It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Current Solar Data?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To the Sun Watchers:

Apologies if this has been posted, I did do a search for keywords and wasn't able to locate this as a thread.

Current Solar Data

Side Note:

They also offer a widget of sorts that you can add to your website that updates every 10 minutes.

Looks like this: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68de97dda0e6.jpg[/atsimg]

Scroll to the bottom of of this link for the code: HTML Code

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
There is a NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center that give alert, etc via email. I had join the list a couple of years ago and it wasn't until recently I saw the first data coming from that system and probably the source data for that widget.

I thought it was be cool to get some kind of warning if we are getting bombarded by x-rays or radiation from the sun, but after looking closer it seems there is only a 8 minute delay from something happening on sun until it reaches earth, which is not much advanced notice. The notification system only updates every 5 minutes and the delay thru email probably make the actual notification much shorter.

The reason I had become interested with this data was the disturbance of FM radio at certain times thru the solar cycle. Unfortunately I was not able to correlate the timing of the disturbance with the periods of heavy solar activity.

I've been looking at the space weather data for a couple of months now, and the number of sunspots has dropped off to near zero recently. The prediction is sunsport activity will increase thru the end of cycle 24.

new topics

join