It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Ron Paul - CNN 2/27/2010 - Telling it like it is - "US Government Will Soon Be Bankrupt"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Here is Ron Paul doing a great interview for CNN, discussing the economy, his recent victory at CPAC and where he see's the country heading.

Ron Paul has been saying the same thing over and over for the last 10 years, warning the fools in government of the extreme dangers that they were putting the country in by obscene, unchecked spending, war mongering and downright irresponsible policy.

It seems that the ones in power, namely on the Republican side, would rather see the entire nation implode and fail than to ever admit that they were wrong and that Dr. Paul may know what he is talking about. I can't understand how a party that is so hated, so grossly unpopular and struggling for support could turn away Ron Paul, who is the only candidate out there with common sense and experience and a huge following of supporters.

Obviously speaking, an elected Paul would mean the end of the old way of corporate government, blank check books at the expense of the tax payer, and likely the ones responsible for this mess would have to answer for their actions.

No wonder Republicans booed when Dr. Paul won the vote at CPAC, no wonder they froze him out of the debates and removed him from the ballot in 08, no wonder they greet him with nothing but contempt. He is an honest man surrounded by snakes, and these snakes are afraid that he will pull their covers for the world to see.

How can you be a freedom loving American voter and not see that this man is the only one on our side? I have said it numerous times but I will say it again...God bless Ron Paul...he may never succeed but not one can say that he hasn't tried his hardest. And when the country fails, nobody amongst us can say that they were not forewarned.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am a huge RP supporter and it occurs to me that he's in the press a lot more recently than even during his campaign. Even my friends who don't know any better and vote R/D have to admit RP makes sense.

Of course he was pretty much blacklisted during the campaign, but still....

Hopefully we'll continue to hear more from the gentleman from Texas, Dr. No.

s+f

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think more than anything regular voters and people in the media are starting to listen to this man with a lot more sincerity now that they see how everything he has been talking about for so long is finally coming to fruition.

People bought into he Obama "Change" B.S. and I get the feeling there is a sense of betrayal and a bit of buyers remorse. They are beginning to see the difference between the words of a Washington politician and the words of a man who is looking out for the interest of the people of this country.

People are tired, they are afraid and they are looking for honest ideas and answers, not a bunch of empty hot air and televised rhetoric. The only change that has taken place in the last year has been decidedly for the worst. And when it comes down to choosing between what we are getting with the current administration versus voting for possibly another empty suit like Romney or God forbid Sarah Palin, it makes the stomach churn.

The people of this nation aren't as lazy and stupid as your government would have us believe. Tell them the truth and they can see we are in a world of trouble.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I feel the man has integrity and can`t be bought to follow the usual programs.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
He is definitely better than the rest, but he still espouses the crap about inflation coming. He KNOWS that 20 trillion have vanished from the bankers illegal issuance of the dollar, yet the govt has only printed 10 trillion. Duh! That is the definition of DEflation. But in all fairness, even the Demoncrats don't understand that they can now spend like crazy without ill effects. We already PAID for the counterfeiting by banks, via inflation for DECADES. And it definately was NOT the govt printing that caused the increase in money supply. That said, there are now MAJOR govt obligations that very well could mean inflation far off into the future. I would be startled and shocked to see it happening any time soon. Any economist will tell you the market ALWAYS does what the majority don't think it will. Everyone thinks tulips will go up, and they go down. Everyone expects inflation, and it is deflation. Easy. The wild card is the costs of energy, due to the radical communist/Progressives passing laws preventing us from using our abundance of oil and gas. It is HERE, it is available NOW. But they would prefer we go into a depression, because it's use would cause more global warming. Well, they deserve the snowbanks they are getting. Cap and Trade and other scams could send the costs up somewhat. Transportation affects the costs of everything. So, just counter the communists/Progressives, and stop financing the Muslim Jihad. You don't throw arrows at your enemy.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This guy tells it like it is. If there is still an America by 2012 he would make a great president. So m uch so I worry for his well being...they keep pickin off the good guys.

It seems to me that he really wants to say it is allready broke and just dosen't want to hit us with too much at once....kinda slowly sink in before the next revalation.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Further, he is NOT addressing any of the real problems facing America today. Not the banksters counterfeiting, nor their 'bribery' of politicians thru PACs. Not the scam by the pharmaceutical/drug companies, and the AMA. Not the suppression of technology by the oil companies. Not the corruption and crime being perpetrated under color of law. I posted more on a proposal for a new party, yesterday, called Generation Zero Tea Party. To be fair, being honest and perfectly frank could be viewed as political suicide. Things are so gone, so way out there, so intense, that noone wants to admit it. In fact, people who tell the truth and are heard, become a moving target. But if ever there was a chance at restoring goodness to America, it is now. Noone has the chutzpa to tell it like it is, so I am! This site is not really that public, so I doubt I will be targeted, yet. But rest assured, they are listening to this site. Intensely.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'd love to see him run with the ball. He couldn't do any worse than his predecessors. He does smack of common sense though, something not normally seen in his line of work.

As well, I respect his sense of humility, not overtly arrogant like so many other politicians, and willing to ask why is America hated and in such a mess, instead of it can't be us, were loved by everyone blah blah blah rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Even that documentary Generation Zero talks about the huge problem of our trade deficit. Hello? We take in ten time the money that we spend, for services like management, invention, music, film, engineering. BRAIN stuff exported. Many smart people immigrate, legally, and strenthen America. But all the labor, manufacturing stuff is being destroyed here in America. We invent it, manufacture it, manage it, but we have it done overseas. This is not good for nonbrain labor. We have had a large middle class for the first time in history. Now, that is being destroyed by the upper class. So the trade deficit is NOT a problem, but there is a problem. How about all the peeps that no longer can work in manufacturing? What, are they going to have to leave America to get work? Or go back to college? I have a friend that had a track scholarship at UCLA. They would not let him take what he wanted, film. So he ended up taking Business Communications. He has never had a job in that, and can't get anything but Floorsalesman at Home Depot. UCLA just tells him to go back to school, the first four years realistically accounted for nothing. He tried for years before the Depression started.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I dont agree much with Ron Paul but I absolutely love watching Jack Cafferty and both of them made some good points in the video. Good thread

top topics

join