It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life-Enabling Molecules in the Orion Nebula

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"(PhysOrg.com) -- The Herschel Space Observatory has revealed the chemical fingerprints of potentially life-enabling organic molecules in the Orion nebula, a nearby stellar nursery in our Milky Way galaxy"

Possible Life-Enabling Molecules

so are we all really made of stars? or atleast made in the same places as stars?

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always understood that Carbon the backbone of all life on Earth is made in the core of stars and released when they go supernova. Therefore life on this planet is indeed made out of the remnants of dead stars.

The nitrogen, oxygen and hydrogen in our DNA was also made in stars as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In 10,000 years time there will be a planet with some life on the orion nebula, but I don't care because by then ill be dead

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Can't link this sorry..
www.youtube.com...

Are we made of stars?
Maybe.. Thanks for the article even if I don't understand it completely or the way I should!

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Yes you are right. but they're say they are finding organic molecules where carbon is just one element.

Finding carbon dioxcide is allot different then just finding carbon.

They did find the oldest known star in the universe a while ago I cant remember the exact age but it was so old it had burnt through all of the elements leading up to carbon and was now buring bright blue because it was almost entirly made up of carbon

If I can find it i'll post it .

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Other than Hydrogen and Helium every element is made in stars.

The immense gravity that a large star goes when it has burned through all of it's fuel and it collapses in on itself makes this type of fusion possible. Smaller stars do not go to the high end of the period table but do create the ones that are more abundant. Some small stars like our own will just burn off their little amounts of elements and never be such a sight, but only become a red giant.

It takes a bigger supernova to create gold, iron and such. If the star is too big then it becomes a black hole, these are called hypernova's.

en.wikipedia.org...

But yes it is all true that we are just star stuff gathering star light. Unless you go to the extremophiles.

Carbon is the building blocks of life as we know it but silicone could be a life builder as well. It all depends on the electrons in the atom and how reactive they are.

Pred...

[edit on 8-3-2010 by predator0187]

top topics

join