It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About a revolution...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to post this so I put it here.

I have been doing a lot of thinking and reading about a revolution. People like to talk about a revolution then someone acts a lot of these people walk away with their tails between their legs. Also if there was a revolution then what? What would happen? Also who would we be targeting? Government officials? the president? People that don't see eye to eye with you? I believe that something needs to happen and maybe it is a revolution but I think people need to do more deep thinking before hand because it wouldn't be fun to jump into a revolution then not knowing who to fight. Or start to fight and then have most of the people become scared and run away.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How hard is it for a politician to get elected on Law and Order when everyone has a good job already. Pretty hard, maybe even impossible. Unhappy people, on the other hand, require firm governance. Better yet, rebellion fully justifies the standing armies and lawlessness the police forces.

My feeling is that we are being encouraged to hate the system.

CONSIDER
Before becoming President, Ronald Reagan is governor of California. The panthers provide him a gift. They assemble on the lawn of the Governors mansion with empty shotguns, and conduct close order drill. A display of unity, and order. Or so they thought. The governor calls out the national guard. He is now _proofed_ as a Law and Order politician, gets the White house and takes on Russia with great confidence.

Bush senior becomes president. War is declared on drugs and the President of Panama is shipped to a prison in Florida.

Clinton becomes President. Waco is surrounded the next week.

Bush jr becomes President. He has a really hard time, until somebody hijacks something.

CONCLUSION
It may sound strange to show sympathy for the elected officials of America, but these guys have a really hard time proving they are strong on Law and Order, when the public is so peace loving. Turning the volume up on the unhappy voices helps a little. But they would really like it better if someone would actually act out. See they have to prove they stand for Law and Order, and that is getting harder and harder to do.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
What did that thing have to do with the other thing?

Look, revolution is for the socially conscious. And more importantly for the literally conscious. Americans sleepwalk all day, every day. Oh sure, they'll complain about some congressman caught in a sex scandal before Family Guy or Jack Bauer shows up on the screen, but that's all. And there are a few of us who do care, and actually do something. Unfortunately, most of those people are too socially retarded and/or uncharismatic to get anyone to come along with them.

Besides, we don't need a revolution anyway. All we need to do is exercise our constitutional obligations and hold accountable those we elect to lead for us. But that's probably asking too much.

There will be no revolution as we allow our freedoms and liberties to be stripped away little by little until we live in a police state. But hey, we'll still have our PS3 and beer and plasmas with 200 channels of crap to infotain us.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
Besides, we don't need a revolution anyway. All we need to do is exercise our constitutional obligations and hold accountable those we elect to lead for us.

I agree with this.
I don't think that America has exhausted all of the legal channels availiable. Not even close.

David Grouchy

top topics

join