It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY ACORN office gets what it deserved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Source

Hopefully that link works, if not here's just a few of the many headlines:

Advice to Fake Pimp Was No Crime, Prosecutor Says via NY Times.

Brooklyn DA: No criminality caught on ACORN video via AP.

NY prosecutor clears U.S. liberal group ACORN workers via Reuters.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

While it's apparent that they didn't do anything illegal, it's certain that they did something wrong.

The problem was with the evidence collected. The video evidence probably wasn't able to be used in court as it was obtained illegally and it's basically entrapment.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It appears to be California's turn...

Evidence obtained by Brown tells a somewhat different story, however, as reflected in three videotapes made at ACORN locations in California. One ACORN worker in San Diego called the cops. Another ACORN worker in San Bernardino caught on to the scheme and played along with it, claiming among other things that she had murdered her abusive husband. Her two former husbands are alive and well, the Attorney General's report noted. At the beginning and end of the Internet videos, O'Keefe was dressed as a 1970s Superfly pimp, but in his actual taped sessions with ACORN workers, he was dressed in a shirt and tie, presented himself as a law student, and said he planned to use the prostitution proceeds to run for Congress. He never claimed he was a pimp.

California Attorney General Press Release

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
California Attorney General Edmund G. Brown Jr.

What do you expect from ex Governor moon beam.

He's a democrat running for governor again.

He needs groups like acorn to get elected.

ACORN

See also: Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now

Throughout his tenure as Governor of California, Brown repeatedly singled out the embattled liberal political organization, ACORN, for praise, saying, "[I]n this job I spend my time calling on that same network of community organizers that has been there right along…When I talk to people about community programs, I want to talk to the people from ACORN and Fair Share and Mass Advocacy -- all the community groups that I've known over a period of years." [8]

In June 2001, Brown, as mayor of Oakland, worked closely with both ACORN and ACORN Housing on an anti-predatory lending campaign called "Don't Borrow Trouble."

The June 2008 Survey and Scorecard report published by ACORN gave Brown an A letter grade. The report was published to shine the spotlight on state attorney generals "leading the fight to protect homeowners from joining the flood of Americans losing their homes to foreclosure," so says the group.
ACORN official David Lagstein, speaking to the East County Democrat club on October 15 about the California Attorney General Jerry Brown's investigation, seemed to suggest the fix was in. [12] He assured supporters, saying, "The attorney general is a political animal, but certainly every bit of the communication we have had with them has suggested that the fault will be found with the people that did the video and not the people with ACORN." [13]

ballotpedia.org...

Edmund G. Brown Jr is just another politician that can be bought.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Brown is doing the same thing his buddies in the WH house are doing when it comes to groups like ACORN and New Black PAnthers , and just sweeping it under the rug. Because as ANNED points out whether they are called ACORN now or not he needs their voter fraud to get elected. Any politician that openly still supports them has 0 credibility, not that ANY politicain has any credibility, but doubly so ACORN apologists.

new topics

top topics

join