It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am more than convinced of this New Phenomenon being real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I talk about this as sensitive as I can be ( Hint: I'm not normally known for Sentiment ) but day after day I am confronted with people I know who are intellectual suddenly start to lose their intelligence. Almost as if they are completely different people and who cannot recognize or admit to the fact they are doing and saying dumb things.

In simple and plain words....The People are dumbing down like its an auto response to something.

Am I seeing things ? is it just me ? or am I the one who is going crazy ?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth
... day after day I am confronted with people I know who are intellectual suddenly start to lose their intelligence.

The People are dumbing down like its an auto response to something.

I'm starting to wonder if there is something in the water supply or possibly the population is being programmed with subliminal control messaging via TV.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have heard that the HAARP Project emits a wave that has the capacity to do this in a good sized population.

+37 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzroth

Nope.

They are not getting stupider, they are demoralized, ideologically subverted - the people receive so much conflicting information that they do not know what to believe.

I dislike it very much.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
You may not be seeing things.

These are stress-full times. And stress has a way of befuddling even the most intelligent.

It might be said that the dis-order induced by unrelenting stress would be expected to reveal its most profound impact on the most ordered of minds; so that the more intelligent one is under normal circumstnces, the more susceptable one might be expected to be to the disorder caused by our increasingly chaotic times.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Your right Mazzroth, ..... your going crazy.

In fact this is not a computer, ... it is just an empty cardboard box, you put plastic wrap over it and drew some pictures of dinosaurs with a magic marker.

everyone else is just humoring you.

I feel like I'm the one whos been getting dumb this last week. But dumb for me is still practicaly genius.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Do these said People you know happen to watch alot of Television by any chance ? Did you ever see any of them Reading a Book lately ? Are their Musical Tastes on the somewhat Modern Contemporary side ? Do they ever make comments of a Political Nature , and if not , dosen't that make you personally unnerved if they don't ? If the answer is yes to at least 2 of my posed questions here , then more than likely they are now slowly turning into " Sheeple " , and may God help their Souls..............

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I am convinced more and more that this commercial was more of a "rub it in moment" than a satirical tidbit. Media is behind the dumbing down. I would bet my right hand on it. No need for HAARP when entertainment is so widely available. Take a look at the commercial and think about the evil villain in movies right before he is about to achieve his goal. He tells the plan, plain and simple. Hopefully in this movie (life) the good guy will win like he usually does.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Maybe its the reverse. You have become more aware, more awake, and can recognise how 'stupid' or ignorant others are now sounding.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by xfiler

i agree with xfiler here.

yes people are being dumbed down but you are becoming more aware and so you can notice the process.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2theC
reply to post by xfiler

i agree with xfiler here.

yes people are being dumbed down but you are becoming more aware and so you can noticed the process.

I think I will have to watch Idiocracy again so I feel better.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
Do these said People you know happen to watch alot of Television by any chance ? Did you ever see any of them Reading a Book lately ? Are their Musical Tastes on the somewhat Modern Contemporary side ? Do they ever make comments of a Political Nature , and if not , dosen't that make you personally unnerved if they don't ? If the answer is yes to at least 2 of my posed questions here , then more than likely they are now slowly turning into " Sheeple " , and may God help their Souls..............
Well said, would like to add....that I have noticed that my neighbors never stand in the yard much or stop to watch the sunset. Im so glad I quit watching TV so much,I do keep an eye on the news. Alot of folks around here do depressaints like beer....its sad.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Whether or not you want to believe that CO2 has an adverse effect on the global weather, it does have the same effect on people that I hear constant complaints about on the net. Mainly I have been hearing folks complain of feeling tired, lethargic, and not as sharp as normal:

CO2 Poisoning
Carbon dioxide content in fresh air (averaged between sea-level and 10 hPa level, i.e. about 30 km altitude) varies between 0.036% (360 ppm) and 0.039% (390 ppm), depending on the location. Prolonged exposure to moderate concentrations can cause acidosis and adverse effects on calcium phosphorus metabolism resulting in increased calcium deposits in soft tissue. Carbon dioxide is toxic to the heart and causes diminished contractile force. Toxicity and its effects increase with the concentration of CO2, here given in volume percent of CO2 in the air:

* 1% can cause drowsiness with prolonged exposure.
* At 2% it is mildly narcotic and causes increased blood pressure and pulse rate, and causes reduced hearing.
* At about 5% it causes stimulation of the respiratory centre, dizziness, confusion and difficulty in breathing accompanied by headache and shortness of breath. In addition at this concentration panic attacks may occur.
* At about 8% it causes headache, sweating, dim vision, tremor and loss of consciousness after exposure for between five and ten minutes.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b5785667e823.png[/atsimg]

The concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has reached a record high, according to the latest figures, renewing fears that climate change could begin to slide out of control. Scientists at the Mauna Loa observatory in Hawaii say that CO2 levels in the atmosphere now stand at 387 parts per million (ppm), up almost 40% since the industrial revolution and the highest for at least the last 650,000 years. The figures, published by the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on its website, also confirm that carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas, is accumulating in the atmosphere faster than expected. The annual mean growth rate for 2007 was 2.14ppm - the fourth year in the last six to see an annual rise greater than 2ppm. From 1970 to 2000, the concentration rose by about 1.5ppm each year, but since 2000 the annual rise has leapt to an average 2.1ppm.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c519eb93ce3.png[/atsimg]

Now if this is what is happening to folks I cannot say for certain, but I only seem to hear people arguing about the increase in CO2's effect on the weather, I never see it mentioned about its effects on the health of the world population.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I spend quite a bit of time with younger people on a daily basis and see the effects even moreso there - they care for little outside of their immediate lives. If it does not impact on them directly - in a positive way - then it is irrelevant to them.

The materialistic society is growing and all that matters is appearance, possessions and money - issues and ideas are unimportant to the average person's outlook on life.

I am just grateful I have found some fellow free thinkers here.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
It's the calculator effect. People did far less math in their heads when the calculator became mainstream. Think about it, your parents/grandparents could do long math in their heads, you can't, you grab the calculator or use dead-reckoning.

What happened for Math is happening for Info. Search engines and news sites produce Info bites as fact. It removes the need to derive info from content or context, it short-cuts the process of thinking. Today when you ask people for opinions, they repeat Info bites seen online. The conversations today are very different from conversations you would have had 20 years ago.

More info, but far less understanding of the info. "Brawndo, it's got what plants crave, it's got electrolytes."

btw - Same thinking that drives the population to an ideocracy scenario is the thinking that CO2 is a poison gas. Plants actually do crave CO2. You exhale CO2, maybe we should tax or ban gyms, joggers and bikers for CO2 production. Water vapor is a far greater contributor of global warming than CO2, and warming reduces water vapor. Cloudy nights are far warmer than clear nights. Al Gore and the army of women with unshaven legs is creating a world of idiots.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Dbriefed]

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

When society values sports & movie stars more than scientists and learning, this is going to happen. Mike Judge hit the nail on the head with his movie "Idiocracy".

reply to post by Violater1

Nonsense. That is pure, 100%, unadulterated baseless conjecture of the highest grade.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

So True , very few people just stop and " Smell the Roses " nowadays because it seems the Goverment and their ever constant use of the phrase " War On Terror " keep them in a constant state of stress . But that's their Idea , right ? .....

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

i dunno man....I don't really think about terrorists that much, and I don't know many people who do. I have the occasional discussion on ats about terrorists in one way or another, but it never comes down to actually worrying about them. I mean is anyone seriously on edge about that ?

I don't see people dumbing down....it's all relative...I think people learn whatever skills they need to survive within their environment. Some societies nowadays are ideal for lazy or "unintelligent" people. When in fact they know what they need to know. They know what the latest generic song is, or what happens in every new movie that comes out, or other things that we end up, needing to know in 21st century society. These kind of dumb facts will keep you from being a social outcast in some circles, but thats not everyone...

People are still playing chess, discussing literature and art, they are discussing all kinds of things. I'm rambling...did I miss the point of this thread?

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Defcon...you remember this thread of mine?

Everyone is tired, and no one knows why

Well... add your theory into that.....

Any kind of slight change could have a reaction.

Now thats something to think about.....

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
It's Chemtrails. They spray us from above with what they want.

And there is nothing you can do about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join