It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.0+ Earthquakes Around the World Leading up to Chile's 8.8 and More Occuring

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Countries that have had a magintude 5.0+ quake in the past 48 hours now include French Guyana, Argentina, Chile, Japan and Afghanistan, with a 4.6 in China and 4.9 in Russia. These are spaced out pretty nicely around the world!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
So are you trying to say that earthquakes are indeed linked, whether or not Earthquake A happens in Europe and Earthquake B happens on the West Coast of South America?

yes they are all linked - we all live on the same planet, remember?

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Not to mention the cluster of quakes northeast of New Zealand, Central America, Indonesia, all 5. 4.4 in Oaklahoma.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

No matter what's causing it, I am so afraid of lives being lost.... if this continues there will be more tsunamis. I can't stand the thought of what has already happened in Haiti and Chile, much less a continuum of such catastrophies....

[edit on 2/28/2010 by Psycontagious]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
this is normal u kno disaster earth quakes happen look at the yearly map of earth quakes there no different

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cronotrigger30

Yes earthquakes happen, and yes they are normal. Even weird spikes in activity are normal. Aftershocks are also normal. However, to say nearly 100+ earthquakes all above 5.0+ in a given 24 hour period is normal is just wrong. No these events aren't normal. It may be a normal predictable spike, but it certainly is not normal.

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. There's been a 4.3 in Ethiopia. a 4.8 and 4.9 in Indonesia. Add Tonga in at 4.8.

These are all quakes that would have been repiorted by the MSM had the Chile quake not been dominating headlines.

[edit on 28-2-2010 by Portugoal]

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
And a 5.1 in New Zealand!

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If you are interested in following what is going on with regards to earthquakes try this thread Quake Watch 2010

posted on Feb, 28 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

There are an average of 5-10 earthquakes between 4.0 and 5.0 every day. Why would the MSM report them? They seldom cause any damage at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
hi,
this is my first post so just bear with me.
To be honest I think with all these earthquakes happening at the same time its quite suspicious.

I think that HAARP has something to do with this because it was running at full when Haiti's earthquake struck. The earthquakes seem to be in populated places not in the middle of Africa so I think that the US government is trying to decrease the world population.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

There are an average of 5-10 earthquakes between 4.0 and 5.0 every day. Why would the MSM report them? They seldom cause any damage at all.

I constantly see the MSM reporting on Earthquakes over 5.0. They may not treat them like a big deal but they are reported. Unlike right now when any of these earthquakes were not reported.

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Maybe. But you said:

I don't know what to say. There's been a 4.3 in Ethiopia. a 4.8 and 4.9 in Indonesia. Add Tonga in at 4.8.

These are all quakes that would have been repiorted by the MSM had the Chile quake not been dominating headlines.

How many quakes of less than 5 do you see reported (slow news days don't count).

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Maybe. But you said:

How many quakes of less than 5 do you see reported (slow news days don't count).

And what about all those 5+ reported in the OP? They were never reported by the MSM...

posted on Mar, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

No damage. No injuries. The ground shook a bit. A few people report feeling it. There really are more important things going on. Do you really expect every minor earthquake to be reported by the MSM? It would really be of only local interest.
newsinfo.inquirer.net...
balita.ph...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join