It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New World Order is a False Dilemma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Definition of False Dilemma according to en.wikipedia.org...

The logical fallacy of false dilemma (also called false dichotomy, the either-or fallacy) involves a situation in which only two alternatives are considered, when in fact there are other options. Closely related are failing to consider a range of options and the tendency to think in extremes, called black-and-white thinking. Strictly speaking, the prefix "di" in "dilemma" means "two". When a list of more than two choices is offered, but there are other choices not mentioned, then the fallacy is called the fallacy of false choice, or the fallacy of exhaustive hypotheses. False dilemma can arise intentionally, when fallacy is used in an attempt to force a choice ("If you are not with us, you are against us.") But the fallacy can arise simply by accidental omission—possibly through a form of wishful thinking or ignorance—rather than by deliberate deception ("I thought we were friends, but all my friends were at my apartment last night and you weren't there.") When two alternatives are presented, they are often, though not always, two extreme points on some spectrum of possibilities. This can lend credence to the larger argument by giving the impression that the options are mutually exclusive, even though they need not be. Furthermore, the options are typically presented as being collectively exhaustive, in which case the fallacy can be overcome, or at least weakened, by considering other possibilities, or perhaps by considering a whole spectrum of possibilities, as in fuzzy logic.

Read this very closely, several times. It applies to many things. One prime example? Politics. Especially western politics.
What kind of options do we have when we go vote? Democrat vs republican. Sure, there's other alternatives but they are rarely, if ever mentioned. Just look at what happened to Ron Paul, he was just completely ignored by the mainstream media during the primaries in 08.
You can also apply this to say, network television. What options are there? Cable vs sattellite. Other options are once again available, but once again rarely mentioned, thus not there at all for some people.
You can apply this to just about anything.
The NWO is but one choice presented to us by the current people "in power". And so far we have been "with them", in my views. We have ignored the alternatives because they are not mentioned but also because we have not made our own alternatives. IMO, the New World Order is not something that will begin at a certain point in the future and go on for how ever long it may go on for. Quite the opposite. The New World Order is something that started long time (meaning from my limited perception of time) ago and will end in the (hopefully) not to distant future.

False Dilemma.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by thereaintnospoon]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your OP. It was a very comprehensive piece. When you look at it false dilemmas are everywhere as they are highly pervasive.

Either/ or

Right/wrong

My way or the highway.

Taking the idea further I am interested in the mechanism behind it. I find that false dilemma arguments despite being frequently flawed are very emotive. I wonder why that is.

Could their very emotiveness and pervasiveness of false dilemmas have an evolutionary role? Consider a primitive tribe wouldn’t a false dilemma argue make it easy to rally the tribe. If the tribe views the issue to be important it can then split along two clearly defined line and then one would go their own away thereby increasing the spread of humans and also the likelihood of survival.

Or could the false dilemma arguments be a reflection of our split brains or even our two handedness. Is it a legacy of our reptilian brain?

False dilemmas are inherently adversarial. Indeed our legal system is adversarial and we must employ lawyers to be our proxy combatants. I suggest that any thread on ATS of more than 4 replies shows false dilemma arguments.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
OP, you may like SKL's thread on the NWO in regards to what you bring here.

I am not trying to spam your thread, but it is another thread in regards to what you are positing here.

Here is the thread-There is no New World Order

For some reason, as I post this, I get a message "closed due to site reintegration". So maybe the servers are getting reset. Hell, I do not know, is there a conspiracy? LOL

As for my position on this, the sockpuppets are control devices to instill in us the false perception that we actually have a voice in our own governance. Has there every been a stop to the march toward One World Governance over the last 60 years?

Look at the votes for joining the EU. One country turned it down over and over until it was instituted. Now, how can they get out?

I am in the US, and I see everyday components of beginning the inclusion of every nation into our shield so to speak. No, it is not some vast conspiracy. It is a move by the control aspects of our society towards one goal. CONTROL in the realm of just a few. They may think it is for the greater good. We have seen from history what comes from that-CONTROL of the many by the few.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Here is the thread I mentioned in the previous post, I can no longer edit it and the link is still going nowhere. So here it is again. Plus a bump never hurts.

New World Order : There Is No Such Thing, Architect's of Lies, They Created A Phantom Menace

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I agree...the NWO is a concept that has been fermented in the minds of power corrupt elites. However, I still think their ultimate goal is to not have to hide it. It seems in recent years they have moved to make this reality in the name of peace and prosperity. They have manufactured the issues to keep us divided so they can bring everyone under control through a NWO. When they succeed there will be peace, but it won't be the peace we seek. It is there own piece for control over the population and to stop uprisings.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
very interesting post... very true, but we still also must be aware that some people truly do want world domination.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by endisnighe

Here is the thread I mentioned in the previous post, I can no longer edit it and the link is still going nowhere. So here it is again. Plus a bump never hurts.

New World Order : There Is No Such Thing, Architect's of Lies, They Created A Phantom Menace

Yeah I read that thread and checked out the movies while back, It's basically the same idea.
Nobody likes the truth but the truth is that we have been duped into believing that we only have their options. And most of us have just gone with it and became part of the system and are now too dependent on it. Smart setup by the way.

top topics

join