It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dylan's "bargian" with Satan.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
reply to post by Blender

God and Satan are merely two sides to one face.

Satan is NOT the opposite of God. Satan is a created being, a fallen angel, and not some equal-but-opposite of God, or some "other face" of God. Such beliefs are simply a lie of the enemy, Satan, who is, in fact, a real being.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blender

Don't know about direst statements in interviews, but there are many song lyrics that indicate such a deal, and satanic influence. Not every band, or every singer, but a significant portion of them.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessFollows

Pacts, bargains, deals - really all the same thing; some arrangement with the devil for some earthly reward.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeJaguar67
Regarding Mr Bob Dillon...

I have posted in the "dead celebrities thread" a while ago about something that has been bothering me for a while about Mr Dillon. For as far as I can remember the man had been dead of a drugs overdose since my early teens (I am 43) so imagine my wide eyed, slack jawed surprise to find him several years ago doing a TV advertisement with his curly head lolling about in the back of a car as it drove through brightly lit streets at night.

My godson was named after him and yet his mother denies this now.

I clearly remember her talking about naming her new born son after a man she admired who had died way before his time – Bob Dillon!
I remember very clearly the reasons why but now her story has changed and once thing she is not is inconsistent.

I am suspicious of something I do not even understand and I have a nagging scratch at the back of my mind that something is not quite right in β€œla la land.”

[edit on 8-3-2010 by SmokeJaguar67]

You know, I was thinking the same thing - he's always been listed as one of those 60's-70's era singers that died of a drug overdose. I even remember a short story, where the people were listening to the music of dead artists on the radio, and he was included. What the heck is going on here?????

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery

No offense, but how do you know that he is speaking of God in this song?
He doesn't really say "God", and wasn't it the lamb of god that saves people?
Blood of the Lamb sounds too gruesome for the bible.

What I am trying to say, is that if he is know to speak metaphorically, why do you take his lyrics literal?

Actually, "blood of the Lamb" is quite Biblical, and literal, in that case. No idea about Dylan, but the lyrics would fit a Christian belief, at least.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join