It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats are a BUNCH OF WUSSIES!!! Says Michael MOORE.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I agree...the democrats are just absolutely pathetic. Its funky hearing it come out of Michael Moore's mouth. But hey, the truth is the truth no matter who speaks it. Our political structure has been reliant on the corporations' abilities to buy our politicians, and now that it is 100% legal to accept gifts with no limits, things will only get worse. Say what you want about Moore...personally he means nothing to me, but, he has been responsible for exposing truths that would have never have been brought to the mainstream.

Secondly, if no one has figured it out yet...They are ALL CORRUPT. Dems/Repubs/Liberals/Conservatives. YOU ALL SUCK!!! The only thing that matters is the American people. I hope you all get that through your heads.

Snippet from source:

Just over a year ago, Michael Moore vigorously campaigned for President Obama and the Democratic Party. But watching them jettison the public option from health care legislation appears to have been the final straw.

"These Democrats are a bunch of wusses," Moore told Raw Story in a hard-edged interview Wednesday. "They don't have the courage of their convictions. They won't stand and fight."

Health care is a uniquely important issue for the liberal filmmaker, whose 2007 documentary "Sicko" explored the heartbreaks and inequities in the US health care industry. He says he's fed up with the Democrats' reticence to take on insurance companies.

"It's embarrassing, it's disgusting and I won't have it anymore," he told Raw Story, mocking them in a baby's voice. "I'm sick of them."

Source:
rawstory.com...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Seems like Michael Moore suddenly has a knack for the obvious.

Is he still trying to push a Cuban style healthcare system down our throats?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Because he is a Marxist piece of scum and the administration is not oppressing us fast enough for his taste. Hey Michael, why don't you give up your millions and your Manhattan condo first?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Though what he says is true, it doesn't change my thoughs on HIM. A piece of scum.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Seems like Michael Moore suddenly has a knack for the obvious.

Is he still trying to push a Cuban style healthcare system down our throats?

I can show you pictures like that from our own healthcare system. I could walk right in a hospital right now and see the same thing.

What is this supposed to prove?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Well, for starters we could start looking at the differences from the bottom, say the floors of a HOSPITAL for example.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Because he is a Marxist piece of scum and the administration is not oppressing us fast enough for his taste. Hey Michael, why don't you give up your millions and your Manhattan condo first?

I'll second that. Notice that the loudest voices for neo-marxism come from people like Moore, Sean Penn and Danny Glover? Even the ill-educated American working class can see through the fantasy land Marxist drivel. Why do people believe that crap? I'm beginning to think it's an organic brain disease.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Props to Michael for starting to wake up.

Props to him for telling it how it is.

I voted for Obama because I believed in his false promises of ending the wars, etc. He has turned out to be nothing but a Wall Street sycophant. Michael Moore is not stupid, even if he is misguided sometimes. He knows he has been played for a fool as well as the rest of the public.

Democrats are getting pissed. Republicans are even more pissed. Those of us who stepped back and looked at the whole circus from the outside are even MORE pissed.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by seattletruth]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Sure...and you DO have a point. But, these things occur right here as well. We've had conditions very similar in nursing homes right in our own country. Either way, I don't see the perfection in any system whatsoever. However, this thread isn't about medical care, it is about the current state of our political structure and those who are in charge.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Props to Michael for starting to wake up.

Props to him for telling it how it is.

I voted for Obama because I believed in his false promises of ending the wars, etc. He has turned out to be nothing but a Wall Street sycophant. Michael Moore is not stupid, even if he is misguided sometimes. He knows he has been played for a fool as well as the rest of the public.

Democrats are getting pissed. Republicans are even more pissed. Those of us who stepped back and looked at the whole circus from the outside are even MORE pissed.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by seattletruth]

You're right, but, I don't think that the Dems or Repubs have anything to be pissed about. So far, the system is working out GREAT for them. We're the one's the are being defecated on profusely.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Office 4256

Originally posted by timewalker

I'll second that. Notice that the loudest voices for neo-marxism come from people like Moore, Sean Penn and Danny Glover? Even the ill-educated American working class can see through the fantasy land Marxist drivel. Why do people believe that crap? I'm beginning to think it's an organic brain disease.

You can call it drivel all you want. It looks like the end game to me. And guess who's losing here? That's right...you and I.

Also, say what you want about Sean Penn. He risked life and limb during hurricane Katrina to selflessly save the lives of others while his cohorts were being flown out in droves.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Unrealistic people create ideas that sound good but are unrealistic, and then as a result, society decays. Ta-da! This is why you must always be vigilant against people who are unrealistic, even if they have no power yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolvedMinistry
I agree...the democrats are just absolutely pathetic. Its funky hearing it come out of Michael Moore's mouth.

I note the same coming from Bill Maher. Progressives are totally let down by the Dems. They have the juice, but can't find the cojones. Bipartisanship only goes so far, and to date Obama has simply proven you can't push a rope.

Same thing here in the Great White North. Liberals (in opposition) can't tell their arses from page 9. Get out some policy going and work it! The Right is not going to give an inch...hence the 'Politics of No', so steamroller 'em and let the electorate sort it out.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yep, as the people of the world suffer, the Democrats are playing things safe. I have absolutely no more respect for the system at large. Its about time that others notice this epidemic for what it is and mobilize.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Here is the true realism. The American workers, taxpayers, and citizens are being given the shaft while our politicians live better than 99% of the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Typically voters know very little about politics. This is one of the main reasons why democracy is such a failure. Admiring the looks of a politician or detecting a similarity to their own appearance has been shown to sway a voter's choice. Millions of people are voting with a completely unrealistic idea of what they are voting for. Wishful thinking abounds. People like to latch on to a mainstream party, usually one of the top two, because they don't want to back a loser, and they project onto that party their fantasies about what they would like the party to stand for. They will look through rose tinted spectacles at everything they hear about the party (generally from watching the news on TV), giving the politicians the benefit of the doubt and refusing to see or hear evil about them. This misplaced loyalty must be comforting. People like to feel that the ship of state is in capable hands, and it would be scary to look closely and discover that this couldn't be further from the truth.

If a controversial party ever was to gain sufficient popular support however, they could potentially tap into the fact that they embody the very fantasies that voters like to ascribe to their present chosen party. Why support an illusion when they could get the real thing?

In our democracy, voters routinely elect the same mainstream political parties, but they don't realize that most of the policies they would prefer are in fact those of the an "extremist" alternative.

Despite knowing next to nothing about politics and current affairs, many people like to feel that their political affiliation is a part of their own identity. These people, having decided who they support, will carry on voting for that party without any thought. They don't want to think too hard. They are not really interested. And they certainly don't want to support anything controversial or that doesn't have a real chance of winning.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I just have to ask...GOTTA get this out there

do you TRULY think the repubs or cons are any better? Really?

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

I just have to ask...GOTTA get this out there

do you TRULY think the repubs or cons are any better? Really?

-Kyo

I have to ask...Gotta get this out there. Did you read the whole post? Did you see the part where I said the same thing about the repubs and conservatives?

Boy, people really need to read the entirety of everything before they make their posts.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Excellent statement. Thanks for sharing concernedcitizan!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by capgirl
Though what he says is true, it doesn't change my thoughs on HIM. A piece of scum.

I can agree with that...to a certain extent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join