It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poker Tournament Robbed on Live TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Poker Tournament Robbed on Live TV

backporch.fanhouse.com

Six men armed with machine guns reportedly waltzed into the ballroom of the Grand Hyatt, where card players were competing for large sums of cash. The gunmen apparently made off with one million Euros.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Crimes and violence, lets hail the ages of gold!

In the middle of poker tournament at Berlin - Live TV broadcast... here is also youtube from broadcast and from event:

www.youtube.com...

What can I say, "its a crazy world we are live in..." Not directly "above top secret" stuff, but a sign from tough times we live nowdays.

backporch.fanhouse.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah I saw that...

There's advantages to that...

- You know how much money there is to steal
- You know where it is
- You know at what time it's gonna be there
- You know how much security there is

The only thing is that you'll be on TV...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bet everyone was a bit 'flushed' afterwards, not to mention a lack of a 'full house'

Just goes to show us no one is going 'straight' anymore !

Texas hold'em - from now on known as Texas hold up !

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
THATS WHAT IM TALKIN BOUT! daddy always taught me the best poker face was a ski mask!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What a bunch of "jokers" eh, they sure "aced" it eh and must feel pretty "flush" right now?

Used the right tools to "suit" the job too...no hitting over the head with "clubs" or "spades" or a "poker" and those poor players, it must break their "hearts" to see all that loot get swiped from under their noses.

Better than a "diamond" heist because the cash won't need to be fenced...take the money and "run".

Bum "deal".

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Good thing no one got hurt though

I'm kinda surprised no one has done this before, now that I think about it. Like Vitchilo said, it's got to be the easiest way to steal money nowadays.

What we need next is 2 guys, on live T.V., doing the same thing with with Bush and Madoff masks on. That would be too cool

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
LMAO of the comments above.

Now bet they are on tilt cus thats one bad beat they wont recover from.

looks like they hit runner runner to hit the pot.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Nothing new. Down here in Texas we have underground gambling halls that are illegal. No police. The bandits always outgun the "security".

True Texas Hold Em Up.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The most billiant among those poker players were the ones studying their opponents' faces as they ran away. They were fleeing for their lives , but thinking "oh, so THAT'S what that guy looks like when he is surprised, note to self,"

Nobody had a poker face on at that point did they?

This was done very well in the series The Sopranos. I wonder if the perps ever saw that episode.

Glad nobody got hurt.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Pretty ballsy move for sure, however there is one easier way to get money than to steal it in such a fashion: get elected to a government office, they do this stuff daily.

new topics

top topics

join