It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vortex

page: 1

join
share:
arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm inclined to mistrust anything that spams my mail box twice in one hour but I just know I'm going to go ahead and read it anyhow.....

anyone else had a look at this?

Einstein�s theory of relativity is now obsolete!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Dirac's Theorem explain's everything to ... Who's to say which is right ... Experimental proof and maybe the technologies that a theory of everything would bring will help the credibilty of these's theorie's.

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
... this is complete and total BS.

Oh, yeah, I could go on about this being in the wrong forum, but I'm a man of science, so here goes.

OK, so you understand something going at 50 mph is going at, well, 50mph. What Einstein tried proving in his General Theory was that the further away from a moving object you are, the slower that object seems to be going. Here's an example I found in a book on Einstein I read:

You are on a cliff, and below you a train is passing by. You have an eyeglass, and the speed meter on the engine says "60 miles per hour." But to you, the train looks to be going only around 25. This is what Einstein's general theory was.

Now, if these so-called Russian scientists are so smart, wtf does this "vortex" crap have to do with the General Theory? Maybe they mean the Special Theory, which states:

E=mc^2

E=energy, and mc^2= mass times the speed of light squared. What it means, in laymen's terms, is that when matter goes at the speed of light squared(it could just be the speed of light, but whatever), it's mass and atoms will convert to energy. this has nothing to do with the gluing together of particles(chemistry wasn't Einstein's field, physics was), nor does it have to do with anything else in anything but physics. The Special theory lays down the line that, basically, nothing but light can go the speed of light(which is around 186,000 mph), as it would convert to energy, which light already is. it's kinda simple, but hey, it's quantum physics.

From what I looked at on that page, it was going on about gravity and such, when the Theories of Relativity have nothing to do with it. Hate to say it, but these Russians have gone off the deep end.

*PLEASE NOTE:* This is from what i remember of a bography on Einstein. I read it a few years ago, and I have no further access to it. If I am wrong in anything I have stated here, please don't bash me, cause a) my memory sucks, and b) I can't reference the book, cause if i could, i would. Thank you. *END NOTE.*

arc

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
not knocking you kid - why do you think I didn't post this in the science forum?

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ohhhhhhhhh.....

Heh, I tend to talk first and think later. lol

new topics

top topics

join