It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hi, I'm new here, would like to show you some weapons we make in Singapore.

SAR-21, replaces the M-16S1

Ultimax-100 SAW.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
tvdog....the SAR-21 is one of my favorite exotic weapons,, this little known weapon is on my top 5 list of best exotic weapons of all time!

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The SAR-21 looks real sexy. In that picture is looks pretty big compared to the person.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
It looks like Steyr Aug. It has only one disadvantage : it is bullup (so it's not ambidextrous) and it cannot be even converted for lefthanders! (like most modern bullups).

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
it looks like the vektor cr-21 from south africa.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wararts
it looks like the vektor cr-21 from south africa.

The resemblace is purely looks, they have completely different operating systems. The CR-21 works off the AK system.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Auto Grenade Launcher 40mm

Super Light Weight Auto Grenande Launcher: 40mm with Air Bursting Munition

Squad Support Weapon: 40mm ABM and 5.7mm PDW for urban fighting

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvdog

Squad Support Weapon: 40mm ABM and 5.7mm PDW for urban fighting

Some link or info for this one? I'd like to know more.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
mr tvdog,, i would also like more info on that squad support weapon,,,as i must be up to date on my weapons
...ty

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Info for the Squad Support Weapon here

www.stengg.com...

Basically it is a concept not different from the OICW. It just uses a different grenade component and a different direct-fire component. Still under development, I think. Not issued to Singapore troops yet. I think it is simpler to build and use and lighter. Much cheaper. The air bursting munition must be really useful cos you can hit enemies even when they are behind cover or even when they are in an uncovered trench.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by tvdog]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Silly colour scheme and decals, though... And looks damn clumsy. Still a prototype, i think.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Where are the magazines and why is there the upper barrel (the third one above the 40mm, under the scope). Or it is the second scope? I can't recognize that.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by longbow]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Singapore spec ops with SAR-21 and newly-acquired FN P-90 with silencers for "hush puppy" work i.e. to silence the enemy sentries.

We don't think of the FN P-90 as a PDW, we see it more as a powerful SMG - which is what it really is. The whole concept of a PDW is rubbish. Just a term to sell more weapons. Why would you arm second-line troops like clerks, cooks and drivers with an expensive and high-tech weapon just so they can defend themselves?

Next pic after excercise. Can see clearly the FN P-90 with silencer and a short SAR-21 with the picatinny rail.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I haven't a clue what those holes under the scope on the SSW weapon are. They could be where you load the grenade rounds?

Our latest toy - Singapore-made 155mm tracked Self-propelled Howitzer called Primus.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
Where are the magazines and why is there the upper barrel (the third one above the 40mm, under the scope). Or it is the second scope? I can't recognize that.

"Although the idea of a dual calibre weapon is not new, ST Kinetics' SSW is the only infantry weapon developed in Asia with a Fire Control System (FCS) that fires next generation programmable ammunition like the 40mm Air Bursting Munition (ABM) directly from a handheld system. Weighing only 6kg with a full load 4 x 40mm rounds and 20 x 5.7mm rounds"

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvdog
Info for the Squad Support Weapon here

www.stengg.com...

Basically it is a concept not different from the OICW. It just uses a different grenade component and a different direct-fire component. Still under development, I think. Not issued to Singapore troops yet. I think it is simpler to build and use and lighter. Much cheaper. The air bursting munition must be really useful cos you can hit enemies even when they are behind cover or even when they are in an uncovered trench.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by tvdog]

thank you very much........

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
"Although the idea of a dual calibre weapon is not new, ST Kinetics' SSW is the only infantry weapon developed in Asia with a Fire Control System (FCS) that fires next generation programmable ammunition like the 40mm Air Bursting Munition (ABM) directly from a handheld system. Weighing only 6kg with a full load 4 x 40mm rounds and 20 x 5.7mm rounds"

I was talking about this one :

The 5.7 mm is the tinny litle barrel at the bottom. 40 mm granade is directly above it. But whats that thing between 40 mm and the scope?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This looks like a big fat creme colored suppository...an effective big fat creme colored suppository

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust that thing with my life.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I must admit this is a rather silly-looking piece of kit. I mean any fool can come up with a better colour for a weapon than monkey-shxt-brown, right?

It's too bulky and it doesn't look like it can be instinctively pointed. I would preferably put the 5.7mm on top of the 40mm like in most assault rifle/Gl combos. You need to 5.7mm to protect yourself so it is best it is placed on top so in an emergency you can instinctively just look down the barrel and shoot.

So if you use the layour of the FN P90 with the top-mounted magazine as a base, you can easily work the 40mm part onto the bottom, IMO.

About the 2 mysterious holes I can only would think that it is part of the sight would be the best guess. Or maybe it's some exhaust fan or something...hahaha!

If you look at the second picture I posted you will see where the magazines are.

But then, judging from the rest of the stuff my country's arms industry has put out, I would say that this would eventually be a very efficient piece of equipment.

Because of the small size of our soldiers, we always emphasise on compact and lightweight. And because we are a conscript-based army, there is also the emphasis on user-friendliness and simplicity.

What's wrong with the OICW was perhaps its weight and the on-board computing equipment. I was an infantry rifleman for many years, I would never, never, never trust a weapon that has a computer. Computers are delicate things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join