It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore weapons

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Light Strike Vehicles
Armed with 0.5HMG, 40mm AGL and 7.62mm FN MAG.

Bionix AFV
Armed with 25mm Bushmaster, I think...

Bronco all-purpose carrier

Terrex AV81

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Rapid Fire 120mm mortar for vehicle and ship mounting

A towed 155mm howitzer system this one on a driveable chassis.

A very lightweight 40mm AGL

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
WOW! ,,,i did not know singapore had such advanced weapons...

thanks for the pics tvdog...

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Israel/Singapore-made Spike 3rd generation ATGW

[edit on 14-6-2004 by tvdog]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Our Apache Longbow detachment based in US Silver Bell Army Heliport in Marana, Arizona. After Britain and US, we are the only other country to operate this most advanced version of the Apache.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by wararts
WOW! ,,,i did not know singapore had such advanced weapons...

thanks for the pics tvdog...

Well, thanks for being interested. We are a tiny little island country bristling with high-tech weapons. Our neighbours don't really like us and they're all bigger than we are.

I think inch for inch we are the most heavily-defended piece of real estate in the whole world. We will have 6 stealth frigates operational by 2009 and we already operate very modern missile corvettes plus many other missile-armed crafts of various sizes.

We have many squadrons of F-16 including the latest versions. These are supplemented by F-5E and soon-to-be scrapped upgraded A-4 Skyhawks.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is not so modern. The Standard Fragmentation Grenade 87 (SFG-87). I've thrown one of these before. Knee-trembling experience for a then 18 year old green recruit.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Upgraded M-113 with Israeli/Singapore-made remote-control turrets, 25mm cannon on live-fire excercise.

Primus 155mm SPH on live-fire excercise in New Zealand.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why is singapore army developing those self-moving artillery? Where will you use it on that island? You should invest more into navy/air force.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
As I've posted in the stealth ship thread, we'll have 6 french-designed stealth frigates operational by 2009 in addition to our already very modern navy. We now have 4 old Swedish submarines for patrol and training. Nearly all our ships are missile-armed including a fleet of modern german-designed corvettes.

Would be buying modern subs probably from Germany as soon as we have enough experience.

Our airforce is comprised of mostly F-16 A, B, C and D, including the latest versions. We have the Apache Longbow. We are already purchasing the next generation of fighter planes. Could be the F-22 or something.

I think we do have already a very powerful airforce and navy.

Where would we use the mobile artillery? Dunno, we'll find some place when the need arises.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
also singapore got the cis-40 agl very good granade launcher.

[edit on 14-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
singapore also has the cis 50mg dual feed chaingun.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
and of course,,,the ultimax 100.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wararts>

Thanks for all those pics. Several comments:

The 40mm AGL I'd already posted. This AGL is belt-fed with the normal M203-type 40mm grenades. We seldom use this AGL on tripod mount as you posted. This is not issued to normal infantry troops as it is still too cumbersome even though it is the lightest AGL available. Maybe Support Company will have it?

Usually this AGL is coupled with the CIS .50 dual-feed HMG as you have posted. Many of our vehicles (like the Light Strike Vehicle or M-113) will have this dual gun combination which we call the 40/50. 40 stands for the 40mm AGL and 50 stands for the .50 HMG.

You labelled it a chain gun but that is incorrect. Chain gun means the feed is powered by an external motor - it's not the case here. It is just a normal HMG that can take 2 different belts of ammo at the same time. With a single flick of a switch you can change from one belt to the other. So for example you have normal ball ammo with tracer on one side, and you have AP on the other. So you can switch easily.

The Ultimax you posted is no longer in use. This is the early version Mk1 or something and you can easily tell by the fixed carrying handle in the middle of the gun. This version doesn't have a quick-change barrel. You may still encounter this in the hands of recruits for training. The later versions all have quick-change barrels and the carrying handle/change lever is moved to near the front-sight post. In fact, if I'm not wrong this pic is from the website of a guy in England who bought a decommissioned Ultimax.

I've fired a Ultimax before. Very light but very little recoil. If you squeeze off 3-round bursts it is very accurate. Anything more than that and it's "spray and pray". The US Navy SEALS bought some and so did Croatia, Indonesia and Philippines. It is the poor-man's SAW - much cheaper to build than the Minimi.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This would be the current version of the Ultimax. The one below is a short-barrel "commando" version. If the pics don't work check this great firearms site by Max Popenker: world.guns.ru...

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
www.rafael.co.il... tvdog thanks for the comments,, i have been further educated in singapore weapons.....

i was just wandering what kind of remote weapon stations singapore has on its tanks???..

[edit on 15-6-2004 by wararts]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join