It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cosmic Event over Hungary & Slovakia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I found this while doing my nightly browse around the Internet, I clicked on the RSOE EDIS page, the incident was flashing like they do for recent or huge events, here is what is being reported in the details.

People in parts of North Hungary and in Slovakia have experienced unusual sound and light phenomena on Sunday night. The rhythmically repeating sound and light occurrences were heard and seen in the large area from Kassa to Záhogy, but the majority of observations were registered in the Ózd, Kazincbarcika, Miskolc and Putnok area. According to people's descriptions, authorities thought it was a meteor shower, but the area over these phenomena were experienced is too large and no craters have been found neither. Furthermore, people saw a white light, but the light that can be seen at the time of a meteor shower is red. Another possible explanation is that it was an unusual meteorological event, similar to Polar Lights, but that is never accompanied by any sound. As the explanations above do not seem reasonable, it is also possible that it was an UFO. The Disaster Management is still investigating and looking for people who have witnessed this mysterious phenomena.

Video

At first I thought it was just a Meteor shower, but the flashes continue for some time, and the reports of Rhythmically repeating sound? I have never heard of anything but a sonic boom or explosion with Meteor showers, my audio is not working so I am not sure there is sound to the Video.

I thought it interesting anyway, and thought I would share, the word UFO ids used in the details, thats why it's in this forum, but I got a hint of sarcasm in the description.

Can anyone else shed some light on this?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I was curious and wanted to see the video but I couldn't get it or any of them at the site to play. I'm on a slower broadband connection out in the woods so if they take a long time to buffer and load I may not have waited long enough. Is it posted on ytube yet?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I saw this on the same site, late last night. The video just looks like sheet lighting but can't be as it was over such a wide area (north Hungary and Slovakia) and had the strange sound accompanying it.

I was hoping there would be a situation update today to give some thoughts on what it may have been but there's nothing on the RSOE website.

Anyone else have any ideas because I really don't have a clue what it could be.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I couldn't get it to play in firefox for whatever reason but it played in IE. Just a night time video of a city street where the sky lights up a couple times like when a meteorite burns up in the sky.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I think it could have been aurora borealis they are close enough to the pole that if it was "very" active could be seen from Hungary. They can also produce just white flashes does not always have to be colorful.

Coloured and white flashing lights in the atmosphere north of the Arctic Circle. The lights are the result of the ionization of atmospheric molecules, at low temperatures, by solar and cosmic radiation. This phenomenon also occurs in the Antarctic, where it is termed Aurora Australis
Source
as for the sound

he northern lights attract millions of people. Ever since aurora has been seen there have been people able to hear their sounds. It is not known where the sounds come from. There is no accepted theory which can approve and explain or disprove crackling, rustling, and swishing sounds that are sometimes heard in connection with aurora. There are even doubts about the existance of these sounds. Here we describe the auroral sounds and introduce some of the most popular theories that explain them. Most probably we will not know the right answer so soon. Scientists of northern lights are just too busy with the ionosphere where the lights originate, the Earth mangetosphere where the charged particles that create aurora are accelerated, and the solar wind that drives the whole thing
Source IMOP just northern lights

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hungary is not that close to the polar circle, so i don't think that this was aurora.
Very interesting, this whole situation...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
i think its lightning , need more visuals of it, interesting tho, star

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join