It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello , it's good to be back home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Hello to all

Maybe some of you will remember me from a couple of years back but I know that to many I am a total stranger, so I thought it best that my first post be here to introduce myself to those who might wonder who this strange cat lady was with the moderator title!

I used to spend most of my free time logged into ATS and was amazed when I was asked to join the staff . I really enjoyed helping out as best I could for a few years as a moderator, up until a couple of years ago , and then a few things happened in my life and I found myself at a bit of a low, I also had an increasing workload outside of ATS. I started to log in less and less, and after a while I felt it had been so long that very stupidly I couldn't bring myself to log in, I thought I'd blown it.

I'm pleased to say that I'm feeling much more like my old self these days and after logging in again, I was very surprised and touched to find that I was still welcomed as an ATS moderator.

I am going to take things slowly though as I've got a lot to catch up on. I used to like to try and help people on such things as how to add images and links etc to their posts, but I've got to relearn all of that sort of stuff myself, so I'll probably be the one asking for advice to start with! I'd also like to take some time getting to know everyone who has joined in the last couple of years and for you to get to know me a little

As a bit of a practice run at adding a link to my posts I thought I'd post a reminder of how I first greeted ATS
My original introduction

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by pantha

Welcome back! Once you get refreshed and up-to-date, I could use some help.

I used to have an gif (animated) avatar and when ATS switched the avatar files over to the media section ... I can no longer make my old gif animate (hence the dummy substitute avatar).

The file is 160X320 and 74.7KB

When I load it in media for avatar ... it no longer moves.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Look what the cat dragged in

good to see you

Cheers
Fred

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pantha

I think i'm too young to remember you (only 70 postings days old you see
)

but Welcome back still!

and hope to see you around more often as well then.

CX

link   
Welcome back pantha, good to see you again.

CX.

link   
reply to post by pantha

Hey there pantha welcome back ... I was away for a few months myself with some health issues ... so I know it can be a bit overwhelming when you first come back ... now it's as if I never missed a beat ... I'm sure you'll slip back intoyour role easy-peezy.

Woody

[edit on 6-3-2010 by woodwytch]

[edit on 6-3-2010 by woodwytch]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Thank you all

I knew I could expect a warm welcome back, the members of ATS are some of the nicest people I've ever come across.

reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Urrrmmmm you might have to leave that with me for a bit! I've just discovered the new media sections that we have and it's all very new to me. It all looks very interesting , but might take a little while for me to get a handle on how it all works.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pantha

Thanks Panda, no rush!
I had the "X" (no picture placeholder) for months, then managed to delete the old file so I no longer had the ugly "x" and did without avatar for a good 6 or more months, then used this dummy avatar for many months so you see ... there's no rush at all!

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Welcome back!

I recently joined ATS in september '09. But I have visited this sight for about the past 5 years and I somewhat remember you. I wish I could remember which post of yours that I really enjoyed and shared with many of my friends. I remember you by your cat picture.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pantha

Hello, don't know who you are, only been here couple of months, but welcome back anyways, they need more moderators by the look of things

Peace

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Welcome back to the Mad House!!!!

Now you know every time you try leave they pull you back in, this is the virtual mafia.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Welcome back!

its good to be back isnt it!!
I know when im afk for studies I feel it calling me and its always good to see this grey background and lest not forget that guy with the firehose!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Once again thank you, it's good to know that some people remember me, and to hear that someone enjoyed something that I posted

Aside from some new features on the site ( the firehose is a new one on me!), it feels much the same, which is really good, it would have been really hard to have come back and not recognised the place!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Good to have you back pantha!!

top topics

join