It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia warns West against "crippling" Iran sanctions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Russia warns West against "crippling" Iran sanctions

www.reuters.com

Oleg Rozhkov, the deputy director of the Russian Foreign Ministry's security affairs and disarmament department, said Moscow would only consider sanctions aimed at strengthening the nuclear non-proliferation regime.

"Call them what you want -- crippling or paralyzing -- we are not got going to work on sanctions or measures which could lead to the political or economic or financial isolation of this country," Rozhkov told reporters in Moscow.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
So if economical sanctions are not accepted by Russia , what kind of sanctions would they suggest ? Most likely NO SANCTION!

I believe this to be a facade which Russia played , agreeing to sanctions so they appear to be against nuclear development , however stalling sanctions that could endanger their economy.

I sincerely don't even know what to make out of this Iran issue anymore . Sanctions not working , war is not a solution in my books , there fore they might as well leave them alone.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Russia is saying : Do you really want to stop an iranian nuclear bomb, or do you want regime change?

Russia is forcing Israel and the US to put their real plan in daylight.

If they are only concerned by the Iranian nuclear program, then only sanctions on their nuclear program would make sense, otherwise, it is not.

Russia doesn't want another US puppet gaining power in Iran.

And OP, it's so fun to blame Russia, when according to US analysts, US moves clearly shows that they wouldn't care about Iran having nukes, the only ones having their panties in a bunch here is Israel.

The US rationale for Iran having nukes and not being a danger... if Mao, Kim Jong Crazy and the Ruskies had nukes and didn't start nuclear war, Iran won't do so either. And I tend to agree with them.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
What makes you so sure war is not an option? War is very much an option.......just because it would launch the ME into chaos don't think for a second it's not an option. The US has been preparing for war against Iran for decades. It's going to happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I didn't figure that Russia would ever go along with sanctions against Iran. They have too many deals going on with them. And I know that if Israel and/or the US does attack Iran, Russia is going to be pissed. What their actions might be, if any, is anyone's guess.
I think that Obama should bring all of our troops home instead of contemplating a war with Iran. We are almost broke and another war on top of the two we are fighting would totally collapse our financial system. We should get out of the ME, kick out all the illegal immigrants, guard our borders and concentrate on saving America instead of trying to save the world. Let some other country take the lead for once.
Iran getting a nuke isn't a good thing but it's not America's job to be playing world police all the time. Bring our military home and let Israel take care of Iran if they want to. If we weren't in the ME then Iran is no threat to us. Their missiles won't reach our mainland I don't believe.....

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Not an option if i was to take the decision i was trying to say. What you say is true. I guess we will see as time passes.

reply to post by Vitchilo

Not blaming Russia in any way.i was just trying to point out that this sanction path will basically go nowhere. We all know what US of A want there , and what kind of sanctions the government wishes to apply , but other countries will not agree , therefore it will basically not happen.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
What makes you so sure war is not an option? War is very much an option.......just because it would launch the ME into chaos don't think for a second it's not an option. The US has been preparing for war against Iran for decades. It's going to happen.

As an aggressor the US (at least since Korea) have chosen wars they can win, even so Afghanistan is a stale mate, Iraq harks back to Vietnam and a move on Iran could have consequences for the entire area, not the least of which Israel may get it's ass handed to them, no one is really sure how well armed Iran is, it's likely that the talk about Sunburn missile supplies are only to cover those already in place.

During the collapse of the Soviet Union, nuclear weapons in neighboring states were suspect, Russia claims they have them all accounted for, but then who would admit to losing a nuclear device?

Instead of rattling sabers the US and the IAEA should be welcoming Iran and helping in the building of power plants. However the TPTB want Iran dependent on oil for energy, after all if power generation was nuclear then Iran could "sit" on it's oil to a large extent.

Israel has continued to kick the neighbors dog for so long that in time the dog will bite, Israel is such a small state that a nuclear retaliation from Iran would be far more devastating.

June 1, 1998

Pakistan's offer for cooperation

It is declared that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has offered Turkey cooperation for Nuclear Weapons. Being surrounded by countries with nuclear programs pushes Turkey to take the necessary measures even while it continues disarmament efforts.

By Deniz Zeyrek

Ankara -- India and Pakistan's nuclear tests, which sparked international opposition, have resulted in action in Turkey, which is surrounded by countries with nuclear programs, including Iran, Iraq, Syria and Israel, and the former USSR. Turkey is anxious about the latest developments. On the other hand, according to the information received, Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has said to Turkey ‘Let's work together on nuclear weapons'. It is reported that Nawaz Sharif made this offer personally to [Turkish] President Suleyman Demirel and to the Minister with him.

www.cnp.ca...

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
So we have the states pushing Hard for their "crippling sanctions", Russia and China giving clear signals that sanctions are pretty much unacceptable and they won't allow it.

All I can think of is... Haha in your FACE USA and Israel. Your sanctions aren't going to work!

Then again, USA has been planning this middle-east take over for a long time.. It's a very large and diabolical agenda. Perhaps they are counting on sanctions to fail to have the excuse to launch war.

Either way... As I have always known, always seen with this issue, WAR will occur. Just a matter of when and under what circumstances.

Pretty bizarre to think that we are all going to live through WW3 in our lifetimes... Kinda blows my mind

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

The US already controls most of the Middle East, Iraq, Iran, Syria, and Afghanistan was the only countries which were sovereign.

Now it is only Iran and Syria.

That being said, these two sovereign countries will work against US Interest, and US Interests are to colonize every country in that region therefore they have the legitimacy.

That to me is basically self defense because we all know America has tried many. many times to cripple the Iranian and the Syrian government, they are still trying but failing continuously, and that failure will result into a collapse of an aggressive empire.

USSR was similar, it revived because it let go of some of its colonized states in Asia, including Afghanistan.

Good luck to the American people at the end of the day, because once the US empire collapses, it will be the tax payers who will suffer, not the elites who brought this situation to the country.

Sorry but it will have to happen sooner or later, and all those arrogant fouls will realize that their country is not in a form of GOD. They can't decide what is right and what is wrong, who to invade and who not to invade, who to torture and who not to torture, who to bomb and who not to bomb.

They will realize that their silence were their worst enemy, they will realize that when they allowed to be fouled, they allowed it, not anyone else in this world. It was the American citizens who allowed themselves to be fouled.

No it wasn't Iran, or China, or Venezuela who allowed the American people to get fouled like dogs, it was the Americans themselves, out of ignorance, and out of their arrogance.

So once against, good luck America, because you will get what the Nazi Germany got.

We all know history repeats itself, America is the evidence. Take a good look and wait.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Poor Iran Persia has been around since practically the beginning of recorded history and they have a bankrupt highly leveraged 240 year old psuedo democratic nation dictating to them what they can and can not do.

Personally if I was Iran I would be building a nuclear bomb with one hand and flipping us the bird with the other hand!

But hey since some of you out there have actually conned yourself into thinking we do these nations a favor lets look at the failed nations list!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b30d36eed728.jpg[/atsimg]

Coming in at number five of the worst nations to live in ahead of such bellweather spots as Somalia, Sudan, Zimbabwe and Chad, 3 thousand American lives, 3,000,000 Iraqi lives, and 3,000,000,000.000.00 US Dollars later is lovely Iraq!

Yeah!

Followed by D.R. Congo, another 2,000 American Lives, 2,000,0000 Afghan Lives and 2,000,000,000,000.00 US Dollars more is Afghanistan at the 7th worst place to live in the world.

How lovely are these budding democracies in action we have bankrupted our treasury and killed millions of people to create?

Pre-Earthquake Haiti the poorest nation in the Western Hemisphere is number 14, whose Gross National Domestic Product wouldn't have even paid for one year of these wars in the 8 years they have been going.

These numbers are brought to you by the good folks at Carnegie Mellon measuring every indicator of national stability to produce the rankings.

Iran currently number 49 on the list several spots ahead of Columbia is bound to plummet into the bottom 10 once the warmongering oil coveting religious xenophobes get their way.

You know some of you people really need to develop a conscious and get your heads out of your bigoted and paranoid behinds before it’s too late.

Our great grandkids are already going to be paying for the wars we are already loosing.

Who is being sanctioned? Our future generations!

[edit on 24/2/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

I have to agree on your assessment of the situation. There will be a war and it will be the War of all Wars. It's just a matter of time. It was predicted a couple of thousand years ago. When will it happen? A day, a year or two, who knows.

I was thinking about why we were in the ME the other day and was wondering if TPTB were planning to take it over, then you say the same thing. Iraq, Afghanistan, and now this thing with Iran makes it look that way.

The reason why is obvious enough.....OIL....Black Gold......Texas Tea......

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hello,
Leave Iran to themselves.
I'm offended really that the US in particular is so adamant on using-up all the world's resources before enlisting more "Earth-friendly" energy sources. It's like "It's my way or the highway!" Spoiled rotten children don't like to share their toys with anyone. And after abusing their own toys, they have to go and bully somebody who is as deserving of the same toy!
It's time for our leaders to have their exuberant salaries reduced to a modest middle-class income, so they can learn how to behave like us normal, people-friendly, toy-friendly bunch of life-lovers. And to start appreciating what they've got. Thumbs-down on oil...It's so over-rated.
Once you stop covetting what your neighbor has, you have no more reason to fight and bicker over silly wants, because these days oil reserves are nolonger reserved. It's becoming obsolete. Turn over a new leaf, I say. I dare you to try, sobbing coward. Go cry to your Mama's. Let them tell you it's time to grow-up and act like a man.
Woo! That was a good rant. I hope I didn't veer too far off the topic

[edit on (2/24/1010 by loveguy]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Russia's relationship with Iran is complex and not obvious on the surface.

Russia benefits from Iran being the source of tension in the Middle East. Every sabre rattling contributes to oil prices going up from which the both benefit. Both are countries on the margin economically with large territory, high population, and very few productive industries generating significant exports.

The sanctions have helped Russia enormously. Iran is dependent on Russian produced weapons as it cannot easily obtain parts for American/Israeli/German models.

Russia would like Iran to e a client state even more than it is now. Iran's government in imprudent and pays way over market price for Russian technology which is often outdated or dysfunctional.

But Russia is always concerned about it's border security and sphere of influence. It sees no advantage to an empowered Iran on it's doorstep, particularly with an unpredictable irrational regime. Russia has some ear of creating it's own Frankenstein monster. Up till now it hasn't been an issue as Iran still lacks a proper delivery system and the miniaturization capability for effective nuclear warheads.

It is also unclear where Iran would stand when and if the Russians develop conflicts with it's Islamic former Soviet Union member states.

So Russia is reticent on backing Iran on all levels. Many pluses but potential very negative scenarios.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Russia benefits from Iran being the source of tension in the Middle East. Every sabre rattling contributes to oil prices going up from which the both benefit. Both are countries on the margin economically with large territory, high population, and very few productive industries generating significant exports.

Wow that's incredible Russia uses Iran like we use Israel?

Who would have thunk it.

Takes actually two to tango Michael!

Pity its the po folks who pick up the tab on the dance card!

So Russia won't let anyone sanction Iran no matter how much some may want to, just like we here in the U.S. won't let Israel be sanctioned no matter how some may want too.

Like the 100 non-aligned nations at the U.N. who recently voted to censor Israel for not allowing IAEA Inspections like Iran allows and not signing the Nuclear Treaties and accords like Iran has.

Thanks for shedding light on this mystifying situation!

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Russia probably is privy to the type of important information that the u.s., israel, france, and anyone else just won't listen to. m
They probably know the facts and or the truth that just isn't being told to anyone, anywhere about this subject.

Plus, just consider iraq.
Iraq had crippling sanctions. Most people were poor, and the hospitals were underfunded, ect.
Hussain was actually in talks with people to get the sanctions removed. It is suppossed that Bill Clinton, who wasn't in favor of removing them, did not consider removing them, but told Hussain indirectly what needed to be done in order for the sanctions to be removed from Iraq.

Hassain, by the time bush came around, had no weapons of mass destruction. (One of the conditions)
Hussain wanted better hospitals and water systems for his people. Anyway, Russia knows all of this. They actually have top secret document to prove it.
Embassadors were actually shot at by american soldiers when they were leaving iraq with documents which prove many things that george bush isn't privy too as well.

Russia has it's reasons for not supporting sanctions at all the the u.s. are in favor of because of what happened. It's a giant mixed signal, when one president indirectly tells Hussain what he needs top do to get the sanctions lifted, and the other one attacks him when he completes everything he had to do to get them lifted. Bush is a crazy man as seen by so many other people outside the uk, ausrtalia, israel, the u.s., and certain allies.

Anyway, they also might not know what to do, not nothing, but supporting american backed sanctions is something they are not and will not consider because of what happened in Iraq diplomatically. Seriously, the iraq invasion came out of thin air. Certain countries know this already, and have know it the whole time, and I don't mean anybody in the middle east yet. We're talking perminent members countries on the security council. The us couldn't get un backing before the war for a reason.

Russia will think of something they always do, but it won't support us backed sanctions. Tony Blair and George Bush are the biggest jokes in certain intellectual circles all across the globe. So many men stupidly fear them though. I fear them like
I fear a drunk driver crashing into me and killing me and my friends.
Seriously, friends don't let friends drive drunk.

Whatever avenue they take it will be cunning.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Like the 100 non-aligned nations at the U.N. who recently voted to censor Israel for not allowing IAEA Inspections like Iran allows and not signing the Nuclear Treaties and accords like Iran has.

Oh yes, that august body the United Nations. The 57 members of the Organization of the Islamic Conference en masse predictably condemn Israel at every opportunity. But they seem to be unmoved by genocide, human rights violations, illegal actions perpetrated by one of their own.

Then there's those dozens of impoverished countries run by strong arm militaries, cutthroat despots, abysmally corrupt kings and clerics, warlords, etc. For some reason they share the same antipathies.

The UN's performance has been so disgraceful in the past years it's a compliment to be disliked by the assembled thug regimes comprising more than half the membership.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Funny you failed to mention the 43 non-muslim nations which any two of in a majority rule system would actually compell little old Israel to comply with the same laws little old Israel wants everyone to follow but little old Israel and then a little further beyond the spirit and the letter of the law.

What do they teach a selective reasoning class in Tel Aviv or something, where you learn how to parse and only address part of the entire equation that might have some emotional manipulation appeal.

So what if half of them were Islamic nations, the laws that they are required to follow should be no different than the laws Israel has to follow.

Israel has not signed the Nuclear Regulatory Accords, Iran has, Israel refuses.

Israel will not allow International Atomic Energy Inspectors to inspect it's nuclear facilities Iran does.

How many of Israel's nuclear facilities are secret? ALL OF THEM.

I should technically be able to bill you for making me listen to this tripe!

You know if you kids would all learn to get along, I could go out and get a new girlfiend and wouldn't have to babysit you all all the time!

Wouldn't you much rather play nice and take your chances with the Iranians than have me on the constant lookout?

Seriously?

???????

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Funny you failed to mention the 43 non-muslim nations which any two of in a majority rule system would actually compell little old Israel to comply with the same laws little old Israel wants everyone to follow but little old Israel and then a little further beyond the spirit and the letter of the law.

What do they teach a selective reasoning class in Tel Aviv or something, where you learn how to parse and only address part of the entire equation that might have some emotional manipulation appeal.

So what if half of them were Islamic nations, the laws that they are required to follow should be no different than the laws Israel has to follow.

Israel has not signed the Nuclear Regulatory Accords, Iran has, Israel refuses.

Israel will not allow International Atomic Energy Inspectors to inspect it's nuclear facilities Iran does.

How many of Israel's nuclear facilities are secret? ALL OF THEM.

I should technically be able to bill you for making me listen to this tripe!

You know if you kids would all learn to get along, I could go out and get a new girlfiend and wouldn't have to babysit you all all the time!

Wouldn't you much rather play nice and take your chances with the Iranians than have me on the constant lookout?

Seriously?

I great along with people fine. Just see so many vicious lies, distortions, disinformation this board I often feel the need to lash out.

Israel is under very special circumstances given they are a small new country surrounded by Muslim regimes being run by a bunch of cutthroats and lunatics, many oil-soaked, who seem to have nothing better to do than they make every effort trying to destroy the one Jewish state in their midst.

A different set of rules come into play when you're isolated and the cards are stacked against you.

Everyone one in the region would benefit from co-operation and reciprocity. But paranoid primitive tribal rules are in force.

You do what you have to do to survive.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Israel is under very special circumstances given they are a small new country surrounded by Muslim regimes being run by a bunch of cutthroats and lunatics, many oil-soaked, who seem to have nothing better to do than they make every effort trying to destroy the one Jewish state in their midst.

A different set of rules come into play when you're isolated and the cards are stacked against you.

What utter rubish.

As they say in the real estate business location, location, location!

I do believe the Zionists were quite aware of the neighborhood they were stealing their home in!

Sounds like a basic propensity to be a slum lord situation to me!

When you consider the simple fact that most of the world's Jews including your self chose to remain in Diaspora then the reality it's not even a necessity.

There are a dozen younger nations at the very least who don't get these special rules, or the subsdidies either and let me tell you they didn't do to great on the location charts either.

It's not a rule at all when it only applies to one person and they get to make it up.

Seriously no one is really looking at this thread do you actually believe this disengenous nonsense.

You know I have been talking to someone and I kind of like her, to early to tell but I am going to go over there and straighten this mess out myself if I have too if she turns out to be a keeper.

Learn to be responsible for crying outloud.

Stop screwing up my planet for no good reason!

Seriously.

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

What utter rubish.

As they say in the real estate business location, location, location!

I do believe the Zionists were quite aware of the neighborhood they were stealing their home in!

Sounds like a basic propensity to be a slum lord situation to me!

When you consider the simple fact that most of the world's Jews including your self chose to remain in Diaspora then the reality it's not even a necessity.

There are a dozen younger nations at the very least who don't get these special rules, or the subsdidies either and let me tell you they didn't do to great on the location charts either.

It's not a rule at all when it only applies to one person and they get to make it up.

Seriously no one is really looking at this thread do you actually believe this disengenous nonsense.

You know I have been talking to someone and I kind of like her, to early to tell but I am going to go over there and straighten this mess out myself if I have too if she turns out to be a keeper.

Learn to be responsible for crying outloud.

Stop screwing up my planet for no good reason!

Seriously.

You finished?

Responding to the same endless drone of "Evil Zionists" "Evil US govt" is becoming pointless.

Brush up on your Farsi and move to Iran where peace, solidarity, and a govt offering enforced protection from the Forces of Evil await you.

With your world view you'll fit in quite nicely. You don't even have to join a conspiracy forum. Everything is a conspiracy there.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by mmiichael]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join