It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ED Schultz wants to use Cheney as the poster child for the public option lol!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ED Schultz, host of the lowly rated ED Show on MSNBC, wants to use Dick Cheney as the poster child for healthcare reform. What an idiot. Only a Progressive wouldnt be able to see the negative long term implications of having a country full of Cheney's on the public health system.

The guy has had like 5 heart attacks, a pacemaker, several angioplasties, etc... Just imagine if we had to pay for millions of Cheneys with our tax dollars. The average guy makes like a couple million dollars during his working life and pays like a million of it in some form of tax and now we are going to be paying like 10 million dollars in healthcare benefits and social security to keep him fat and happy in his old age.

This sounds like a good fiscal plan that won't bankrupt the country anytime soon. LMAO! If we get anymore compassionate and loving in this country we are all going to die.

Luckily for society Cheney is still actually producing something in this world in hs old age.

Get well soon Mr Cheney!

Free hip replacements for everyone over 70 on me.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Mr Sunchine]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
We could just have mandatory euthenasia for poor people after the age of 60. This would solve all the issues of medicare/medicaid

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
We could just have mandatory euthenasia for poor people after the age of 60. This would solve all the issues of medicare/medicaid

Wow. I hope thats just sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

That might be a bit drastic, but we could stop paying for people's lung cancer treatment after they smoked for like 50 years. We could stop paying for obese people to get gastric bypass surgery and just wire their mouths shut. We could stop paying for stents for their cholesterol clogged arteries because they eat a box of twinkies everyday and chase it down with two biggiesized combos. Just common sense really.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Actually, I wonder how many people would go into a sort of hibernation/stasis at age 65 to be thawed out once medicine advances...assuming we came up with a tech to allow such stasis.

I think that would be a nice option...poor...dying...jump into the freezer and one year be treated when its cheap/free

Hell, I would sign up for that now...could solve alot of issues actually...how far along is our cryogenic technology anyhow.

Last time I looked seriously at Alcor was about 10 years ago and the issue of the frozen strawberry is still a major issue...however, there was some emerging tech that allowed for a less cold freeze...

I think if its feasable, a few billion in research needs to be awarded for serious progression of stasis.

ok, this is far off topic, but the ultimate point is advancing technology is really the only way we are going to get out of this moral dilemma and actually solve problems...and out of the box thinking is required.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

This isnt Logans Run! Even though in that movie everyone died at the age of 30....on their 30th birthday in fact.

new topics

top topics

join