It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Machine:Where would you go and what would you alter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

You could also score by being extremely careful and planning out every detail of your actions and their repercussions... But then you're just doing it for fun more than anything.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I like the idea of the thread, op, but one thing is nagging me about this. If it were possible to go back or forward in time, then the grandfather paradox comes to mind.

That said, you'd be going to a parallel universe/timeline in which history, or the events thereof, may not be what actually happened in your prime timeline's history. Michael Crichton's book, Timeline, comes to mind.

Also, it's great to read what you guys would do. I liked the idea of calling in a bomb threat on 9/11 and seeing what really happened with the Sumerians.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'd go to the day after the stock market crashed in 1929, buy a few hundred bucks of stock in GM, Ford, RCA, etc, then go to 1938, buy 20 copies of Superman #1, have the shopkeeper sign certificates of authenticity, go to 2000, cash out all my stocks (mentioned above) then come home and call it a day

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I don't remember if I have replied to this yet...too lazy to go through and read again.

However, my stance is still the same.

Go back to when the first humanoid came out of the water and..

KICK HIM IN THE TEETH!

We'd be SOO much better off in the ocean than being tied down to land masses. Silly humans..

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
smart ideas LuxFestinus my first stop would be in the future too, grab some rejuvenation tech plenty of nanomachines and a fusion reactor. then hop back in time to the earliest habitable period and spend a couple of 1000 years doing science. by the time youve caught up with your original time-line (no paradox risks) you can revel yourself as all powerful and unveil the theory of everything.

of course stop of at witness a couple of key events like the pyramids etc and so long as what you do is not big enough to influence your own time traveling decisions you can mess with time a bit (no stopping the natzis but you can still mess with the events history forgot - Atlantis???)

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

LOL.
I can't help but agree with your sentiment.
Go back and give mankind a slap upside the head.
Then again i would be sorely tempted to go back 5000yrs and pretend to be GOD.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I am Goku, I Zen Myself.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting post. I would say I would want to go back and watch first hand at some of the more obscure points of history and see what was right and wrong, maybe talk with a few people to find out their point of view. Maybe, if I could, follow a few of the founding fathers around from brith to death, recording their life down and writing a book that shows what they were really wanting and thinking about, as well as, do a one world family tree, to trace all births from the scientific Adam and Eve, to about the 1900's that way we would all know who we were related to.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hm... I would go back to the time when they were builiding the Pyramids. Then I would go visit Atlantis. Then talk with JFK and prevent them from killing him and then chat with Eisenhower and also be at the Roswell crash site and take alot of HD footage. And I'd also like to see dinosaurs. Also I would go back to the early 90's and relive the decade.

[edit on 30/6/10 by Cybernet]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I would like to go back to my teen yrs, say about 18, and tell myself everything i know now.

I wonder if i would actually pay attention or just make the same decisions anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
When I read the OP, two things came to mind.

I would be inside the tomb, at the moment of resurrection. Only as an observer.

Then-

I would watch one of the pyramids under construction. I feel sure I would be thinking I already knew they did it themselves, and have consequently wasted one of my trips.

ETA: Then of course I would race back to ATS to make a thread about it, and disclose my newly found pearls to all you guys.

I would get one star, no flag, and one reply that said.... you got it....

"Pictures or it didn't happen".

[edit on 7/7/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Do you believe in re-incarnation?

And if you do, do you think you were in Egypt(Khemit) at those times?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Actually I think Id just go back to like 5 minutes ago and fight myself hand to hand just to see who would win. Also I would have an affair with my own woman...just to mess with her. I would keep traveling back until I had beaten myself into submission, I would keep doing this over and over until I was the perfect human.

Maybe I could just torture myself until the past me went insane...no , maybe not.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by psyko45]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You don't believe time travel is real? It is. Look at the night sky. Your seeing light of stars, explosions of supernovas that have reached us after billion of years. You, are in fact, viewing history. I'm sorry to disagree with another point. Islam has brought special things into this world...don't regard it as a "maniac" religion. We should indeed, respect all religions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kenny71

Excellent idea.

So, after I go back to the dinosaur days with my camera and do some serious dino photography, spend a summer or two in Atlantis or Lemuria, and pop by some pyramid building, I'll head to the first days of steam in some busy city somewhere. Introduce them to some new ideas, become the first genuine steampunk, and settle there(then?) and wear fancy velvets and lace and go to theatres and be a posh 'laydee'.

Keeping the time machine tho, in case I get bored.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
i would violate karma; and all my actions would upset dharma. this is the only outcome of "time travel".

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

There is a book, i can't remember the name ( but i think you can find it ) : a XX century man try to see jesus, he take its time machine and search jesus ( he speak the langage etc etc )... ...

he talk to a lot of people,

and someday he find jesus, but he is just a trisomic little boy ...

He creates "jesus" by searching it, and speaking with people with its XX centuries ideas.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join