It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Tahir ul-Qadri's Fatwa against Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Islamic scholar Tahir ul-Qadri to issue terrorism fatwa

Dr. Tahir ul-Qadri is releasing a 600-page fatwa ruling against terrorism. He's rather influential, and his fatwa is more than just a ruling, but a breakdown of the claims made by Al-Qaeda recruiters, and of the organisation itself. It condemns the killing of the innocent, and suicide bombing. It is being eagerly awaited by Islamic leaders and security staff.

From Wikipedia:

Muhammad Tahir ul-Qadri (Urdu: محمد طاہر القادری) (born February 19, 1951) is an Islamic Scholar from Pakistan. Tahir ul Qadri is the founding leader of Minhaj ul Qur'an International, a worldwide organisation whose stated aim is the establishment of unity and understanding between communities, and education for the young in the classical Islamic sciences for the promotion of peace. He is also founder of the Minhaj Welfare Foundation which is for the provision of welfare for the needy and of the Minhaj International University based in Lahore. Tahir-ul-Qadri is also the founding chairman of the political party Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT). His multilingual skills have made him prominent amongst Muslim scholars as he is fluent in Urdu, Punjabi, English, Arabic, and is learned in Persian and Hindi. He is the student of Qudwat-ul-Awliya Sayyidna Tahir Allauddin Al Qadri Al Gillani and remained under his guidance for 25 years.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This is great. It is good to see moslems speaking out about the evil people following Islam. I do hope he makes a difference. He can at least counter the "cheap shot" of Islamophobia labelling that some evil use as defence.

T

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

I saw a clip on the news this morning... i hope it makes a difference but somehow i think the Radicals/Funamentalists will just carry on as usual...

Tomorrow there will be a bomb blast in Pakistan... the day after there will be a bomb blast in Iraq... the day after that there will be arrests made in conjunction with terror plots against the British people... after that there will be one against the American people.... it just keeps going on day after day, week after week... month after month.... year after year....

Do we get anywhere?

NO!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Baby steps mate... baby steps. It has to start somewhere. Maybe this is it. Who knows.... I think if we all resign to futility, that's all that will ever be achieved.

But I understand what you are saying.

IRM

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

If no one tries to end the cycle of violence we can be assured it will continue unabated. The world needs people like this, and attempts like this, if we are to even attempt to end the bloodshed.

As InfaRedMan said, it's baby steps. The thing about this fatwa is, it spells out to the non-radicalised Muslims that might have not had an issue with suicide bombings and the killings of innocents (but not committed such acts themselves) that such actions are in direct contradiction to their religion, denying the recruiters their prospective recruits, and drawing condemnation from those same people.

The only thing that can stop Islamic terrorism is Islam. Though a more sane foreign policy throughout the western world will also help alleviate the issues Al Qaeda et al. are fighting for, removing the fuel from their fire.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I doubt you'll find anyone speaking against terror being called "Islamophobic". The people called that are usually also making derogatory comments about Islam, or calling for some ridiculous neo-Nazi-esque tactics against all followers.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

ok, maybe i jumped the gun.... i agree... and hope this will end the violence or at least make people think before joining any radical group!!

new topics

top topics

join