It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographer captures amazing images of lions after submerging himself in watering hole for three mo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wildlife photographer Greg du Toit was so determined to capture the perfect image of wild lions drinking he sat submerged in their watering hole for three months.

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

Amazing pictures captured. Makes me wonder if the tapeworm he acquired was worth it tho?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Great images captured. However, I would not go as far as he did no matter what the cost.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Persephone1

Agreed. I was a bit nervous just looking at those animals eyes and the killer instinct stare. Could not imagine being there in real time, prolly would have crapped on myself.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

The lions won't go in deep water, by instinct. They sit on the very edge of the watering hole and drink what they can at the shoreline. One of Africa's greatest predators lies in wait, in most watering holes, and it has very sharp teeth.

Very rarely does a lion ever go into water, from it's feline phobia of water to it's protective instinct against waterborne predators. So he was fairly safe from the lions, in that water, but I wonder how he made sure there wasn't a croc under his ass every time he went in.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

So he was fairly safe from the lions, in that water, but I wonder how he made sure there wasn't a croc under his ass every time he went in.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very nice--photog has balls of steel.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Wonderful photos. But what strikes me is the stamina and will that allowed us to view these animals up close. It's people like this that make life a little more flavorful.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Great photos! what dedication. I'm assuming that the paricites n bacteria and viri were an after thought. Seems to me that these pics could have been obtained by some sort of remote rig setup and maintained from the hotel in downtown Kenya, but yeah he was probably safer in the water hole. just amazing to say the least.

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Props to the photographer!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Great photos! But the photographer could have taken better precautions. He could have worn a dry-suit, taken medication etc.

I have had bilharzia twice - it is not fun when you start urinating bright red blood.

I was in Kruger National Park last week ... with a middle of the range older digital camera and very little experience I was able to take some great pics.

Take a look at some I uploaded.

top topics

join