It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Current Solar Data?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To the Sun Watchers:

Apologies if this has been posted, I did do a search for keywords and wasn't able to locate this as a thread.

Current Solar Data

Side Note:

They also offer a widget of sorts that you can add to your website that updates every 10 minutes.

Looks like this: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68de97dda0e6.jpg[/atsimg]

Scroll to the bottom of of this link for the code: HTML Code

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is a NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center that give alert, etc via email. I had join the list a couple of years ago and it wasn't until recently I saw the first data coming from that system and probably the source data for that widget.

I thought it was be cool to get some kind of warning if we are getting bombarded by x-rays or radiation from the sun, but after looking closer it seems there is only a 8 minute delay from something happening on sun until it reaches earth, which is not much advanced notice. The notification system only updates every 5 minutes and the delay thru email probably make the actual notification much shorter.

The reason I had become interested with this data was the disturbance of FM radio at certain times thru the solar cycle. Unfortunately I was not able to correlate the timing of the disturbance with the periods of heavy solar activity.

I've been looking at the space weather data for a couple of months now, and the number of sunspots has dropped off to near zero recently. The prediction is sunsport activity will increase thru the end of cycle 24.

join