It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird phone call from 000-000-0000

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady
This probablly isn't anything. I was wondering if anyone else had a phone call that said name unavailable from the phone number 000-000-0000. Or is it just showing that number because the name is unavailable?

I remember other times when the name was unavailable, but it showed an actual number.

Yes, I did answer the phone, and said hello. All I heard was a click, and what sounded like a steady static more like a white background noise. Waited a little bit longer to see if anything else happen. I hung up, and set the phone down. Then I heard a little hissing noise, and nothing. I picked up the phone, pressed the talk button, heard the regular dial tone, and hung up again.

As I said, it was probablly nothing, but really weird. Asking one more time, anyone else have a similar experience?

I actually had something similar to happen to me, but it was actually during the school day so i didnt answer the call a few months ago....

posted on Apr, 6 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I read this thread like 1 or 2 days ago and today I just got a call from 0000.

I'm not sure if that was the whole number as I was sortof rushed to answer it but it was definitely displayed on the screen as "Overseas Call. 0000"

When I answered there was only multiple steady beeps. Then I hung up because it seemed to be going nowhere and was like "oh damn maybe I should have stayed on longer" so it could do it's magic to me

Have no idea what that call was all about. Will see if google can tell me

edit: seems to be spammers/scam artists making calls through 0000.
edit on 6/4/2011 by nightrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

The thing about this that wierds me out is if its a telemarketer or scammer, than how come they aren't selling me their scam via phone? How come no one says anything on the other end?
Peace,
Marriah

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by marriah3330

I googled and found that federal governments also have this number 000-000-0000, FBI, I know unbelievable right, Ill try and find the source again.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
It's usually from telemarketers, collection agencies or those super annoying calls that start out with the horn of a boat telling you you won a trip or something.

I get that # on my phone about once a month and it usually people trying to sell me something. I don't bother to answer it any more.

There are millions of hits on Google for the number.

www.google.ca...:en-GB
fficial&client=firefox-a

I recently heard (don't remember where) that if you get one of those call and press the # button a few times, it will knock your number out of their automated phone base. I tried it, and actually don't get them as much anymore. Use to, every day there would be a blank message on the home phone but it's been a couple of months now and they seem to have stopped. You do have to answer the phone, but just press the # like 5 or 6 times.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join