It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Draft Debate is Growing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Our Forces are deployed to their limits AND we can not even relieve them with rotation. Retirements are being postponed....You can bet the Draft will return and "resistance is futile", Those between 18 and 26 better be in school and maintaining grades, if you are on the streets, you WILL be swept off to boot camp.
The age of effeminate american males is over!
The age of hip-hop gangwarefare in amercan cities is over!
Believe me, after the next attack on an amercan city, most likely via nuclear material...their will be bitter anger and resentment on any citizen who resists service to their country.
The good news is, not all sevicemen are deployed in actual combat....it takes 4 support personel for every actual combat troop. Start thinking of a skill to suport the effort, transportation,medicine, logistics, intelligence etc.
Semper Fi

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
obviously you don't have childrens of you own or care less.

And I have to give you credit they should first sweep the corners and the streets for those young people that are fathering children and having children with no jobs and anything better but making babies to do at least the childrens will be taken care of.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
marg6043 and Indy,

Explain to me this evil thing with President Bush please, PPLLEEAASSEE.

Explain to me how he is tyrannical, please. I am serious. Indy mainly, said that he was tyrannical, please explain it to me.

My thought was that the government was trying to rid of a terrorist movement in the middle east. I thought that they came and placed three jets into several of our most precious buildings.

Please explain how the removal of a tyrant and the rebuilding of a nation is insane and tyrannical. And yes I am serious. I may sound shrewd but I am serious, I am just not getting it, people continue saying this but I just don't get it.

If you can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
SK

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The point is, I am newly married, have a great job, and I am a prime candidate to go in a draft. Male age 21, good physical condition, no medical problems. Am I just supposed to throw away all I've worked my life at, my marriage, my job, just to go fight for people who dont give a damn about us helping them? I think not. If it's to defend America, okay, but not to go "democrify" the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Well thats pretty stupid! Why would you want to temp people like that to go to war!?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I would much rather voulenteer than be drafted!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
It is plenty of threads that discuss bushes evilness, just do a search, and my point about the draft is obvious, I have a 20 year old daughter and an 18 year old son. I want my children home.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
For those of you who don't think the Iraqi people want us there, here is my thought.

The people in Vietnam didn't want us there and they showed us that emotion by killing thousands and thousands of our troops.

20% of the Iraqi people (roughly) don't want us there because they had the high life when Saddam was in power. The other 80% actually do enjoy the company of our troops and especially like it when we rebuild their schools and homes.

And further more, the draft as of now is not going to happen, not even close, I have stated this before but will state it again.

Powell, Rumsfield, Bush, they all say we are nowhere needing a draft.
Now, if the war on terror picks up, if a major attack occurs you bet it might happen, but then I would hope you would see the same thing you saw on
9/11 and remember it.

America has 138,000 heroes over there right now, we should appreciate that more.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I do believe that in Israel it is mandatory for each adult citizen, male or female, to serve in the military for at least a three year period. Whether this is exactly correct, I am not sure.

As for the possibility of the upcoming re-instatement of the draft in the USA, I can only imagine what will happen to push conscription into reality. Perhaps a nuclear event in a large American city or a biological attack. But you can be guaranteed that it will be on US soil and will be large enough to scare the S**T out of the US general population so that there won't be time to think and rationalize. Grab your boots and your M16 and off you go.

To attempt at bringing through the draft now, just because more troops are needed in Iraq or anywhere else over there most likely wouldn't fly with the US population. However, should a catastrophic 'terrorist' event or an act of agression take place on behalf of another 'evil' country, then perhaps they will get what they want.

My personal views are that this 'war on terror' that the US is spearheading is a fake and a scam and is orchestrated by those who have alternate agendas. Yeah, yeah some of you will give me flack for this but that is how I feel. Too many things just don't add up. Anyways, a bit off topic.

If the draft comes - run north to Vancouver. They have great beer, good peeler joints and you can puff a gagger in the streets!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Running to canada won't save you these days!

and what's so bad about mandatory service? I'd be all up for it...
train for three years in the army and your off for the rest of your life, I know alot of people that would be better off with a little respect and discipline... as a matter of fact I think the whole country would be a little better with a little respect and discipline. If it was mandatory for every male and female to serve in the armed forces for three years, regardless of income, status, or anything else, I'd be all for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No going to another country will not save you.

When my father was drafted for corea, my grandfather took the letter and never gave it to my father, few days later he pact his things and move to ST.Croist with my father well the MPs got my father arrested in ST.Croist and my father did not even had a clue what was going on.

My grandfather confessed and since then this has been a topic of family reunion the day my father got arrested for draft evading.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 03:07 AM
link   
A draft's success will be dependent if the war is justifiable defense measure to keep our land from being taken, or if it's just another gambit move to secure natural resources for empire building. If it's the later, it will fall flat on it's face.

380,000 inactive service members still available to be recalled to full active duty, we have a long ways to go before a draft.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhensley84
The point is, I am newly married, have a great job, and I am a prime candidate to go in a draft. Male age 21, good physical condition, no medical problems. Am I just supposed to throw away all I've worked my life at, my marriage, my job, just to go fight for people who dont give a damn about us helping them? I think not. If it's to defend America, okay, but not to go "democrify" the Middle East.

I seem to recall some recent mumblings about the draft returning here in the UK though nothing seems to have come of it to my (admittedly limited) knowledge.

However the quote above has very much struck a chord with me. Isn't it funny how the possible advent of this draft brings up this point, that the education systems we currently live in aim to help us get jobs and lead happy lives in leafy suburbs etc. only to possibly bring us straight back down again?

Death of a Salesman, anyone?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
One and a half years until I'm eligible to be a Grade D, US primecut cannon fodder/bullet catcher.

Lovely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join