunch of people seeking the truth.

When did seeking the truth in the US become a bad thing?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

When did seeking the truth in the US become a bad thing?

Since the media became sycophants to Wall Street, Big Pharma and Big Brother.

Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This video is extremely painful to watch. For me, anyway. Selective editing of answers given to questions, use of meaningless labels and categories, and coaching the viewer to have a conclusion before hearing the people at the convention.

:|
David Grouchy

[edit on 9-3-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That was one sorry excuse for a hit piece that I have ever seen.Since that did not work out as they had hoped they will now try smear anyone credible in the movement.That corespondent was freaking out on Colleen Rowley.I guess he does not like to interview whistle blowers who make the almighty US government look stupid.

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Did anyone catch the narrator saying that "Loose Change" was full of highly discredited claims such as the jet fuel was not hot enough to melt the steel?

Wait a minute here. I thought the official line was that no steel was melted because of that very fact. Why does this news report claim the steel was melted by jet fuel? Did I hear that wrong?

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I know its hard to think on your feet sometimes, but when the reporter says they even think the media is in on it, I would reply:

Which corporation owns your news company? Is it these same corporations that pay vast amounts of money when they lobby politicians and support candidates?

They seriously think peole are stupid. I recommend "Orwell Rolls in His Grave" to anyone who has not saw it.

freedocumentaries.net...

"This chilling documentary film examines the relationship between the media, corporate America, and government. In a country where the 'top 1% control 90% of the wealth', the film argues that the media system is nothing but a 'subsidiary of corporate America.'"

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
They actually did a pretty good job, I think.

I just watched it for the first time, and I tend to agree. "Accidental hit-piece" or "closet trutherism" is my next question...

This was interesting at 6:05 from Commissioner Lee Herbert Hamilton:
"...let's examine it in the court of public opinion."

edit: see this regarding public opinion:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-3-2010 by rhunter]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yeah I was thinking the same exact thing..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well I am impressed,
if this does not wake up Americans, then nothing will.
I had expected ABC to run a smear campaign, wonder what changed their minds?

ABC did a good job; I still say the reporter was smug though.
I have seen that look before, it’s not just smugness, but there is a ridicule in his face expressions.
Personally, I don’t care for the reporters attitude.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Yeah I was thinking the same exact thing..

Cool. I was almost hoping someone would correct me since I did not take the time to get the exact quote but I listened to it like 5 times and I am amazed more people did not pick this up. Mainly I am curious what the debunkers have to say about this. The ones that claim no steel was melted and that the heat came from the ensuing office fires, not the jet fuel.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I remember back in the day when..... Phillip Jayhan of letsroll911 (captain Missile pod) and Dylan avery were working very hard together putting together the 911 disinformation campaign which included missile pods and other far fetched theories for the Popular Mechanics Hit piece on 911. Yes, you heard that right.

I remember when they were making loose change, 911 'truthers' before they were called that, were banned from their forums as they debunked loose change, the supid theories and their agenda. It is amazing and not surprising that their video is number 1. Number 1 at misleading so many people and creating so many loose ends.

The Pod people financed loose change.

Operation Lead the Opposition a success.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
KJ's post made me go back and look at it again. Here is the relevant quote (as nearly as I could transcribe it quickly):

2:54 "... claiming that jet fuel was not hot enough to melt the steel structures..."

I pretty much tuned that part out (repetitive M$M propaganda factor perhaps
)

This was the part that "stuck in my craw:"

2:05 "... its gospel-the film "Loose Change..."

Is that film really a "gospel"???
Hell, I haven't even seen the version that was "titled" in that ABC clip. Of course, I have never labeled myself "truther" but many others sure seem to think so. I don't even own any black "inside job" T-shirt(s) or bumper stickers.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Truthers aren't looking for the truth, the label truther was probably meant to be sarcastic, apparently this went over your head...? Truthers aren't "asking questions" either, they are rejecting evidence. Quit pretending you guys are some kind of ultimate seekers of some secret truth, and that you're being being held back from "asking questions", people answered your questions, you refuse to see the truth of the matter and would rather continue in your NWO-ruled world of complete evilness behind everything and all that other funny thoughts you guys spew out as truth

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhunter
KJ's post made me go back and look at it again. Here is the relevant quote (as nearly as I could transcribe it quickly):

2:54 "... claiming that jet fuel was not hot enough to melt the steel structures..."

I pretty much tuned that part out (repetitive M$M propaganda factor perhaps
)

This was the part that "stuck in my craw:"

2:05 "... its gospel-the film "Loose Change..."

Is that film really a "gospel"???
Hell, I haven't even seen the version that was "titled" in that ABC clip. Of course, I have never labeled myself "truther" but many others sure seem to think so. I don't even own any black "inside job" T-shirt(s) or bumper stickers.

Thanks for getting the exact quote. The part that bothers me is the beginning with calling it one of many discredited claims. That confuses me quite a bit. I agree with you as I never called myself a truther either and while I did watch the movie, it was way after I had already realized something was not right. As far as loose change goes, I do not really remember what they pointed out as opposed to others so I guess I need to spend more time with my gospel.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Well I am impressed,
if this does not wake up Americans, then nothing will.
I had expected ABC to run a smear campaign, wonder what changed their minds?

I think they really TRIED to run a hit-piece, but weren't able to smear it well enough. Either that.. Or the producer was a closet-truther. He did a good enough job to keep his job but still showed the Truth movement in a favorable light.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OK, I got the whole thing.

"Their film peddles some largely discredited arguments; claiming that jet fuel was not hot enough to melt the steel structures."

OK, so the jet fuel was hot enough and the steel was melted? I am certain that we were told that there was no melted steel and it was a fact that jet fuel does indeed not burn hot enough to melt steel. How is this claim discredited? I am mostly concerned with the fact that ABC seems to be contradicting the OS while claiming to discredit a "truther" movie.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I wonder if the Utube version will get a bigger audience than the ABC Nightline version.

When you watch both videos, Nightline comes off as having absolutely no credibility. This is why the world is turning them off, and ignoring the network news channels.

People who deny the facts presented in "Loose Change" are nothing but complete and total idiots.

Essentially, the people who slam "Loose Change" as being nothing but a bunch of lies are calling all the firemen who showed up on the scene and went into the burning buildings a bunch liars for reporting the large number of bombs that went off when the towers came down.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whyhi
reply to post by Sean48

Truthers aren't looking for the truth, the label truther was probably meant to be sarcastic, apparently this went over your head...?

Here's a clue

For the Clueless.

Ya, was meant to be sarcastic.

But if all you have is calling names , and sticking out your tongue, then you

definitely qualify to be a OS LACKY

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
this stuff is something else to behold.....we are living in interesting times.....propoganda front and center

i think a good part of our gov't understands what happened and they are scared to link mossad and 9/11 because it is career suicide.....but i think they are very disgusted in how things were carried out...yet taken aback regarding how powerful and all encompassing this power was able to carry things out

the poster that said the us media sold out to big finance...big pharma...and big brother was right on

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join