It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake in Turkey kills at least 57

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Earthquake in Turkey kills at least 57

content.usatoday.com< br />

A strong, pre-dawn earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6 struck eastern Turkey today, killing 57 people as it knocked down stone or mud-brick houses and minarets in at least six villages, the government said. Turkey's crisis center said about 100 other people were injured in the quake, which hit at 4:32 a.m. in Elazig province, about 340 miles east of Ankara, the capital. The earthquake, which caught many people as they slept, was centered near the village of Basyurt and followed by more than 50 aftershocks, the strongest measuring 5.5 and 5.3, the Kandilli seismology center said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Hi there, I haven´t seen anything about this most recent earthquake here on ATS. Please excuse me if it has been posted allready.

Slowly the numbers of earthquakes we had this year seems to raise some eyebrows. It seems that we have a major quake every month now.

Well, let´s see if this trend continues in the next month before we jump to conclusions, but it sure seems strange.

content.usatoday.com< br /> (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
Slowly the numbers of earthquakes we had this year seems to raise some eyebrows. It seems that we have a major quake every month now.
Well, let´s see if this trend continues in the next month before we jump to conclusions, but it sure seems strange.

I've been thinking the same, could it have something to do with HAARP?

[edit on 9/3/2010 by Pakd-on-mystery]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Another Earthquake? What's going on?!

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

I think it has more to do with the timeline theory, and us experiencing the same ammount of novelties, in a smaller time frame. (see 2012 forum threads on timeline stuff to see waht i'm getting at)

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I am a bit on the fence about the whole 2012 issue which connects, I believe, to the timeline and speeding up of time.

But there could be something to it. We know that humanity as a whole develops at a ever increasing rate, meaning more inventions in a smaller time period.

Compare 1850 to 1900 and 1950 to 2000. A lot more is happening.

I dont know what this is about, but time will tell

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

I think it has more to do with the timeline theory, and us experiencing the same ammount of novelties, in a smaller time frame. (see 2012 forum threads on timeline stuff to see waht i'm getting at)

Rather than the Timeline Theory, I am trying to get to the possible outcome of using such a strong Antenna on the tectonic plates. Correct me if I got some missunderstanding going on, but i read on wiki about a year back that HAARP sends a few thousand watts every time they use it. In the same article there were opinions of Geophysicians basically predicting earthquakes and floods (not in direct speech though).
I will check if I can find that article.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Another earthquake - could this be to do with Biblical predictions?

Before I continue, I want to say that I mistrust the Bible, because it was written by a lot of people who all said it was the word of God - but we all know people are liars.

But..all of these earthquakes, droughts, floods, famines - the end of planet earth?

I sincerely hope not.

And it may well be that these things happened a lot when we did not have news, so we did not know about the rest of the world.

I think it would be better if we still didn't know, because it fills people with negative emotions and I think we need positive emotions in order to carry on.

top topics

join