It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poltergeist? Here's a test for you all...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
WARNING...Some strong language!!!!

This is the third video presented to a ghost finding team.
The guy who shot the video has requested the team to do a full investigation. Everything seems genuine.

He has posted some videos on youtube before, but due to his lack of knowledge about time stamps and the like, most of the videos have been classed as possible hoaxes.

This time he remembers to turn his timer on.

When you watch this, please remember that a team of investigators are going to do a full invo at this location.

Anyway, for all you paranormal and video experts out there... check this out and see what you can make of it..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I question what kind of camera this man was using....it doesn't seem like a typical consumer type camera. And I've never seen the type of HUD display that this one shows. I don't know how he got the DVD's stacked up so quickly (maybe someone hiding behind something?), but I'm not convinced at all.

Just my $.02

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Not a problem

And like many others who have seen his videos, there are many questions just like yours. This is why he has called in a team to investigate.

I, like you and more, would love to know if this is genuine or a very very clever hoax..

Time will tell.. We might even be able to work out exactly what is happening through the members here on ATS..

But just ask yourself, what if it was genuine? What if this team discover that there is no foul play?

Many questions, and as of yet, no answers that reflect anything 'solid'.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The Date/Time format is unusual and it also looks like it was superimposed ont eh video after the fact. If he truly has a haunting he should get a few cameras so he can film the rooms when he is not in them.

Looks fake to me, especially his reactions.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Not a problem

And like many others who have seen his videos, there are many questions just like yours. This is why he has called in a team to investigate.

I, like you and more, would love to know if this is genuine or a very very clever hoax..

Time will tell.. We might even be able to work out exactly what is happening through the members here on ATS..

But just ask yourself, what if it was genuine? What if this team discover that there is no foul play?

Many questions, and as of yet, no answers that reflect anything 'solid'.

Well being that I have been doing this sort of thing for 20 years, I can tell you that it doesn't look genuine to me...but once again, that's just my own opinion. DJM said something about the time stamps being superimposed, and I can definitely see that on second inspection.

I'm very cautious about calling shenanigans about anything related to this topic (more or less because I have seen it all), but I think this time, I might have to, unless someone else can come up with some more facts about this video.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

This is not the first time he has had the 'apparent' events going on so he is not completely shocked by it anymore.

Having multiple cameras would be nice, but not everyone has the money to go out and buy tonnes of kit. Even if he did, would it give it any further strength?
Would it still be possible that it was all rigged?

Having a team investigate is a request this person has made. Yes, there are those who deliberately try to fake stuff and fool investigators.. to test their metal, so to speak. But if you are faking it and the team disocvers it, then your name and vids are mud.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well, without the timestamp I would be thinking it was the guy messing around ... but I don't see how these things could have happened in such a short span of time ... even if there was someone out of shot you would certainly have heard the games being stacked up if not the cupboard doors being opened. Interesting.

I look forward to your investigation.

Woody

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Sham. Time stamp is superimposed. He never caught anything actually happening. I would have zoomed out quite a bit. He never tinkered with his zoom. Cell phone cam perhaps? A person in the kitchen and the living room working behind the scenes explains everything. And no offense after quite a few investigations and experiencing much more hardcore paranormal activity than this I would have been a bit more surprised than this fella.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No disrespect to anyone... I do consider your opinions, as I have questions about this video myself..

But,

It is easy to shrug it off as a sham or fake or a hoax.. some of you are coming up with possible solutions as to how this vid has been created.

I would love to see some other vids of the same nature that are genuine hoaxes.

Proving the time stamp is superimposed is another thing too..

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Ive never seen a camera that had timestamps in the hundredths of a second.
Looks fake to me.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The original movie starts at 1:42, an was cut a la Memento.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
If watch it closely he uses his finger in the upper left hand corner, what appears to be before every little 'event' occurs. My guess is a signal for where editing needs to take place.

Also the second click when he is putting on his time-stamp happens just after the time-stamp appears.

I am not one to judge things solely based on a video to watch, so I am just going to say good luck when the actual investigation team gets there.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I see what you mean about the finger. I'll watch it a few times to see how often that appears, though getting your finger to appear in frame when you want to edit is tricky enough.

If you were pointing to someone to do something, you wouldn't let your finger show in frame.

There may be a couple of moments where it could have been edited, yet it is quite hard to actually see any joins going on. The overall video does appear fluid and constant.

And yes, I agree... it will be very interesting to see what the team find, if anything.

Would be nice to know if this is real or not.

Edit to add;

Apparently, after I asked him about his camera,

the camera is just a no name one i got from eBay. all it says on it is dv130ad, it came from hong kong and takes 3aaa bateries.

Have tried to find this camera online in various places but m yet to find anything.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Extralien]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think given the fact that he has to turn away or leave the room before this stuff happens says it all. If he expects the cupboards etc to open again. Then why not just leave the camera.

Ive seen his originals on youtube and they are definately fake. This is just the same in my humble oppinion.

Thanks for posting though

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I was just looking through my video stats on Youtube, and almost a 3rd came from site.... Just so you know I am Leeofbacup that is my video, and it is interesting that it has become so popular, especially so far over seas.... All i can say is thank you for giving me so many views and I will be happy to answer any questions.......

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just an addition...... All the comments on my youtube video, saying "cut at 1.41" are not true, some reason in video compression or uploading caused that jump......

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I have seen his videos on youtube before, and I think he is genuine, a he has let his camera on, and you can see stuff flowing about and cupboards opening and closing. I really feel for the dude.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I see what you mean about the finger. I'll watch it a few times to see how often that appears, though getting your finger to appear in frame when you want to edit is tricky enough.

If you were pointing to someone to do something, you wouldn't let your finger show in frame.

There may be a couple of moments where it could have been edited, yet it is quite hard to actually see any joins going on. The overall video does appear fluid and constant.

And yes, I agree... it will be very interesting to see what the team find, if anything.

Would be nice to know if this is real or not.

Edit to add;

Apparently, after I asked him about his camera,

the camera is just a no name one i got from eBay. all it says on it is dv130ad, it came from hong kong and takes 3aaa bateries.

Have tried to find this camera online in various places but m yet to find anything.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Extralien]

cgi.ebay.co.uk... orders?hash=item2a05d42c72#ht_4472wt_939

this is the camera

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have to admit, this just reeks of fish if you catch my meaning.... It smells fishy...

My first thought was that this time stamp seems a rather unusual one... assuming this is just a standard commercial camera.... But I am not that knowledgeable about that so take that for what it is worth....

The feeling I get is that this time stamp was super imposed onto the picture during editing...

Things are just way to coincidental. He looks into the living room just long enough to show us there are no DVD's and games stacked up then looks away and looks back just to show us they are stacked now...

Then towards the end he says "Well at least you haven't opened my cupboards" Then turns into the kitchen to show they were open.... Just... come on... it seems WAY to set up and I honestly would not be surprised to learn that this video is heavily edited...

Assuming this video is faked, I have seen MUCH better fakes...

If it is real, well this ghost sure likes to make things happen at very coincidental times....

Bottom line, I don't buy it.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b2190602732.jpg[/atsimg]

I'll return when I get a response, I'll keep trying from other sellers until I get a response.

Not to attack mind you, but to solidify the time stamp issue one way or the other.

(Side note...I whited out my pertinent Ebay info)

Edit to add: Different screen shot with a more detailed question to the sellers of this camera.

[edit on 4/8/2010 by UberL33t]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join