It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile - the Disaster Site or.....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hi!

I watched with interest the other week when a disgruntled tax payer flew a plane into the tax office and now I'm watching with interest all the threads about the earthquake off-shore from Chile....

Before I am flamed , some of the threads that follow are logical but...is this the Disaster Channel or ATS?

Things happen - geological events for example, and people do rash things because they are human - not everything is a conspiracy. It would appear we are creating our own religion or belief system that is not much better than some earlier ones that we knock. Or is it entertainment?

Here are the posts on the latest page;

Journalist in Chile Earthquake: When the earthquake happened "the sky was changing colors..." 1 2 3 ..4

Tsunami Warning for Hawaii *Live Stream* 1 2

MAGNITUDE 8.8 OFFSHORE MAULE, CHILE 1 2 3 ..38

3 METERS/11 FEET WAVES created by the Tsunami 1 2 3 ..12

LIVE FEED FROM HIL BAY HAWAII

7 NOAA Weather Buoys, 3 surrounding Hawaii, Not reporting Data

So many large Chile/Argentina earthquakes may indicate major thrust event

Chile Quake Caused by Tectonic movement?

The U.K. and Argentina Falkland Islands Crisis and the use of HAARP in the Chilean Quake

The quake in Chile (Prepare for occupation) 1 2

Big quake question, Is nature going crazy?

DID the emp cause Chile and Japans quakes

Earthquakes in Chile 8.8 + Japan 7.0 and 2 Tsunamis warnings and a Giant Iceberg.

And I think there were more - one about waves 120' high etc.....

Assured there are different angles but...this many threads about a natural event?

Peace!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
All the threads are in the right topic forums, so I see no problems. Conspiracy theories are abundant, this is a good thing and not a bad. Why? Because it gives the world a chance to think instead of assuming something just because the news says it. Are these disasters caused by something man-made? Probably not, I doubt it very much. But, you know what? After so many people claimed it was, I went and did my research to re-affirm my belief and learned from it all. Let people speculate, it helps others do their research instead of sitting around assuming that reports are true simply because they are reports. That's down-right naive, find the truth yourself.

The Protector

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
A wolf, somewhere, right now is crying. If you know what I mean. I am actually a victim of this "alert". 3 sources of live video at the same time is really hard to follow but I got used to it. Then the wolfs cry was just too loud to bare. My ears are ringing as we speak. All events now will be a grain of salt... Just like they planned it? Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
A wolf, somewhere, right now is crying. If you know what I mean. I am actually a victim of this "alert". 3 sources of live video at the same time is really hard to follow but I got used to it. Then the wolfs cry was just too loud to bare. My ears are ringing as we speak. All events now will be a grain of salt... Just like they planned it? Hmmm.

huh? Your post made no sense.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
yup too many conspiracies but it is interesting to read though and see what kind of crazy speculations some of these dudes come up with...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Protector

Hi!

I Have!

Peace!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Protector
All the threads are in the right topic forums, so I see no problems. Conspiracy theories are abundant, this is a good thing and not a bad. Why? Because it gives the world a chance to think instead of assuming something just because the news says it. Are these disasters caused by something man-made? Probably not, I doubt it very much. But, you know what? After so many people claimed it was, I went and did my research to re-affirm my belief and learned from it all. Let people speculate, it helps others do their research instead of sitting around assuming that reports are true simply because they are reports. That's down-right naive, find the truth yourself.

The Protector

I agree. What is disturbing to me are the number of people who moan about alternative theories presented on an alternative theory website. Critical thinking is becoming a lost art. Reading is becoming a lost art. Civility in debate is becoming a lost art. It's just knee jerk reaction and name-calling without considering what may have value.

I posted one of those threads above, The U.K. and Argentina Falkland Islands Crisis and the use of HAARP in the Chilean Quake and only got one real adding-to-the-discussion comment – the others just reaction. I didn't even say that it was what I believed happened just that it was an alternative to the natural disaster conclusion that most people have. Actually, I thought it was very well put together. But that didn't matter, I got labeled as “desperate to not live a positive life”, and “a jackal at an accident scene”

Too bad people can’t consider things outside of their viewpoint anymore.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Wave

It is the first time in human history (at least for the recorded history) that people have the ability to remotely exchange freely so much information between each other especially about life threatening events.
Does not mean that humans like to watch disaster unfold. It means that humans will explore every bit of this new ability effectively in order to ensure higher levels of their survival. That's all.

Gosh, I sound like an alien sometimes.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I hear about breaking news and I immediately go check out ATS.

There is no doubt that I will get the whole truth about the event. I can never be sure if I am being lied to on MSM.

It is a bonus for me that we cover all breaking news even though it may not be a conspiracy.

Keep that news coming.

top topics

join