It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea Says It Is Ready to 'Blow Up' U.S.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I have a friend that is participating in the drills in South Korea.

All that they are doing is doing drills that prepare the invdividuals for war. So yes they are preparing for War, but the Armed Forces do this Drill a couple times a year for the last 40 or so... even when there are no wars being faught. If you want to be ready for something you have to practice. I guess a Dictator State WOULDN'T see it that way

North Korea is just knit picking for a fight in my opinion.

Edit to add:

Wiki Link on THE SUPREME LEADER

Kim Jong Ill Destroyed his old school when he assumed power to offset educational attainment for youths... he didnt want them to compete w/ his own children and family.

Dumb responses tend to come from dumb leaders

[edit on 9-3-2010 by rjmelter]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
North Korea is very well aware that we're bigger, smarter, and have all the weapons they may contain plus more. For where they lack, we gain. Their isolationalists in the highest manner and it will come back to bite them in their sorry arses.

WWIII?
Yeah right.
If that was going to start - it would've began with the war in Afganistan and Iraq So I don't wanna hear it.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Alright well you can start by posting the 1000 stories by the "MASS MEDIA" saying that N. Korea is just a joke. If you can then you'd have a valid arguement, otherwise your viewpoint is null because your saying the media wants us to take NK lightly. So this is very easy for you to prove your point, show me the plethra of Major Media Outlets calling NK a joke, I'd really like to see those thousands of articles.

You talk of infantile debate but what your forgetting is for an adult debate to take place you'd have to show "facts" for your "Theory".

[edit on 9-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
QUOTED POST:

"Maybe if we show how infantile he and his government is compared to how other countries conduct international affairs, he may take it to mind and change.

It just makes me wonder why we don't take the same approach with Iran then. Or Iraq or...Ahh never mind. The point is, this guy detonated two nuclear weapons and says they have even more powerful weapons and all we do is laugh about him. Our elected officials saw no need in allotting the CIA huge sums of money to destabilize the regime in North Korea as they have in Iran."

ME: ---
Two nukes isn't really going to be an issue to a country
like the USA who has multiple ballistic missile subs ready
to launch up to 3.2 gigatons of hellfire onto any belligerent nation.

Iran is a very much different sort or beast in that numero uno
is that they have OIL and LOTS OF IT almost as much as Iraq
which we need and a friendly and INTACT IRAN is a primary
concern.

The other big thing is that WE (the USA) KNOWS that while the
leader is popular amonst his Revolutionary Guard troops and
military commanders, he is NOT POPULAR with the mostly young
general population that grew up in a mostly modern environment
compared to the archaic and primitive living conditions of the
general population that was prevalent previous to the
1979 Iranian Revolution.

These "Kids" won't stand for a war if it means severe hardship
for themselves and their families.

This is one case where we have the advantage of allowing simple
demographics to bring the more moderate elements into power
IF we can keep the mullahs and Revolutionary Guard troops in
check allowing the march of time to do the work for us.

And while my next opinion is quite controversial, I believe it to be
correct simply because of the rather advanced education system
and technological advancement of Iran that makes it a GOOD
candidate to mostly leave alone.

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION:
----------------------------
It may not be such a bad idea to LET IRAN have it's nukes!

Because of the power and size of it's YOUTHFUL population
(almost 60% is under 30 years old), I suspect that a nuclear
armed Iran would enter into a Cold War-like Detente with
nearby nuclear powers such as Isreal and Russia/China/India
and we would LIKELY have a Middle East version of today's
Pax Americana where a powerful and strong Iran would be able
to keep the Hamas, PLA, Yemeni, Al Quaeida's of the region
in check to give us a Pax Irania where there would be relative
peace and stability for at least 50 to 100 years until Egypt,
Saudi Arabia, Iraq and other middle east countries can finally
be brought into the western fold caused by the rapid introduction
of inexpensive consumer goods and media which will, over time,
"Convert" the youth into more secular and less belligerent
populations due to advancing economic development.

This effect is seen today in China where you have a generally
homogenious society (Han Chinese) being converted to western
ideologies via simple economic advancement which THEN becomes
the staging point to eventual TRUE political reform. While this is
happening, it is HIGHLY LIKELY that China will stay peaceful
as it rises economically. I expect that such a scenario CAN take
place in the Middle East via having at least ONE stable AND Powerful
leader country (Iran) to keep the others in check.

The kids and simple economics will do the rest.

It would in my opinion be premature to enter into a war with Iran
when we could bide our time by using our media and technology
to INFLUENCE THE YOUNG who will eventually enter the halls
of power displacing the old guard of belligerent theologists.

---
North Korea is an entirely different matter BECAUSE of TWO THINGS:

a) Lack of outside Media contact with the general population.
Ergo they cannot be influenced by our media.

b) a Personality Cult enforced by a brutal AND loyal army.
Iran, while ruled by mullahs and an egotistic leader, is still
beholden to an informed, generally well educated, youthful, and
energetic populace. North Korea's population is STARVED,
generally apathetic and DISTRUSTFUL of foreigners.

The ONLY WAY I SEE the general population overthrowing
Kim Jong and his ilk is if they become even MORE STARVED
than they already are....ONLY THEN will revolution take place.

So I can only suggest a covert program that REMOVES
the leadership ALL IN ONE SHOT which could be done using
multiple specially trained infiltration teams to do FAST
and targetted assassinations of ALL NK leadership.
Covert sabaotage to deprive the soldiers of the North Korean
side of the DMZ border their battalion-level artillery and
missiles will be required and we'll also need to deal with
the NK's EXTENSIVE underground tunnelling, and bunker
system and their underground sub-bases and underground
repair/maintenance centres. It is ESSENTIAL that we map all
these assets FIRST, before we even THINK ABOUT using
covert or overt military activity to take them out.

---

QUOTED POST:

"To me, this is a huge mistake. We make light of a real threat and go after supposed threats for reasons I can only guess at. The madness of it all has me wondering and worried. "

ME: ----
I wouldn't be too worried about Iran OR Iraq...The kids of those
countries will eventually take care of themselves to bring about
change and relative peace. North Korea will need someone with
the Leadership Juevos to handle that sort of quagmire. I suggest
hiring the Isrealis and some South Chinese sympathetic to the
cause to do covert action against its leadership....OR we STARVE
the NK people some more via MASSIVE sanctions and let THEM take
Kim Jong and his ilk out of the picture via a VERY BLOODY and
DANGEROUS internal revolution which is NOT the scenario
I envision would bring about a decent outcome.

Any thoughts on my opinions?
----

[edit on 2010/3/9 by StargateSG7]

[edit on 2010/3/9 by StargateSG7]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
They really hate America don't they. It's as if he just spends his whole day thinking about takin' em down. North Korea is a strange place, they really have big brother over there, when you look at their way of living, you see that the controls placed on us are not a scratch on theirs. At least we have the ability to discuss this, A North Korean would be shot for not having a text book opinion on the matter. That said there is still a lot of corruption a foot. This all sounds like a very nice way to start another war. Wether North Korea are just shouting about a bit or whether they mean it, they can't really come out of it successful. I should think America welcomes the threat.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eyesdown

Yes NK is a cult. I would say they are/were the most fanatic communists that communism ever produced. Many dont know that the marines were pushed out of Seoul twice and had to take it a total of three times. The NK communist were also brainwashed mass murders akin to what the Nazis did in Russia and the Baltic areas.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

I'd really like to see those thousands of articles.

I never said there were thousands of articles, you did. I believe your exact words were:

You sure because I could look up about 1000 stories right now of the media trying to tell us to fear N. Korea. I think what you meant to say is... see thats exactly what they don't want us to think. Ya that sounds about right.

My reply to you was the following:

Yeah, you might be right. I want to approach the whole thing as an adult and not be infantile about it. Thanks.

To which you replied in the most bizarre way with the following.

Alright well you can start by posting the 1000 stories by the "MASS MEDIA" saying that N. Korea is just a joke. If you can then you'd have a valid arguement, otherwise your viewpoint is null because your saying the media wants us to take NK lightly. So this is very easy for you to prove your point, show me the plethra of Major Media Outlets calling NK a joke, I'd really like to see those thousands of articles. You talk of infantile debate but what your forgetting is for an adult debate to take place you'd have to show "facts" for your "Theory".

Why in the world would I try to post thousands of articles that I do not want to look up in the first place when you said that you could find thousands stating that North Korea is dangerous? I stated that yes, you might be right. Meaning that it is possible that the MSM is in fact saying that they are a real threat and that their purpose for this was to make us fear the North Korean debacle. So that goes on the back burner for a while and let's me think of how I am approaching the whole thing.

I than said that I wanted to approach the whole thing as an adult and not be infantile about it. Thanks. The infantile remark was me eluding to the fact that you consider my viewpoint of the whole situation as infantile. I than said thanks because I appreciated the reply regardless of whether I liked the way it was presented or not, it gives me something else to consider. You in fact helped me to see a new angle and learn from it.

Will I go pouring over articles to prove that what I at first considered a good point, to be true? Show proof and all that? No way. If you'd like to post thousands of articles about the MSM's take on the whole thing go ahead. I am going to take your criticism and the knowledge you shared and apply it to further my understanding of the whole mess. So thank you again my friend. For real, you made my friend list. You should be honored.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

www.ask.com...

That should suffice for now, when you get bored with that lemme know I got plenty more. There's really no better proof of what the media is trying to force down our throats daily.

By the way if the search turns up no results re-type it in.

O P.S. there's 200 entries on that site alone.

P.P.S. Sorry I lose my temper occasionally.

[edit on 9-3-2010 by NoJoker13]

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Don't sweat it because the truth is when I realized what you were saying I couldn't escape the logic of it. So I wanted to acknowledge that I appreciated it so I typed that quick one and a half liner. I could have explained myself more but didn't.

I do appreciate it when I come upon a new angle or epiphany like that. That's why I added you to the friends list because I'm sure I will like watching and participating in discussions in the future with you and I'm sure I can learn even more. It's some good stuff.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by Jakes51

I admit that he seems to be off his rocker. Why would he isolate his country and suppress the population like that? I'm not sure what actually went down during the Korean war, but whatever it was it must have been significant for him to brainwash and isolate everyone.

Juche [Self-Reliance or Self-Dependence]

The regime emphasizes Juche [Juché, Chuch’e], a national ideology of self-reliance. The regime justifies its dictatorship with arguments derived from concepts of collective consciousness and the superiority of the collective over the individual, appeals to nationalism, and citations of "the juche idea." The authorities emphasize that the core concept of juche is "the ability to act independently without regard to outside interference." Originally described as "a creative application of Marxism-Leninism" in the national context, juche is a malleable philosophy reinterpreted from time to time by the regime as its ideological needs change and used by the regime as a "spiritual" underpinning for its rule.

After failing in the Korean War (1950-53) to conquer the US-backed republic in the southern portion by force, North Korea under its founder President Kim Il Sung adopted a policy of ostensible diplomatic and economic "self-reliance" as a check against excessive Soviet or Communist Chinese influence and molded political, economic, and military policies around the core ideological objective of eventual unification of Korea under Pyongyang's control.

That's the answer to your query.

Looks like it has been a complete communist failure. Hell, even Cuba had the Soviet Union for a while as a sugar daddy.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The authorities emphasize that the core concept of juche is "the ability to act independently without regard to outside interference." Originally described as "a creative application of Marxism-Leninism" in the national context, juche is a malleable philosophy reinterpreted from time to time by the regime as its ideological needs change and used by the regime as a "spiritual" underpinning for its rule.

You know, I seen a special on North Korea once and I do remember them mentioning this particular philosophy. So this is the country's religion? We know they don't allow Bibles or anything of the sort there. There was a thread from a guy who actually went and visited the place. He had pictures of the USS Pueblo and some other significant places.

As a matter of fact I just went and found it. He does say that juche is their main belief but that the people there aren't as brainwashed as everyone thinks. It was a cool thread and the guy was very secretive. I am going to U2U the link because it is in RATS and I don't think I can post external content from it. It was a good thread and I am going to go back and read it for a little more information myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

hahaahha

you are a joke

some people here really deserve the worse in life, because you have the internet, you can research about it, even then, you say stuff like that, wishing death to other people

glad u sleep at night ...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well Im honored you feel that way jack and I'm also very sorry for being rude and well.... immature. I saw the one and a half liner you wrote and went off the deep end rather then considering any alternative. I agree that we can both learn a great deal from one another and I'm honored to be one of your friends, I also added you to mine. Again I'm very sorry but I'm an aries and getting hot under the colar is 2nd nature. Thanks for the add, be talking to you.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawacat
To say start WW3 is obscene - are you ready for a huge human holocaust?

And Korea is disgusting as well.

All warmongers need to get real with their own conscience, and the possibility that their own loved ones will die.

Stop this warmongering!

agreed... and here is Albert Einstein on the subject of WWIII. (Einstien was asked to if he would be premier of isreal and he refused)

"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."

and Bob Dylan, from Masters of War, 1963

"Come you masters of war
You that build all the guns
You that build the death planes
You that build the big bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain
"
LINK to Lyrics on ATS

[edit on 10-3-2010 by seataka]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Nothing new happening here. North Korea will not act first, they might not go along with global politics, but they are not insane. They know damn well that if they use a nuke that their entire country will be a crater in the ground within hours.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
that little north korean dictator is quite a pain, who is this guy trying to impress .The civillians there have to be nearly starving by now.I think its time to show this guy HAARP also works from above maybe cook his palace, while he is out of course.

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Slayer, you are a bit out of date. North Korea's ideology is Songun, Military First. Juche was the ideology of Kim Il-Sung, the 'father' of North Korea and of Kim Jong-Il.

I have a picture that I took from the North Korean side of the DMZ.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5db2453b

[edit on 12-3-2010 by deessell]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by deessell]

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grayelf2009

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea's army said Monday it is ready to "blow up" South Korea and the U.S., hours after the allies kicked off annual military drills that Pyongyang has slammed as a rehearsal for attack.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af66c27f0268.gif[/atsimg]

- Lee

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell

Slayer, you are a bit out of date. North Korea's ideology is Songun, Military First. Juche was the ideology of Kim Il-Sung, the 'father' of North Korea and of Kim Jong-Il.

Oh I hear ya. He asked though what started it. Juche was the just the beginning.

[edit on 12-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i cant wait for wwIII

i'm a liberal 'hippy' but i just want things to get over with.

it needs to happen for any peace to come our way in the future

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join