It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens dead from earthquake in Turkey By Ivan Watson and Yesim Comert, CNN March 8, 2010 -- Updated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

yikes

posted this at quake watch 2010 too

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
bump

are ya'll asleep? I see nothing on TV about it, too busy typing

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Hi Berkeleygal,

I suppose everyone is asleep at this hour except us late night gamblers that are just getting home. Took first place again tonight.

It's too bad that innocent people continue to die needlessly in earthquakes. If they would be using this type of knowledge then they would still be alive:

www.youtube.com...

That information shows how to detect all magnitudes of earthquakes days and weeks before earthquakes strike.

Love your Avatar.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
yeah, I was just realizing what time it is.

I just this last hour redid my avatar.. thanks!

our quake follower buddies will be in for a shock when they wake up

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
We aren't asleep, there is just a topic directly below this one that was up within minutes of the quake that alysha.angel started

Magnitude 5.9 - Eastern Turkey

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yes they will be in for a shock.

I'm not a quake follower myself. I'm usually there before quakes occur, mapping them, finding their exact epicenters, their exact depths and looking at the entire fault that is under pressure by the mirror refracted radiation that is visible directly above such occurences for days and weeks at a time (24 hours a day during that period of time). That is why I made the 22 YouTube videos.

www.youtube.com...

I love those futuristic Avatars of Paradise and yours is one of the best that I've seen.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I swear I checked to see if anything had been posted yet

I posted first at quakewatch

dont mean to sound crabby or anything it is late

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I saw this on my eQuake but I didn't thought much about it 5.9 isn't THAT big to cause deaths

[edit on 3/8/2010 by muse7]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Old buildings made out of rock and sod are killers at lower earthquake magnitudes.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Mother Earth seems to be going through a very destructive phase at the moment. May our hearts go out to all those families and people who have lost their friends and loved ones...

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
In the last hour another replica...4.8 on the richter scale.4.8 EASTERN TURKEY

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
While it may seem as if there are more earthquakes occurring, there really aren't. The problem is what's happening above ground, not underground, experts say.

More people are moving into megacities that happen to be built on fault lines, and they're rapidly putting up substandard buildings that can't withstand earthquakes, scientists say.
by The Associated Press

Just googled earthquake in turkey 2010 and saw this. I still say, it seems old mother earth is talking pretty loud lately.

new topics

top topics

join