It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes in Chile 8.8 + Japan 7.0 and 2 Tsunamis warnings and a Giant Iceberg.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Just like to say that again we have this end of days scenario like some disaster movie, we saw how bad Haiti was, yesterday night UK time there was a report of a Japanese Earthquake of 7.0 and a tsunami warning, I am not sure there was one.

Now we have Chile with 8.8 quake and it looks worse the more they show as they go along, I guess some large tsunami's are on their way somewhere with 52 countries being warned with computer modelling predictions.

We have a large Iceberg the size of Luxemberg that could effect salt water because it it fresh water and who knows what it could do, seems like a large mountain is in the sea right now.
I quote here, 'Massom said the shearing off of the ice tongue and the presence of the Mertz and B-9B icebergs could affect global ocean circulation.'

A trigger effect of events?

Chile.
news.bbc.co.uk...

Japan
news.yahoo.com...

Giant-iceberg
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Some have here have expressed the birth pangs which is a Biblical term and I can see why people can relate to that.

I added this because some will mention it if this thread gets any replies.

Mark 13:5-37
"Watch out that no one deceives you. 6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many. 7When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 8Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in diverse places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains.
Text

[edit on 27-2-2010 by The time lord]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Hopefully there won't be any huge Tsunamis coz that last one back 04 was massive... i can't see there being any big ones though...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I am not surprised at all. I believe in the Gaia Theory and I expect more of these events to happen as the years go on. We cannot continue our lifestyles without taking responsible actions to mimimise our impact on this planet. The human race as they stand atm can be defined by the same definition as a cancer/disease/parasite/pest. Whether or not the theory is true, one cannot but wonder with the upsurge in extreme weather and geological disruptions.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by loner007]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
The list of insane natural disasters & wild weather can go on, something is definitely up. The best people can do is prepare for anything get a weather alert/emergency radio, crank flashlight, store food/water somewhere that it's readily available. (B.O.B. IS NOT JUST FOR N.W.O.)
Also keep a small container of the same in your vehicles if your traveling and something happens. I don't care if it's only a 2 hr. trip.
Don't forget about the pets! I'd share my last meal w/my dog if I had too.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Well I guess we can say that we haven't been warned of these moments, but that would not be true. These will be the worst times in history. Just look at everything. No matter what you say we all come to ATS for our own specific reasons. This is one of my reasons. I hope this thread gets major attention, because this information needs to really get out. Great Post! S&F

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

for original
content
more infoEarthquakes in Chile 8.8 + Japan 7.0 and 2 Tsunamis warnings and a Giant Iceberg
with a cherry on top.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If we believe hollywood the US will be spared for last and hit the hardest. Nature has put up with man for far too long.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There are two Tsunami's at the moment. One off of Japan and one off of Chili. Going for Hawaii. The one off of chili is the biggest. The quake in Chili is 800 to 1000 times more powerful than the one in Japan. Oh yeah the one in chili is the largest earthquake in recorded history, early nineteen hundreds.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

lol. Nice.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by broli

In an all out war you save your greatest offense for their biggest defense. I think the war is over before it starts though.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

1741 x actually if you do the math, and no it is not the largest. It is around the eighth largest. The potential tsunami from the Japanese quake has long since dissipated and was very small anyway.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Hmm. I need to call my local news meteorologist. I wish Oz would come in on this. He would know all the facts.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

There are two Tsunami's at the moment. One off of Japan and one off of Chili. Going for Hawaii. The one off of chili is the biggest. The quake in Chili is 800 to 1000 times more powerful than the one in Japan. Oh yeah the one in chili is the largest earthquake in recorded history, early nineteen hundreds.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Conclusion]

I know, it was a massive one... but luckily it was in a low populated area. although it was felt pretty far into Chile!!

I guess we'll have to wait to see the full extent but so far it's like 78 people dead... the buildings have been damaged but at least they were pretty sturdy...

As for the Tsunami's... lets not get ahead of ourselves with unproven guestimates.... there always seems to be mass speculation on this site when it comes to Tsunamis!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I know, crazy, isn't it?

I started a thread last night about how the web bots predicted all this in one of their reports, but I think I posted it so late last night that nobody saw it. So, I'll post it again here, in case anyone wants to read it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
CNN just said evacuation sirens were going to be sounded in Hawaii at 6am local time.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
insterestingly more heavy earthquakes...

starting to get interesting now...

Wonder what this 8.8 will destablize somewhere else?

Seems the whole world is active now...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I was chatting with a girl from Japan this morning on stikam and she didnt hear about an earthquake;
maybe she didnt turn on the news or something.....

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The giant iceberg reminds me of the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" by Roland Emmerich. If I remember correctly, Sam's father Jack mentioned a chunk of ice the size of Rhode Island broke off the Arctic shell. This chunk of ice would later affect the balance of salt water and fresh water, then causing the extreme weather.

Rhode Island and Luxemburg are about the same in size. I know the movie is an exaggeration but it's still possible for this iceberg to have an affect weather later on.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Yeah that is true. But right now all we can do is speculate.

I just hope is will be on the low side of the speculations.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
I am not surprised at all. I believe in the Gaia Theory and I expect more of these events to happen as the years go on. We cannot continue our lifestyles without taking responsible actions to mimimise our impact on this planet. The human race as they stand atm can be defined by the same definition as a cancer/disease/parasite/pest. Whether or not the theory is true, one cannot but wonder with the upsurge in extreme weather and geological disruptions.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by loner007]

The Human race is not a parasite I believe in God and our goal is to spread throughout the earth as the creator intended but I do believe we should look after the earth too. I think if you ask people who know about the endtimes, our sins, greed and wars will have an impact on the frequency and strength in which these events happen on earth along with rising crime rates and godless nature, it's more like a curse and the more we do it the more problems the earth it self has. It is a long story but I hope those who believe in Bible prophecy may expand on this.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join