It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bomb alert in Worcester city centre

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Bomb alert in Worcester city centre

www.worcesternews.co.uk

A CONTROLLED explosion has been carried out on a suspect package found in a city centre building.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well i would of posted this much earlier if i hadn't been messed about by the police, i was on my way to college via sansome walk and was stopped by the police on a bike, nogo area, loads of fire engines, police and bomb squads and loads of people walking around.

So i get half way to college and have to walk all the way back home.

This is a very rare incident which hardly ever happens on this scale, literally hundreads of people evacuated, still no news on what is was exactly which they found.

www.worcesternews.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
ZING!!

ATS Faster then the MSM once more!! well done

on another point who the hell would want to bomb Worcester!!!???

I mean is there actually anything there??

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Dont know but the radio just said it was an actual bomb

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

I think they invented my favourite sauce! Somebody must not like me very much

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Weird.....I had the same thing a few weeks ago, we had a bomb scare in the Doncaster city center, It was dealt with pretty easily but still a bomb scare is a pretty bizzare thing to see right on your doorstep still.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Whilst your here get on chat

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Damm , IRA ??? Internal ?? That woulda been crazy , did you hear them blow it up at all, stay safe bro ,love the avatar too !!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

No, nobody was allowed in the area, probaly would of got accused of terrorism even if i did try to film it D:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I was nervous for a second because I work in the center of Worcester.....but then I realized that the alert was in the UK, and not Massachusetts, USA.

I still hope EOD will be able to take care of any explosive devices without anyone getting harmed.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
That's too weird. I'm glad everyone was ok though. Is there still an army barracks in Worcester? Could there be a link to army barracks elsewhere? Don't flame me...I'm just thinking out loud.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Sir, that is THE most entertaining avatar i have ever seen. Awesome.

I can't say why but it just is. I am laughing my @$$ off here at work.

Well done.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I havnt even heard of this yet. In the city center you say? Anything of note in proximity? I.e. Police station's e.t.c.
Or maybe just a busy shoping area, im sure, and I dont want to imply anything, but I remmember reading how the IRA may be acting up again.
Wonder if it's related? Or just another idiot, like that person from Exeter a few year's back..?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

It was in a county coucil building near a magistrates court

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
All is well

PEOPLE are beginning to return to their homes and businesses after a bomb scare in Worcester city centre earlier today. Bomb disposal teams carried out a controlled explosion inside County House on St Mary's Street, after hundreds of people in the area were evacuated by police and fire crews.

WorcesterNews

So they found something and blew it up, but seems as said like a scare.

Glad all are well.

Elf.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

A County Council building. Someone with a vendetta against Worcestershire council perhap's?
Near a Magistrate's Court.. I wonder who may have been on trail there today..?
Hmm. Have to find out more info.

[edit on 2/3/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Video and article here mate:

www.worcesternews.co.uk...

Hope everyone is ok.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Check out this comment from my last link

molecat wrote: Once again the police are acting like idiots. They've brought the city centre to a standstill no doubt, as MrStJohns says, for someones' lunchbox! Al Qaeda ain't going to blow up an office building in Worcester.

Classic!!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
ZING!!

ATS Faster then the MSM once more!! well done

HaHa! Well said!

It was planted/ just a government excuse to plant fear mongering into society, don't fall for it!

To be fair the bomb squad/police and putting fear into innocent society individual's and BS about terrorism when THEIR the perpetrators behind the event. "Just taking the order from my Srgt". Yeah yeah its not like your gonna be aware what your top official's devious plans are for society. Wink wink*

[edit on 2-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BomSquad
I was nervous for a second because I work in the center of Worcester.....but then I realized that the alert was in the UK, and not Massachusetts, USA.

I still hope EOD will be able to take care of any explosive devices without anyone getting harmed.

What would you need to be nervous of/ your in a building surrounded by four walls and plenty of coverage from an explosion. Its not like you need to worry an awful lot like what the lads are for this country do on a daily basis like the job i did year's ago as a Royal Engineer for The British Armed Forces patrolling roads with very little coverage knowing that there's always a threat awaiting especially a civillian holding a device near a road with an undeground I.E.D waiting to go off just as walking/driving down that road then you have more than every right to fear a bomb going off. I wouldn't fear an explosion whilst sitting at my office desk. If it happens, it happens, you just have to look forward to recovering from it and get out as many people from the wreckages as possible that would be my anxiety for the people.

top topics

join