It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Organic Ships?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
hey all, just a thought ive been having lately,What are your thoughts on the Organic Spacecraft? its funny tho,Abduction accounts and even FIlms based on true stories such as 'Fire in the sky' and 'Night skies' also depict a Organic like living interior. Yet the beings within these accounts are also Greys,but the interesting thing is,hundreds of other Grey-abduction accounts say they were in a clean surgical room,sterile looking.

Why would the Greys have two different types of vessels if this is the case? I know im probably asking questions that cant be answered, perhaps they are ships that serve a different purpose?

Speculation is interesting.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

In the book Anastaisa of The Ringing Cedars Series by V.Megre, Anastasia explains how an organic UFO is formed and how it works. In Stargate Atlantis the Wraith had organic ships and they worked quite well. It may be sicence fiction but if you can dream it, it is possible!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I think its important to remember that there are several alleged alien species apparantly active in this part of space. Abductees, and witnesses over the last few decades have reported everything from Greys,to what are known in some cirlces as Nords. Tall blonde guys. And several different species besides.
This is important when trying to figure out the probability of some ships being organic. To understand the possibility further, you would need to look deeply into the different types of aliens that we have records of, and see if you can figure out which would be most likely to have such a ship. Then look through the encounter reports to see if any of the information in them supports your idea?
You wouldnt be the first to postulate a living ship, fiction writers have been all over the idea for a long time. Farscape , Warhammer 40,000 , and others down the years have used the premise as the basis for some truely inspiring fiction. And I dont think its utterly outside the realms of possibility either. We live on a world where there are people making computer chips with rat braincells as one of the main components, machine conciousness is not far away here on earth, so it stands to reason that it may have occured elsewhere in space, with other cultures.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I like the concept of a living ship.

I even like the concept that those who inhabit the ship are an external part of it but still connected to it in a fashion similar to feelers or whiskers (Like 'Greys' being pods or external appendages of a collective whole).

So were intelligent life (or eve life capable or traversing the stars) visiting Earth then why not?

It's a great concept, one I fully support in theory.

All we need now is proof to make it actual.

S+F for the concept.

-m0r

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I'm a big sci-fi fan and a lot of science fiction tends to become science fact over time, so that's one reason I like it. But I always thought the least plausible episodes of Star Trek were when they encountered organic ships, naturally occurring. Why? Because I can't think of how they might naturally occur, but I'm open minded enough to know that only means I haven't thought of a way, that doesn't mean there isn't one.

Perhaps more likely would be an engineered organic ship, so perhaps so it could repair itself when damaged, kind of like our skin does when we get a cut.

Interesting question.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You wouldnt be the first to postulate a living ship

No kidding

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 13arrows
FIlms based on true stories such as 'Fire in the sky'

By the way, if you read this and you still think 'Fire in the sky' is based on a true story, then you missed something when you read it.

The Selling of the Travis Walton "Abduction" Story

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Look at it this way. In the mighty oceans of earth there are paracites which live on whales and large fish. They use the massive sea beasts to move themselves around, and to feed on. Now imagine a beast large enough to make a humanoid or at least human sized being, comparative to the size of that paracite. It would have to be huge, but the natural precedent for one species using another as a transport or food source, is well established on earth. Goes for land based critters as well. I only use the example of whales because I believe they are a better example due to thier shape and method of locomotion.
What I am saying is that if there was such a thing, then to a large degree the species living on that ship , might not actualy be a part of it, but might merely be using another species in the same way that paracites attatch to whales and large fish, or may have evolved to the stage where they have gone beyond mere hitch hiking, and have accesed the mind of a gargantuan creature , to take control of its steering.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

That all makes perfect sense to me except, where do they evolve, on a planet? And if so, how do they get off the planet? That might be easier on a small, low gravity world but those are unlikely to have liquid water, but even if it's a non-carbon based life form, it must have some kind of metabolism for energy production like a food source, and there's not much food once it leaves the planet, right?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well S & F for you !

Bioships on Wikipedia.

@ Lord Bucket

Great link

To return on topic.
I know I'm probably asking questions that cant be answered, perhaps they are ships that serve a different purpose?

Why would the Greys have two different types of vessels if this is the case?

I think I can help you a bit furthrr with this.

57 diferent alien species.
Sgt. Clifford Stone is telling about all known species of extra terrestrial humanoid origin, we have met or been told of by others.
This includes several different species of grey.u]

This could be a plausible answer IMHO of course.

Then again. Why shouldn't´t have a single species have multiple transport vehicles in use ?
How many do we have ?

As for the sci-fie series available.
I think Babylon 5 and Space above and beyond and Stargate the original series have the most believable storyline.

I also read a thread or reply post where someone said ...
Our sun was born in a n interstellar nebula. So this would mean countless of stars would have probably been born there all from the same dust and gas clouds.Therefore it´s more then likely for life as we no it to by wide spread.
I can´t remember where and when maybe someone here also read it ?

I hope I have been useful for you.

Of course keep in mind it is all backed up by speculation and possible hoaxes !

For now we do not have the understanding to create a bio ship.

It would be cool tho !

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Well heres the thing. We know life as a certain format here on earth, and we dont have any expirience of the possibilities that the galaxy or even the wider universe may contain.This means that A)Our frame of reference may be limited to the point where science denies that which it cannot examine B)On the other hand, it also means that we get to theorise about how such a beastie might be possible. Something occurs to me just this moment. Perhaps such a beast wouldnt actualy eat what you and I would recognise as food? Perhaps it would gain its mineral requirements from consuming asteroids, or perhaps they would hibernate in orbit of a sun every decade or so in order to nourish themselves. Dont forget , just as much as too much sun gives us cancer here on earth, you can get some nasty diseases from vitamin D deficiency, and vitamin D comes from sunlight... so maybe its a solar powered lifeform? In actual fact the possibilities are endless!...
There is nothing to disprove the idea that life could evolve in space. We havent proven that there is no such thing as a vacuum breather. Its highly unlikely but its a fascinating concept . Perhaps these things are born in nebula, therefore never have to leave an atmosphere. I mean we are talking hypothetical exobiology here... its pretty bizzare, and its basicaly invent a critter on the fly
I just dont hold to the current thinking which goes " if we aint seen it, it aint happened" .

Its the proving one of these things really exists that would be hard
Fun thought excersize though

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Perhaps the ship-species would also have a symbiotic relationship with the humanoids when it comes to procreation also.

They might rely on us to mate (test tube babies?), rear and train their young - and even launch them into orbit once they hit puberty where they are further trained by the older adults who have retired from the fleet.

Of course, the whole ship need not be biological to enjoy some of the benefits that the encorporation of biological components might bring. They could even be bred to use our waste.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I´ve read a book.
The Swarm: A Novel Of The Deep - by Frank Schätzing

Absolute amazing writing IMO.

He actualy has done a lot of research for his book and he based his story on existing true scientific reality.
It tells about another speccies on earth.

I 100 % recommend it !
it !

Edit.
In a way this other species makes use of organic ships. ( with a little twist of course.)

[edit on 27/2/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I will have to have a look at that at some point. Love to hear some thoughts on the possible nature of a hypothetical space dweller if anyone has any ! ?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I can see it now...

"Try the new McDonals UFO Veggie Burgers....They're out of this world"

lol.

--------------------------------------------

How would an organic Alien craft survive in an non-gaseous vaccum like space, and then an gaseous rich one like on Earth, or would they have a "bubble-shield" for one or the other?

Interesting eh?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Brilliant, i love people who think out side the box like you, i really have know intrest for things we allready know and understand scientifically!

This is the reason i give you a star & flag

As you said tho we probly will never know, but going on wot information we have at hand and available to us, from a well documented case/evidence, id have to say the same as others, diffrent species seem to have difftrent crafts maybe because they have diffrent needs and ways of thinking, i mean a cat wouldnt be comfortable sitting in a dog basket would it

sometimes the answers are that simple,

my guess would be a bioship would be some form of living, intelligent, AI Bio & self aware created by the greys for abduction perposes only maybe thats how there bodys survive in that sort of environment day in day out aswell,

thats utter mind boggling technologys at work there tho, artificial Bio Mechanical ship/craft, with selfaware AI controling, artificial gravity & anti gravity propultion systems,

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Well going back to the example of whales, they might survive the spaces between stars by method of absorbing any mineral source they encounter along the way. Yes its true that space is a non gaseous environment, but its not true to say that there is NOTHING in space. Its pretty cluttered up with junk and debris , certainly when talking about the space within a star system. If a being of such a size could consume enough energy to propel it from one star to another , perhaps such a being would travel a certain distance, say to the next nearest star system and then scoop up minerals from as I said, asteroids, or motes of space dust, or solar throw off?
If as we were saying they are ship beasts, then perhaps its not required for them to have the ability to land themselves or interact with an atmosphere. It may be that whatever race has inhabited the beast, would launch its own constructs to the planet in order to visit.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 13arrows

Some types of ufo certainly do seem like life forms. The ufo orbs when viewed close up are not like metallic but of some other substance, they spin and rotate and there is a almost heart beat coming from the centre like a plasma ball when touched. The ones seen in my avatar are actually clustering together into groups and maybe these clusters when seen from the sky are what people are actually believing to be ships with their supposed coloured lights? Look into the ships of light. These may also be the same thing. After one mass sighting of a group of ufo orbs one of these ships of light buzzed us four times, it was radiant white light and didn't look to have any sharp angles or parts on it, it was just a mass of white light that may have been organic

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Could be possible, the ship might get it's energy via radiation like fungi do. That's the only thing i can think of.
But like someone said the energy needed to travel such vast distances would be huge and naturalr adiation in space wouldn't be enough i imagine.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I believe everything in the universe is "organic". Our bodies are vessels from traveling through "space". Nanotechnology. If snails can be programmed to build silicone shells, then it should be possible to create giant biological factories to build spacecraft components out of other elements. In fact, if you understand the universe and how it operates, you will see that such an idea is completely plausible, and even highly likely, albeit outside of the scope of our human understanding and technology.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join