It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A whale called luna

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I watched this last night, its one of the most beautiful, devistating things ive watched in a long time.
What makes it so important. Is the questions raised about the relation ship between humans and wildlife.

www.bbc.co.uk...

"Luna (L98) was a six-year-old orca, separated from his Southern Resident L Pod family when he was about two years old. Resident orcas usually spend their entire lives with their pod, so Luna's situation was unique. Luna made his home in Nootka Sound, on the west coast of Vancouver Island in Canada. Luna tragically died on March 10, 2006.

Luna was an incredible little whale. Against all odds, he survived for four years without the guidance of his pod. He spent his time foraging for salmon, playing, and calling for his family. When he needed companionship, he often turned to people or boats. Many people around Nootka Sound looked out for him and tried to keep him safe.

Luna brought thousands of people together from around the world with one common goal: to reunite him with his family. "

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I love story's like this on ATS. With all the bad things going on in the world we need a place to go to where we can learn/hear about the amazing things that happen our world.

IMO. ATS needs a new board for positive loving stories from around the world.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
that truly breaks my heart.. this world is sometimes so wonderful, and at the same time so cruel.. i couldn't imagine having to live without my family, although i don't see them enough, but without them, well, i'd probably not last as long as Luna did... what caused his death? not that i think i really want to know...

new topics

join