It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rainbow cloud over Thailand 2-28-10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
www.rumormillnews.com...

I just want to pass this information along to either support or be used to debunk rainbow colored clouds as precursors to earthquake events. I do not know the authenticity of the picture presented, but I do find interesting correlation between the rainbow effects in the sky and earthquakes. We are here to deny ignorance...so let us see if our ignorance in this matter proves either way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/82c080d87861.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Thats actually an optical phenomena called iridescence

The link below explains how it occurs. If you need anything else, let me know

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It's a sun dog.
I see those all the time.
They're pretty, but I don't think they're a harbinger of doom or anything.
It's like a small slice of rainbow.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well if that is a sign of an imminent earthquake, or something. ... I'm pretty screwed! I've been seeing thoses rainbow clouds around me for 1 month... lol!

Honestly, I don't think there is any link to the earthquakes,etc

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Well, maybe, maybe not. Let's hope not. But...they do look suspiciously like what's being described that precedes an earthquake.

(OMG, I'm starting to think like an ATS person!).

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It may be a sun dog but any earthquake that follows in the next few days will prove what it was.

To me it looks like a giant cyclon raider that did a super FTL jump from the cylon colony.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Guys, its not a sundog

This is a sundog

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b931780d508.jpg[/atsimg]

Its more likely to be a partial cirumhorizontal halo...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9368b67b0e2b.jpg[/atsimg]

or iridescence like I stated earlier

[edit on 28/2/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

It's obviously HAARP.

EQL ("Earthquake Light") which is somewhat common during seismic activity has been reported since antiquity. I think many people see these during before, during, and after earthquakes and decide to call them clouds, which is understandable.

One theory suggests that these lights are caused by electronic fields created piezoelectricity by the tectonic plate movement of rocks that contain large quantities of quartz.

en.wikipedia.org...

As far as the OP picture ... OzWeatherman called that one.

[edit on 1-3-2010 by Nurv47]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Not to poop any parties here but I posted this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/3846e60761bab311.jpg[/atsimg]

In this thread yesterday and neformore deduced it was a circumhorizontal arc.

Of course OzWeatherman is resident meteorologist amongst us and so perhaps it is iridescence.

This photo was taken by me and seen by 9 other people who are friends.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Interesting though that Rayong is in or south of Thailand. Or are you saying that the picture I posted in the OP is yours? If not maybe this is a local phenomena.

BTW I'm not knocking meteorologists opinions or any scientific opinions, but if I approached everything as scientific. I would deduce that there is always an understandable explanation and theory for everything. Yes it could very well be some natural event and probably is...that does not stop the non tainted mind from hypothesizing other possibilities.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oz has it right,
This is a good example to compare, although the sun is more prominent in the feature in this pic, the same effect can be seen if the sun is more "distant"

www.atoptics.co.uk...

Earthquake lights cause/s are a matter of debate, but are accepted finally scientifically as being caused by Earthquakes. Some say a piezo effect by the squeezing of quartz crystals in rock, others say that it is an Earthquake generated, electromagnetic effect on the Ionisphere...ironically if that is the case, it would be the same effect as a super HAARP effect, and if so, it may be impossible to tell a super HAARP attack from a naturally caused Earthquake, maybe even a duplication of lights! Edit to add, for m0r1arty, the Circumhorizontal arc would show colours more defined at the edges, it's still iridescence though.

Apologies to Oz, missed your same link..I already had it in favourites!

[edit on 28-2-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Hey ExPostFacto,

Nope that picture is not mine but I am glad that someone else snapped a picture of one in Thailand. Mine predates it by 2 days but the photograph will have been taken around noon as that is what creates the conditions for it to occur.

There is valid evidence that in some occasions the sky alters colour prior to an Earthquake and the more evidence we get the more we can bin until we get down to the nuts and bolts of it - so please don't think I'm knocking your contribution. the more the merrier.

Rayong is sort of bang on in the middle of Thailand. It's a port town which supplies many islands with their stock (particularly Samet). The photo I got was between Samet and Rayong, whilst on the water.

It seems some areas of the world are more likely to generate this effect. It's pretty if nothing else

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

I've never seen a sun dog with that many colors. The ones I see are yellow/orange.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Where was the position of the sun when you took the photo? It's strange how only a portion of the cloud is refecting a rainbow effect.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

As OzWeatherman pointed out it is likely not a sundog. The sundog is the only type of strange phenomena I have seen personally, so I just assumed.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

If you read the post I linked to I stated it was about 12:30 on Friday 26th of February 2010 travelling from Koh Samet to Rayong, Thailand by speedboat. The sun was almost directly overhead and we were looking back South and the cloud was at about 20 degrees from the normal of our position on the water. It remained that way the entire journey (about 15-20 mins) and was sometimes stronger in colour of brighter, and sometimes not as much, it fluctuated but not at a rapid pace.

We only noticed it casually and thought it a pretty aerial phenomenon and didn't spend much time trying to disect what was (to 2 scientists and a photographer) an obvious prism made somehow through water acting as a medium.

I only mentioned it yesterday because some people were going nuts about sky colour and Earthquakes but I thought it to be a common enough spectacle.

Hope this help!

-m0r

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thanks for the details. I thought you were going to say the sun was over head. The sundogs seem to appear when the sun is near the horizon and these rainbow types appear when the sun is overhead. In any event, Thailand did not experience an earthquake after you saw that rainbow phenomena in the cloud.

I will still be on edge if I see one in the sky in my area. Enough people on this site have convinced me that these clouds have been precursers to earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
News report from Asia reports of a quake of mag.5.4 in Myanmar. 2319GMT 13th Mar 2010. Depth 105km. Myanmar is Thailand's northern neighbour.

Thailand lies on firmer ground of the Eurasian tectonic plate, but Myanmar which also lies on the Eurasian plate, is closer to the action between the Eurasian and Indian plate.

No report of damages...yet.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We see these all the time in NM.

They're called sun dogs and they are always equidistant from the sun in the same location...

Some are normal, some are not; heck there is no normal anymore its a
time of great change.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
HAARP for sure.

I personaly think that the earthquake was man made. just for Obama to get to be a Hero, There is a device called H.A.A.R.P research it, its able to create billions of watts of electricity and basically control weather and create holograms in the sky like this one------

is this really a Russian Rocket ??? you deicde, p.s look at the blue tail, years before i read on a blog that this will happen, via the blue beam project research it... and it has starting.... See More
www.youtube.com...

IF oyu are really interested in "PROJECT BLUE BEAM" watch this video its highly educational, there is actual scientific evidence in the video not just some amateur bluu#.,
www.youtube.com...

, there is a lot about to come our way, think what yall want i can make up my own mind, i jsut wish more people were open minded and DONT NEED YOUR TV TO TELL YOU WHATS GOIN ON> they all lie we know that, so be aware.

H.A.A.R.P can create earthquakes, and it is a mission for the projrect blue beam to do so.This video below i found a LAdy filmed some unusal colourfull looking clouds before the China 2008 earthquakes, looks like something was being charged up there.

30 mins before earthquake,
www.youtube.com...
... See More
10mins before,.
www.youtube.com...

MOre info on waht HAARP does, for the skeptics.
www.youtube.com...

ANd more IF you have heard about the legendary NIKOLA TESLA well hes the inventor of our electricity.AMerica USed him.
www.youtube.com...

Watch them, before attacking me please

new topics

top topics

join