It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anarchy Working Well Sign

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The world wide web via internet is a sign that anarchy works. Discussion forums are where the sign really shows. See how discussers work together on topic of topics. The world wide web via internet is anarchy at work. Do any of you dispute this clear cut case of anarchy? You see all these individual people coming onto the internet. You see how they discuss with no one world wide web leader. Not a single person was killed via world wide web to date. Not a single person has taken down the world wide web either. Therefore anarchy is seen as something strong that can work very well. Discussion forms are likened unto tribes of anarchy that stay stablized. The outcasts of one tribe may join another tribe, is how it works on the world wide web. Sure you seen how members can be banned. One person can join more than one tribe as a way of making it.

If you cant compare the world wide web via internet to anarchy, to note the resemblence, then you are only kidding. Haha! So as long as discussion forums work out, and they do as you can see, then so can anarchy work out. Now if we can only bring this well kept form of anarchy off of the net, and bring it into the real world, things would be grand. Ha! Grand I tell you!

So if anybody tells you that anarchy can not work, just point out the world wide web, and ask them how come the world wide web is working out. Ha!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thank you for the thought provoking thread. We solve our own problems on th internet.. no government intervention required!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
Thank you for the thought provoking thread. We solve our own problems on th internet.. no government intervention required!

Exactly.

Line 2.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The reason the internet works, is mainly because everyone is anonymous and has the ability to be anything and anyone they wan't to be!

Try doing that in society where everyone knows how you look and act...

Anarchy has its pro's and con's...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The only problem is that the internet is just discussions where no person can hurt one another, so there is the impossbility of violence. There can be no harm caused while on a computer. Add to that it is not real society.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i honestly never considered it, i like the idea of anarchy but i don't think man would have been able to advance the last 200 years under the system. it has always tended to be decisive in the past as an assurance of survival often meant taking your neighbors resources by force.

now you mention it though, the net could well be the first stepping stone towards humanity creating unity through anarchy. you're right, to a large extent it works beautifully. we're still a ways off managing to reflect it in real life but it is a compelling thought. nice post Tormentations.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have to disagree. Online bullying has caused some people to shoot themselves or someone else. Pedophiles get caught via the internet on a day to day basis. And hackers constantly grab someones online identity daily as well. Moderators on this site even prove the point that there is no anarchy online. Anarchy is an alternate extreme to government which is another extreme itself. Neither one works efficiently so we have to find a moderate middle ground. Moderation in all things is key to living happily.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
its the opposite of anarchy...until discussions stop and people act...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good post.

Yes, it could work. We could make Simon our leader and the mods could be our new government until we were organized enough to elect officials from the membership.

Sounds better than what we have now doesn't?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

i agree with you, the online world is far from a utopia. there are dangerous corners but violence, bullying and pedophilia were all there before the net, they exist outside the net.

in a very wide sense, the net reflects reality in almost every way, all the pro's and con's, except it manages to function perfectly well without a central control or governance.

i think the OP has a point.

it's somewhere between anarchy and direct democracy but it might provide a good model for the next step in our social order.

[edit on 27/2/10 by pieman]

[edit on 27/2/10 by pieman]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I see what you are saying but I was trying to get the point through that it is far from anarchy. Anarchy is the lack of government. The net is patrolled daily by world governments and private enterprise. It is by far the closest to anarchy and it is widely successful but it is still a long way off. Anarchy (as much as the idea intrigues me) can never work because of human nature. Human nature comes out on the internet and thus the need for moderators to sting operations that happen on it. I agree what you say completely about it being our next step in the social order but it works like how the U.S. is supposed to. Very limited government from the federal level and the state government (site owners) maintain the control.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

The moderators can be likened unto tribe leaders.

Well instead of like state government.

There are different types of discussion forums all over the internet likened unto tribes of anarchy. Some with less restiction in their T & C than others.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

oh yeah, we're a long way off getting anything that might work well across the board and it isn't 100% anarchic. all i'm saying is, it's a nice model to start from.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Teh web over the Internets is teh revolutions!!! Yay!

This thread is funny.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This site and others like it, prove that human beings will never agree with each other on much of anything. If true anarchy were to happen, HUMANS would commence to live by the law of the jungle. The internet-Anarchy? I do not agree. This site for example, is moderated and censored... too heavily, if you ask me. And where do you see this:

"If you cant compare the world wide web via internet to anarchy, to note the resemblence, then you are only kidding. Haha! So as long as discussion forums work out, and they do as you can see, then so can anarchy work out. Now if we can only bring this well kept form of anarchy off of the net, and bring it into the real world, things would be grand. Ha! Grand I tell you!"

If you brought what you see here out to the streets, there would be bloodshed. And if everyone had to look each other in the eye and speak "Their Truth" a lot more people would STFU. Everyone is in their own separate cage on the WWW...in prison they call the loudmouths, talking # to everyone, cell gangsters.

Anarchy shouldn't be idealized, it will never work. Large populations of even animals could be argued to have forms of government. Humans, for all our supposed intelligence, are far better than any species at inflicting grievous injury upon those that disagree; and generally speaking, ignorance and brute force have always won the war...

[edit on 27-2-2010 by odd1out]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Like disagreeings on the internet... If one doesn't like a tribe for whatever reason they can move on to the next. Like to another thread if not to another discussion forum. That's what they do on the internet, correct? No one has to be killed in real life anarchy just like so by doing a thing we call moving on when you don't agree with something.

Discussion forums don't force you to become a member (likened to a citizen). That's how tribes of anarchy work! Completely unlike a government where one has no choice but to be a citizen (likened to a member) under certain specific rules.

And there are no borders on discussion forums except maybe age restrictions. I suppose many tribes of anarchy would show as to having open borders, so to speak, of the tribes themselves.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Some tribes of anarchy can be where no man is above the next, and they, the members in the tribe, are all equal.

Interesting how tribes get to be so different from each other like how discussion forums are.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
it seems anarchy, in its true sense (whatever that is!) will come about as soon as we as a people are ready for it. as things are now, we are not ready for it. if it happened overnight, yes, there would be bloodshed.
but some people on this site tend to leave their conspiracy research-acquired knowledge at the door when they post! they realise that we live in a pyramid structure imposed by a long line of power-crazed 'royals' who have been honing their art since the dawn of recent civilisation (our known history), maybe even longer, using psychology, money, contrived scarcity etc etc to keep the peasants in check, but fail to realise the evil that mankind is capable of is directly related to this imposed power structure! stealing, murdering, any person-to-person crime we can mention is a direct symptom of the have/have not society we are all subjected to. an unhappy, insecure individual is a good effing customer, and he/she is also an individual who will temporarily remedy his/her unhappiness though venting it on someone else they deem as the 'weaker'.

as soon as commerce is no longer god, people have learned to provide for themselves again, and have returned to natural-sized communities who feed themselves and each other with plenty and compassion... then we will be ready, and 'anarchy' will emerge as the natural order. with each contributing to the common goal of everyone being appreciated and content.

nice post op. and yes the internet is a good example

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It hasn't replaced any previous illusion of participation, only enhanced it. It is in the same vein that Democracy gives people the illusion of choice. Blogging gives people with average to slightly above average intelligence the idea that they are somehow contributing to the public dialogue, when in reality their regurgitated opinions are selected from a small buffet of acceptable viewpoints driven by the economic elites of our society. Consensus is manufactured; one believing that their individual political viewpoint, sans violence, is going to have a dramatic effect upon society is as ridiculous as believing that the choice between McDonalds and Burger King is worthy of philosophical treatise and long discussion.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the internet and forums are FAR from anarchic .. at the end of the day, people still run and controll everything.

forums are so far from anarchy that its not even funny ! their the mist un anarchic places you can go online.... if anything their more oppresive, as you litrely CANt say what you want to say on 99% of forums, or you will get wapped for it and maybe banned!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join