It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80%!!! :: Landslide Victory for Ron Paul in Texas Primary!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Landslide Victory for Ron Paul in Texas Primary!

Holy Tabulations! Batman!!!

[color=#00BFFF]80% ZOMG ...

Congressman Ron Paul won today’s Republican primary election in Texas’s 14th district in a landslide.

With all 271 precincts reporting, 80.76% of voters expressed their desire for Ron Paul to remain in office.

END RESULTS
John Gay – 3,003 votes – 5.27%
Tim Graney – 5,536 votes – 9.73%
Ron Paul – 45,947 votes – 80.76%
Gerald D. Wall – 2,402 votes – 4.22%

Congratulations, Dr. Ron Paul!

He looks so cool and calm in his picture.

Just an FYI.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by GAOTU789]

Fixed comic profanity with G = Good Stuff

[edit on 3·4·10 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I love everything this man stands for! Congratulations Dr. Ron Paul

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Ron Paul needs to be the next leader of our Nation.

I just went through the primaries, but I ran unoppossed so my focus is farther down the road for the long fight to the General Elections come November.

With a win in November, I'll have the platform to meet and converse with higher officials like Ron Paul, on a Professional level. I'm going to ask him if he's ever heard of/been on ATS. I'll ask him if he would be interested in participating in an ATS interview. Maybe some members would be interested in posting some ideas for questions or asking Ron to address some of their concerns.

He is a very open and honest man, which is rarely found in popular politics, which makes me think that he would have no problem with addressing ATS members.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Detailed Perfection

What district are you in?

Just curious. I'm in 21 - kinda so-so about my Congressman. I would prefer a
Ron Paul type, but know I could sure have worse than Smith.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Indeed, congratulations! Seriously though, Ron Paul is one of the few voices of reason in Washington and people across the nation are fed up. Did we really expect he wouldn't be voted back in?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
How awesome would it be if we could all write his name in for congress in 60% of the districts and give him 60% of the congressional voting power. Haha. Too good to be true.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What I find funny is how much the 'detractors' for Ron Paul have quited down since he dropped out of the presidential race. People calling him a loon and nut job and so on. Once he was no longer a threat to THEIR person running I guess they just moved on.

Congrats to Dr. Ron Paul. He is truly a voice of reason in a very unreasonable government.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If any other candidate had a land-slide like this, it'd be news for days..

The movement is getting to big... in 2010, RP will be the primary republican candidate... regardless of what the news says.

Obama/Paul debate?? Ha.. Nice!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
If any other candidate had a land-slide like this, it'd be news for days..

The movement is getting to big... in 2010, RP will be the primary republican candidate... regardless of what the news says.

Obama/Paul debate?? Ha.. Nice!

There are Congressional candidates that run unopposed all the time. Especially for their own parties primary. Never hear of them being in the news for getting 100% support.

Ron Paul is just fine where he is at. A Congressman representing his district.

Breaking News? Ron Paul wins his primary? Really?

Breaking News! The sun came up this morning!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not to knock Ron Paul or anything, but it's a congressional seat.

Not exactly hard to win re-election to those.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

Such an overreaction for a Congressman winning a Party PRIMARY.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loki

I see your point.

But it is Harder to do it without selling out to Interest Groups.

RP answers to No masters.

Can other Congressmen say the same?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Breaking News? Ron Paul wins his primary? Really?

Breaking News! The sun came up this morning!

Sun came up?

Exactly, and just like the sun, this offers warm fuzzies in a world upside down (umop ap!sdn).

Perry is everywhere in the news ... bummer... piranha ... there are many more elections coming.

1/3 of the Senate ; All of the House.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix
Perry is everywhere in the news ... bummer... piranha ... there are many more elections coming.

A sitting Governor defending his seat against a sitting US Senator, and defeating her convincingly should be news. An entrenched Congressmen winning his parties primary is hardly breaking news.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

Originally posted by DrMattMaddix

A sitting Governor defending his seat against a sitting US Senator, and defeating her convincingly should be news. An entrenched Congressmen winning his parties primary is hardly breaking news.

Entrenched ? ... Yes, how many incumbents do you believe will retain their seats in Congress ?

80% approval is staggering. That my friend is NEWS.

I'm still feeling all warm and fuzzy.

Wooo

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The man will be 76 when the next election comes around and he hasn't come out and said he'll run for president for 2012. Who would elect a 76 year old man when they wouldn't elect the better, 72 year old version in 2008?

And so, instead of continuing to talk about how right he was regarding the economy, he's let others do that and is setting up a legacy of his career in the event he gets elected out of office, or gets too old/weak to run. This involves some tough choices and some odd partnerships; hence, Chuck Baldwin and changing churches. There really aren't many with the common sense of Ron Paul out there in politics, who for years unapologetically shouted at whoever would listen about the virtues of a lean banking system and protecting constitutional freedoms (read: American culture) instead of entitlements. Interestingly, he's done this despite unsubstantiated cries of "racism" from the crowd, who would rather see entitlements protected than basic rights for all - but guarantees for none.

Who Paul buddies up to today is one thing, but some basic facts about his policies remain:

He wants an audit of the fed and an overhaul of our banking system with more transparency - not so the average joe gets transparency to our banking system but so that our own leaders can speak intelligently about the state of that banking system.

He wants to pull back our unnecessary military operations and revamp where we spend our resources abroad.

He's a medical doctor who knows that gov't intervention in health care would be an absolute disaster.

He wants the federal government to limit its involvement in our daily lives, and let states run most functions by themselves. He says this not to get people riled up about control conspiracies, but rather because that's what the leaders who built our country envisioned.

It shouldn't matter to most what religion Paul is; in fact, the irrelevance of his religion is part of his political philosophy. I could ask similarly irrelevant questions, such as, do we even know Obama was born in this country, or which God he bows to? Does anyone care? Not really, they just care about the (empty) promises. At least Paul would follow through on his.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Ron Paul is my hero!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
So much for the tea-party challengers. Whatever happened to the tea-party blowback the media was talking about?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think this gentleman would make a great President of the USA

Do I need a second line for that statement?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I just find it refreshing and wonderful someone feels so passionate about politics. Look how excited the OP was for this victory, good for you, Op! I wish I still had that kind of enthusiasm for it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join