It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's Axis moved 3 inches!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Earth's Axis moved 3 inches!!!

www.democracynow.org

Audio Quote: "The 8.8 magnitude earth quake was so powerful it slightly shifted the earth's axis and shortened the day. NASA scientist, Richard Grose, told Bloomberg that the axis about which the earth's mass is balanced likely moved about 3 inches, and the length of the day should have gotten shorter by about 1.26 microseconds."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Listen for the above noted quote in today's video (March 2, 2010)... The audio bit is located at approximately the 3:00 minute mark.

WOW!!!

Sooo? Are the Apocalyptic Prophecy's of old being proven as scientifically possible world changing times? I hope 2012 is not the real deal... I guess it wouldn't hurt to stockpile food and water would it then.

I also read that an 8.8 magnitude earth quake was supposedly approximately 500 times greater than the 7.0 that hit Haiti. Is that for real??? Thank goodness for modern engineering.

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Damnit, the planet's been falling for those pharmaceutical emails.

"2-3 inches extra GUARANTEE!"

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ha! just go ask HAARP what would happen to this world. It's amazing how gullible people are to believe evrything the news media tells you, but reality if you dig and do the research you will find that both Haiti and Chile along with many other places where earthquakes have happened recently are jokes. What i mean by that is nature did'nt do any of this. These countrys are not even on the fault line where earthquakes happen! Also on a side note, why are these quakes only happening to very poor countrys? Well nobody is talking and we have a right to some answers!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PreyBird

You really should research some more, and not fall for the sensalationist headlines.

For instance: fuliginouspalaver.tripod.com...

ALSO, even from the allegedly "distrustful MSM --- MSNBC" threr is afailry well-written description, linked to on one of the other various Earth's axis tilt threads that have popped up. It points out the changes that occured in 2004, the quake and terrible tsunami in Indonesia. BIGGER, in certain ways, to how it affected the distruibution of mass, in the Earth's crust, and the result on the rotational stability.

(In other words, minimal....three inches? Compared to the size of the planet?)

Anyways, in due time more accurate measurements will be possible, by using GPS readings, and comparing.

But, you may sleep soundly at night --- the Moon is still there, and has a great influence on keeping Earth more stable.

BTW, even without the Moon, any drastic precession of the Earth's rotational axis would take millions of years to occur.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfmadeGME

These countrys are not even on the fault line where earthquakes happen!

Hogwash.

I suggest a more thorough study into the science of earthquakes. Not sure where you get such information.....but a location does NOT have to located directly on a fault line to be affected!!!

AND, there are at least TWO different types of this movement of the crust --- basically, where plates are subducting, and where they are merely sliding along, next to each other.

But, if you wish to beleive in the HAARP fantasy, and that a facility in Alaska can affect the rocks 20 miles below the ocean floor, off the coast of Chile, be our guest.......

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe HAARP is a cover for the uncontrollable weather phenomena that is happening around the world and people just need to point a finger at the most corrupt government ever devised...

hmmmm...... good find

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yeah, I was just watching CNN, and they said it cause the day to get shorter, by 1/billionth of a second.

That means that in 31 yrs we will have lost a second.

Amazing science.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Great contribution

2nd line

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

These countrys are not even on the fault line where earthquakes happen!

Actually they are on fault lines.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e383c11a1e1f.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The shift could cause a number of things to happen.

I can only speculate since I am no expert

Maybe weather will change slightly, or asteroids/comets will need to be recalculated.

A new North Star may be needed as well?

A lot of scientific changes, I am sure there will be more to come...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfmadeGMEThese countrys are not even on the fault line where earthquakes happen!

The Nazca/South America plates mean nothing to you then?

I am a subscriber to the belief that HAARP is capable of a great many things, both good and bad. However to maintain any credibility in looking for those answers, one must also be able to accept that nature will create catastrophes, sometimes ones that were completely unknown to us before.

This one is pretty cut and dry though, two plates meeting at the coastal edge of Chile. Plates move against each other, building pressure. The pressure releases.

What I would see as more of a conspiracy is how the actions after the catastrophe may create an opening for some new globalist elite agenda, and also the conspiracy of how this will fall into the whole 2012 movement and further fan the flames of the "sky is falling" crowd that is already whipping into a frenzy as the countdown continues to my post-2012 nothing happened party.

*Edit - I see grantbreed beat me to the punch. Cheers.

[edit on 3/2/10 by niteboy82]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

uhh serious that exactly where these countrys are its ignorant for people to beleive in an earthquake machine when we can only hypothesize how it works???
Im not out ta get ya just caught my eye with your post because these countrys lay on huge fault lines.
Any whos
Be Well

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfmadeGME
. These countrys are not even on the fault line where earthquakes happen! Also on a side note, why are these quakes only happening to very poor countrys? Well nobody is talking and we have a right to some answers!!!

Are you serious?

You need to do some more study into plate tectonics and fault lines

Chile has a major fault line where the South American and Nazca plates converge, and the Indonesian earthquake actually happened right on top of a major fault line on the Indo-Australian plate.

Sorry, you are 100% wrong

www.rain.org...

Edit to add- guess I shouldve read further down, lol

[edit on 2/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not the first time this has been reported. In fact after most MAJOR quakes the earth's axis gets jolted.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well how much of a "Butterfly affect" is three inches one must wonder?
I would need more facts hence I would have to do more research to see what the ramifications are here. One must not under-rate or over-rate anything like this until one understands would could or couldn't happen.
If anyone has any more info it would be much appreciated.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
We had a 3.7 today on the New madrid fault, let us all hope that this one doesn't decide to come alive in a large way!!!!!! 1811-1812 quakes rang church bells in Boston!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

Maybe, just maybe HAARP is a cover for the uncontrollable weather phenomena that is happening around the world and people just need to point a finger at the most corrupt government ever devised...

As silly as it may seem... Giving the public something to point the blame at takes the unknown out of the equation, therefore, preventing immediate panic amongst the paranoid persons that fear GOD and the revelation of a coming apocalypse.

"That's right everyone.... HAARP caused it all. And since we, the government, owns it, we will get down to the very bottom of who has been operating this terrible weapon of mass destruction OURSELVES and set things right for you THE SHEEPLE... I mean PEOPLE.
You just take it easy, go back in your house and abide by the 9:00pm curfew we put in place for your protection. Thanks"

I myself... Would love to hear an expert say.... "EVERYONE LISTEN UP... Nobody really knows what is going to happen... They are just theories, so get your kids, pack your belongings and run to the hills NOW!!!!" What happens....KAOS!!! I know if I was a care giver, working alone, taking care of 35 toddlers in the middle of a field, next to a busy intersection, I would most certainly refrain from opening that 5 gallon tub of ice cream (reality) until some kind of precautionary measures were put in place first. (spoons and bowls for each child, fencing around the field, napkins, water, blankets, a tent in case it rains, bathroom facilities, etc.) Holy #.... Sounds like what a FEMA shelter would be set up for. DAMN.

Extreme emphasis and the little white lies of overaggerated information on things like Global Warming are necessary, because if you do not push the public into extreme cases of possibility they will fail to heed the call and just continue on with their lives. People need to understand fear so we don't get too comfortable and be wiped out due to ignorance. I am sure the government doesn't like to resort to extreme measures but it is the only way most people will ever listen.

OR

The ALERTS, Extreme Weather Reports, etc. are just put in place to desensitize us so we don't panic.

Kinda like the boy who cried wolf.

REGARDLESS.... Stop worrying folks, because, what ever it is that is happening to this world, you or I will never ever be able to do anything about it.

FIGHT OR FLIGHT is built into our DNA. We just have to learn how to control it for ourselves. Alot won't.... Sooo, that is why there are people that will have to do it for you.

ZERO Panic and more sensibility would mean, Less Casualties, Less lawsuits...etc etc.

Now I am just babbling....DONE..... You get it...Don't you???

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
So if its really the case that the quakes have shortened the day, how much time has been changed over history that has not been recorded by NASA? and what effect would that have on say the Mayan Calender? Im sure there have been many 8.8 or there about quakes in the past, so has anyone considered what difference this may have had? just my thoughts on it. :0)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I remember reading that the Chinese 3 Gorges Dam being filled had caused a rotational wobble that had lengthened the day microscopically.
I realise that Chile has earthquakes regularly, but China is not far off being exactly on the other side of the planet, antipodes, to Chile, so perhaps this big quake was evening it out? As you have no doubt guessed, I know nothing about seizmology...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join