It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flashing Light In The Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hello everyone, So last night at around 9.10p.m I was heading out to eat with my girlfriend and as I'm driving there was a big flash in the sky. The sky literally turn an aqua blue color, my girlfriend got so scared she was like WTF was that? I'm sure the other people on the road saw it. after that happened two cop cars made a U-turn heading into the direction of the light, the cops didn't turn on their lights or anything.

The sky was very clear, there were not clouds obviously cause the moon was very visible and so were the stars. I live in MIAMI, FLORIDA by the way. I'm kind of hoping someone has a little more info on this.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm thinking this might be of some of help, or at least somewhere to start?

(2001 PT9) Flyby

Also, compare what you saw on youtube. Do a search for "meteor south africa".

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thunder, Lightning? Did it leave a residue in the sky? Did it look like afterburn from a Jet? Did you hear a sound?

sorry for all the questions but sometimes lighting has the same effects.

Fox

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Was it on the horizon? If so, probably a substation just went belly up.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

Nothing, I called my brother to check the weather online and it said clear askies 10% chance of rain, also there was no sound

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Nothing, I called my brother to check the weather online and it said clear askies 10% chance of rain, also there was no sound

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

That's what I'd put my money on.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Yeah I agree, I have seen this several times myself. They will light things up like daylight for several seconds. It would also explain the police turning around as they most likely got calls to head to intersections that lost power.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Perhaps it was a meteor?
Some times they burn up with a really bright flash that can turn night into day for a second or two.

Edit: To add video

[edit on 1-3-2010 by ShadowLink]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
What we saw it wasn't for sure lightning nor a meteor. It was as if it was an explosion in the sky. The whole part of the sky we were able to see while driving light up, what's more weird is that it couldn't have been an outage cause going that way it is impossible to get there cause there is no roads just train tracks, trees and a few miles down from that is the miami int airport

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MetalCoffeeL

Brother, It was the same light i saw, just without the big ball of light coming down. but the lighting it was the same one big flash and than another instantaneously. same color.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Same aqua green or aqua blue color, but not red or yellow.

top topics

join