It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active 'Patriot' Groups in the United States in 2009

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Well this is an interesting development. this was made in 2009. it seems that they are tracking groups who are anti-government and militia groups within the USA. I was shocked to see that my group made the 512 list! (We are change New Jersey)

Here is a short snippet from that list:

The Intelligence Project identified 512 "Patriot" groups that were active in 2009. Of these groups, 127 were militias, marked with an asterisk, and the remainder includes "common-law" courts, publishers, ministries and citizens' groups. Generally, Patriot groups define themselves as opposed to the "New World Order," engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme anti government doctrines. Listing here does not imply that the groups themselves advocate or engage in violence or other criminal activities, or are racist. The list was compiled from field reports, Patriot publications, the Internet, law enforcement sources and news reports. Groups are identified by the city, county or region where they are located.

ALABAMA (7)
2nd Alabama Militia *
Mobile
Alabama Shoals Badgers *
Tuscumbia
Constitution Party
Montgomery
John Birch Society
Statewide
Oath Keepers
Statewide
THREE%ER
Pinson
We the People
Madison County

ALASKA (5)
Alaska Citizens Militia *
Nikiski
Constitution Party (Alaskan Independence Party)
Soldotna
John Birch Society - Alaskans for Restoring our Constitutional System
Statewide
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We the People
Homer

ARIZONA (10)
American Grand Jury
Nogales
American Patriot Friends Network
Peoria
Arizona Citizens Militia *
Douglas
Arizona Militia *
Glendale
Cochise County Militia *
Tombstone
Constitution Party
Goodyear
John Birch Society
Statewide
Northern Arizona Militia *
Flagstaff
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We Are Change
Statewide

ARKANSAS (6)
Constitution Party
Fayetteville
John Birch Society
Statewide
Militia of Washington County *
Fayetteville
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We Are Change
Bentonville
Searcy

CALIFORNIA (22)
American Armenian Militia *
Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley Area
American Independent Party
Vacaville
Constitution Party
Riverside
Freedom Force International
Thousand Oaks
Freedom Law School
Phelan
Free Enterprise Society
Fresno
John Birch Society
Chula Vista
Roseville
San Luis Obispo County
Northern California State Militia *
Falcon Creek
Sunnyvale
Oath Keepers
High Desert
Northern California
San Diego
Southern California
Second Amendment Committee
Hanford
State of California Unorganized Militia *
Monrovia
Truth Radio
Delano
We Are Change
Chico
Oakland
Sacramento
San Francisco Bay Area

COLORADO (10)
America First Party
Boulder
American Freedom Network
Johnstown
Constitution Party
Arvada
John Birch Society
Aurora
Minutemen Militia *
Fort Collins
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We Are Change
Colorado Springs
Huerfano
Statewide
We the People
Gunnison

CONNECTICUT (6)
Connecticut Survivalist Alliance
Middlefield
Constitution Party - Concerned Citizens Party
Plantsville
John Birch Society
Statewide
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We Are Change
Meriden
We the People
Statewide

DELAWARE (3)
Constitution Party
Bear
Oath Keepers
Statewide
We the People
Statewide

Source

I was shocked to see that my group made the list. we are an independent newsgroup with alternative views from the mainstream. Its kind of flattering that they are placing us on this list, but I see it as that we may be making an impact. FEELS GREAT BEING A PATRIOT!

I knew that there was a chance that we may be monitored, but this list kind of confirms it for me. what are they scared of? for people knowing the truth? that our alternative view is threatening to their status quo?

I wonder if ATS is next to be on this list!

please leave your thoughts!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
We all know they have more intensive lists.

S&F for making the list.

I like lists.

Like the list on the Constitution.

You know the ones, like-

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Amendment III
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Amendment IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Amendment V
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Amendment VI
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
Amendment VII
In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
Amendment VIII
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Amendment IX
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Amendment X
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I like lists too!

that one is my favorite one!

Don't you love it when the Elites try to make us look like fringe lunatics with no bearings on reality?

i love it!

This has got me pumped up!

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Exactly where in the constitution does it say the government cannot make lists?

Can someone point that out to me?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

hey, i didn't complain that they cant make a list.

I am just shocked my group is on it because we present alternative viewpoints.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Is your group different than others that are on that list? Are their viewpoints also just alternative viewpoints?

Is your group not good enough to be placed on a list?

Aren't you happy your group isn't on this list?

[edit on 3/8/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Exactly where in the constitution does it say the government cannot make lists?

Can someone point that out to me?

Exactly where in the thread does it say the government cannot make lists?

Can you point that out to me?

I looked at the list and what stuck out to me was that they're watching Oath Keepers and the John Birch Society all over the nation.

"Somebody's wwaaatttcchhhiiinggg yooouuuuuuuuu"

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Is your group different than others that are on that list? Are their viewpoints also just alternative viewpoints?

The we are change groups are pretty much consistent with one another.

i dont know about the others though.

In that short paragraph in the OP is kind of similar to what ATS is.

The Intelligence Project identified 512 "Patriot" groups that were active in 2009. Of these groups, 127 were militias, marked with an asterisk, and the remainder includes "common-law" courts, publishers, ministries and citizens' groups. Generally, Patriot groups define themselves as opposed to the "New World Order," engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing, or advocate or adhere to extreme antigovernment doctrines.

reminds me a few sections on this site.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

hes talking about the second amendment and how it relates to list.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Is the list somehow infringing on these groups constitutionally protected right to bear arms?

I am just trying to figure out what's the hubbub.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

engage in groundless conspiracy theorizing,

Anyone else notice the strong movement to demonize conspiracy theorists lately? Makes me think there is a new McCarthyism coming that will have people on CT witch hunts.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

none at all.

The only problem i have with the list itself is that they are being monitored for whatever reason.

for instance, WACNJ made the list. Were not a militia group, or advocating violence in any way shape or form, but were there along with militia groups.

That does not make sense to me.

Either A.) they are using it to try and discredit, or label them in a negative light

Or B.) anyone who doesn't have the same views as the mainstream and are having some sort of public impact are placed on that list to discredit them.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

yea, CT's have been attacked as of late. I have seen CT's becoming popular as of late too.

I think this is to quell it in some way IMO.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

We have every right to form a well regulated militia if necessary.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWonder

Of course!

I dont think that's under attack in that list through. they are just categorizing groups all under one roof.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

for instance, WACNJ made the list. Were not a militia group, or advocating violence in any way shape or form, but were there along with militia groups.

I don't understand what the big deal is with militia groups, the constitution clearly warrants them.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   

the question is why are they combining these groups together, and what for?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Maybe they don't understand your group. I mean do you have a website? Perhaps it's a mistake and you should be on the other list above instead? I mean this is the government we are talking about here.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

We do have a website. I don't want to insert it on ATS for reasons of (being accused of recruitment) T&C. but a quick Google search would yield that information.

all WAC chapters are on that list.

I posted this on here to figure out WHY!

I have a feeling that its because of the political views are different than the mainstream.

with all the attacks on CT's and alternative views being seen as fringe, or w/e would be one reason why were on that list.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I see, you have the pentagon shooter to thank for that one.

I know, I know, not your fault, he was a nutjob. Well, that's the way you get on the list in the first place. Did your WAC leadership denounce the guys actions publicly?

Isn't it great? Just because of one a hole's actions, your group gets put on a militia watch list. YAY! Least you weren't put on the other list as if you guys actually sent this guy to the pentagon.

You didn't send this guy to the pentagon did you?

<<   2  3 >>

join