It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami devastated island of Juan Fernandez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Tsunami devastated island of Juan Fernandez

www.abc.com.py

A tsunami destroyed half Juan Fernandez Island, located in the Pacific Ocean, about 600 kilometers from the Chilean short, at the height of the city of Santiago. Huge waves were triggered by an earthquake at dawn on Saturday hit Chile. The phenomenon caused huge damage.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
News is breaking in the Spanish media confirming our fears: Tsunamis have started to struck various places with different damage levels.

Apar from the Chilean Island of Juan Fernandez, French Polynesia has been hit too:

French Polynesia has just been hit by a Tsunami too. It was a relatively small one with waves of up to 2 meters. No damage has been reported yet.

The Tsunami is approaching Hawaii a bit faster than expected. U.S. military officials are saying the military is trying to access the threat of a tsunami created by the Chile Earthquake , to Hawaii in preparation to manage US military assets. Sirens have sounded in Hawaii and people are in a strong preparation for what is to happen.

The first waves were expected to arrive in Hawaii at 11:19 a.m. Saturday (4:19 p.m. EST).

source

www.abc.com.py
(visit the link for the full news article)

source

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
wonder what will happen when it reaches storm sarah

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks for posting about this.

Would you also keep an eye out for updates???

This situation... all the earthquakes, tsunamis, just bad. I feel for the people caught in the middle of these disasters.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This does confirm that our scientists are downplaying this event, seemingly trying to go with "normal" standards. While it's nice to not have a panic environment surrounding an event like this, if the scientists are wrong they need to reevaluate their logic as it's based of previous analysis of events and not necessarily indicative of a perfect storm of events. I'm sure if they are wrong though they will be able to explain their new theory.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have family in Ecuador who work in local government in Esmereldas on the coast and they have told him that the worst of the tsunami now has passed.
That was 4 hours ago.
Anyone know anything more of the situation.

I dont think this "the worst has passed" rings true.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
None of this has hit main stream media yet. Bit wierd I say.

new topics

top topics

join